Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Im the opposite. Too much multiverse gets convoluted.

Besides all the people banging the table about stakes would have even more to complain about because there is always another version of the same character. 

I felt the movie was building well, but we never got the big moment, that I wanted. Too much fan theorizing for something to tie in with Kang or a no more mutants situation.

32 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I felt the movie was building well, but we never got the big moment, that I wanted. Too much fan theorizing for something to tie in with Kang or a no more mutants situation.

I think you got the set up for your big moment but it was ultra subtle. They kept using the word incursion to mean 2 realities folding in and destroying each other. The Illuminati said their Strange caused one. The Third Eye Strange was living in the aftermath of an incursion. Then, in the mid-credits, Clea says there is a potential incursion they need to stop. If I am a betting man, this sets up for a universe colliding event that gives us a new 616 that includes Mutants and FF. 

Another potential set up moment is when SW demolishes the Darkhold Sanctum. About halfway through there is a flash of red. This could be a lot of things, it could be Wanda surviving. It could be one last spell cast (no, more mutants??). It could be her powers being released to latch onto another candidate Phoenix style (Agatha?). 

• Like 1

I… liked it.

Obvious fan service was gratuitous, but fit the circumstances (and hopefully it’s solidified John Krasinski as Reed Richards - but as we saw with Peter Parker and Loki, multiverse people don’t have to look the same across multiverses). I legit started to giggle when I heard Patrick Stewart’s voice and the X-Men them softly playing in the background, just a great moment that took me back to the cartoons that got me interested to begin with. (Get Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix right, Feige. All will be forgiven if you get those two arcs right).

Parts of the movie had a lack of depth, but I think they did well in the 3rd act with everything (including the music fight - it was different, clever). Wanda was legit terrifying, might be one of the best “villains” we’ve seen in these movies (Thanos notwithstanding, Spiderverse people notwithstanding). 

I was half hoping for a Hugh Jackman or Ryan Reynolds cameo/post credit scene, but even I can admit that would have been TOO gratuitous. I guess this also means that “Tom Cruise as alternate universe Tony Stark” rumor was bogus. Which is good.

*Shrug* I dunno. Either I’m losing steam for these properties or this movie wasn’t that great. Still trying to figure that out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Either I’m losing steam for these properties or this movie wasn’t that great.

Without seeing it, likely mostly former

I bet 80-20

Market saturation is real and after infinity war (and i suppose the inferior endgame) how can they top it

To me, they should have went full horror. Get the director of the VVitch.

I basically will only tune in for james gunn or waitiki directed marvel movies. They have a unique voice in all this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Idk I don't feel like Wanda is dead... It just doesn't seem like it would make sense to bring white vision in and then just kill Wanda off. 

Plus I feel like Elizabeth Olsen's popularity as Wanda is too high for her to be done.

Dont worry

Its like this, but for marvel

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I… liked it.

Obvious fan service was gratuitous, but fit the circumstances (and hopefully it’s solidified John Krasinski as Reed Richards - but as we saw with Peter Parker and Loki, multiverse people don’t have to look the same across multiverses). I legit started to giggle when I heard Patrick Stewart’s voice and the X-Men them softly playing in the background, just a great moment that took me back to the cartoons that got me interested to begin with. (Get Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix right, Feige. All will be forgiven if you get those two arcs right).

Parts of the movie had a lack of depth, but I think they did well in the 3rd act with everything (including the music fight - it was different, clever). Wanda was legit terrifying, might be one of the best “villains” we’ve seen in these movies (Thanos notwithstanding, Spiderverse people notwithstanding). 

I was half hoping for a Hugh Jackman or Ryan Reynolds cameo/post credit scene, but even I can admit that would have been TOO gratuitous. I guess this also means that “Tom Cruise as alternate universe Tony Stark” rumor was bogus. Which is good.

*Shrug* I dunno. Either I’m losing steam for these properties or this movie wasn’t that great. Still trying to figure that out.

When the MCU eventually gets to it, I hope the Dark Phoenix saga is a three film arc...stacked on top of the introductory MCU X-Men film. The Dark Phoenix saga from the source material is just such a slow, long burn that goes from grounded on Earth to cosmic in it's entire scope. History has already shown condensing just some key footnotes down to two hours doesn't work. We have at least two films from prior iterations to say such. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Without seeing it, likely mostly former

I bet 80-20

Market saturation is real and after infinity war (and i suppose the inferior endgame) how can they top it

To me, they should have went full horror. Get the director of the VVitch.

I basically will only tune in for james gunn or waitiki directed marvel movies. They have a unique voice in all this

I say this - but I thoroughly enjoyed Moon Knight. Perhaps I’m tired of the movies in favor of TV shows, that makes sense.

One of the main reasons I liked this movie is because it tied in a lot of the events of What If… and Wandavision, two properties I loved while adding to concepts brought up in Loki, another property I loved.

For me to get reinvested in the next phase of movies, I need to start seeing the flashpoint event taking shape. Thanos and the Infinity War was more or less introduced as the flashpoint event we were building to in The Avengers - Phase 1, movie 5, I think. We’re several movies in following that event, and I still don’t know what we’re building towards. I need that clarity to find myself reinvested in the future of the MCU.

Or, just fully transition to TV shows.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

When the MCU eventually gets to it, I hope the Dark Phoenix saga is a three film arc...stacked on top of the introductory MCU X-Men film. The Dark Phoenix saga from the source material is just such a slow, long burn that goes from grounded on Earth to cosmic in it's entire scope. History has already shown condensing just some key footnotes down to two hours doesn't work. We have at least two films from prior iterations to say such. 

I’d echo the same thing for Apocalypse. 3-5 movies building up to him, told through the eyes of his Four Horsemen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:
8 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I’d echo the same thing for Apocalypse. 3-5 movies building up to him, told through the eyes of his Four Horsemen.

And while I’m at it, can I FINALLY get Mr. Sinister?

• Like 3