😶🤯

🍝🤯

🙍 

🛡️ 

👖

🗽 🧱

🙎🏿

💆‍♂️➡️

Reviews were pretty spot on with it being a bit of a mess that takes some bigger swings, while being super Raimi.

Liked a lot of stuff but yeah took me a bit to get into it. Wish the madness of multiverse hit a little harder. Like at least one other universe woulda been fun. 

Look forward to seeing it again knowing what’s ahead.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Reviews were pretty spot on with it being a bit of a mess that takes some bigger swings, while being super Raimi.

Liked a lot of stuff but yeah took me a bit to get into it. Wish the madness of multiverse hit a little harder. Like at least one other universe woulda been fun. 

Look forward to seeing it again knowing what’s ahead.

The plot is terrible, only reason I like it is because the Illuminati and what they did to their universes dr strange. Olsen was the only bright spot of the film

• Like 1

After seeing it twice, I will say I'm a bit happier than this film didn't have some huge ramifications on everything moving forward. Seems like the hype machine for the MCU in terms of who are we going to get as the next big cameo, hints at another movie, and that being what a lot of people mostly care about takes center stage compared to any potential narrative with the characters that are supposed to be spotlighted in their own film. The Illuminati weren't around long, and the movie could have spiraled into something beyond just a Doctor Strange story, but it kept itself grounded even with the idea of the "multiverse". Almost as if Kevin Feige/Sam Raimi gave the fans what they wanted for around 10 minutes, and then slammed the door saying "Now stop asking". End cut scenes are a staple now, and I'm great with that leading to other things, but within the movies themselves, I'm maybe starting to want the curtain to be closed a bit in regards "everything else" that's out there in the MCU. 

I’m torn. Cameos were great as was Wanda — I really hope she isn’t dead. I was hoping for more of a Loki tone in this. Overall, the movie was too much Raimi for me. The Strange vs Strange musical note fight was terrible and should’ve been so much better than that. Things like that took me out of it. Almost too much action too iyam. 

I assume Darkhold Strange hinted at Kang. Would’ve been cool to get a glimpse of him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m torn. Cameos were great as was Wanda — I really hope she isn’t dead. I was hoping for more of a Loki tone in this. Overall, the movie was too much Raimi for me. The Strange vs Strange musical note fight was terrible and should’ve been so much better than that. Things like that took me out of it. Almost too much action too iyam. 

I assume Darkhold Strange hinted at Kang. Would’ve been cool to get a glimpse of him. 

Really? That's a shame mate. I liked the Beethoven/Bach musical magic battle. Seemed different. For me there are only so many mystical beam rays that can be exchanged between wizards and sorcerers before it starts to get flimsy. That part felt refreshing compared to other stuff I had seen previously. Could definitely see that put out panel to panel. 

Raimi and Elfman have a long history together, so maybe he just wanted to have some fun with his partner. Speaking of which, I thought Danny was great on the score. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Really? That's a shame mate. I liked the Beethoven/Bach musical magic battle. Seemed different. For me there are only so many mystical beam rays that can be exchanged between wizards and sorcerers before it starts to get flimsy. That part felt refreshing compared to other stuff I had seen previously. Could definitely see that put out panel to panel. 

Raimi and Elfman have a long history together, so maybe he just wanted to have some fun with his partner. Speaking of which, I thought Danny was great on the score. 

Loved the score. But that scene just felt like emo Peter singing and dancing to me.