Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

On 5/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Would have liked to see Mephisto or someone bigger.  Tease/reveal Kang. Something like that.

They did show The Living Tribunal for a second during that reality hopping sequence.

I thought for sure we were going to get a Mephisto reference or something when those 'spirits of the damned' showed up. If Raime stays in MCU land for future projects, I really hope it involves Mephisto and Mephisto's Realm, which would be right up his alley. Let him go wild with it.

Watched it last night. I’ll read through this thread later but I wanted to throw out my thoughts. 

movie was good and bad. I walked away with mixed feelings. 

I thought America was the intro of Ms Marvel. I didn’t realize they were different people. 

scarlet witch with her smoky eye make up was a dead ringer for Vera Farmiga look alike. 

it was nice to see the cameos. I wasn’t feeling John as Reed. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, minutemancl said:

I hope Krasinski is a one off. I cannot buy him as Mr Fantastic. 

Good. Glad I am not the only one.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, minutemancl said:

My dream casting is Glenn Howerton as Mr Fantastic. He would play him perfectly. 

Eh... I'm, a big fan of him, but as him? I dunno.

I thought Krasiniski was fine as Mr Fantastic, he only had 2-3 lines and then gets eviscerated by Wanda.  I was never huge on the fan casting hype he and Blunt got either, but I also think he could do the role just fine as well.  After Hugh Jackman hit a home run as Wolverine, i've never been too hung up on casting since.

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Good. Glad I am not the only one.

Eh... I'm, a big fan of him, but as him? I dunno.

Mr Fantastic is a mad scientist who just happens to be a 'good guy'. He's the smartest man in the universe and he knows it. He can be condescending and dismissive, and those traits need to come through. While Reed is a good guy, he's also an ahole. There's no way I could buy John Krasinski playing a character like that, but Glenn would kill it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Mr Fantastic is a mad scientist who just happens to be a 'good guy'. He's the smartest man in the universe and he knows it. He can be condescending and dismissive, and those traits need to come through. While Reed is a good guy, he's also an ahole. There's no way I could buy John Krasinski playing a character like that, but Glenn would kill it.

To build off this a bit, our Mr Fantastic is only tethered to the good side by his family. It is Marvel canon that most multiverse versions of him are evil, with one of them being the supervillain Maker. Reed Richards is a few unfortunate events away from turning heel. He's a genius early season Dennis Reynolds.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Yeah it’s the trait that seems the most glossed over. Think him being that way also let’s Sue shine the way she should. Like she’s the heart of that team, she’s the one that keeps things together. It explains why their marriage sometimes gets rocky.

Blunt could do it but I think there are better options. The idea of the two of them as  Reed & Sue was never favorite option to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

To build off this a bit, our Mr Fantastic is only tethered to the good side by his family. It is Marvel canon that most multiverse versions of him are evil, with one of them being the supervillain Maker. Reed Richards is a few unfortunate events away from turning heel. He's a genius early season Dennis Reynolds.

Which can play really well with his relationship with Doom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Which can play really well with his relationship with Doom.

Yup. They are very similar people.

They have to be building towards Secret Wars, right? I know Kang is supposed to be the next big bad, but I feel like that saga won't end with a battle against Kang like it did with Thanos in the Infinity Saga. It needs to end with 2015's Secret Wars. Dr Doom vs Reed Richards.

https://comicnewbies.com/2016/01/15/mister-fantastic-vs-doctor-doom-secret-wars/

My favorite Doom/Richards fight/dialogue ever. It is so, so good. Such a good microcosm of their relationship.

As much as I am opposed to Krasinski as Reed and as much as I'd love Howerton as Reed, I don't think any of it matters if they don't nail the Dr Doom casting. He's the best, most interesting villain in the MCU. He's never been done correctly, but he needs to be.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

https://comicnewbies.com/2016/01/15/mister-fantastic-vs-doctor-doom-secret-wars/

My favorite Doom/Richards fight/dialogue ever. It is so, so good. Such a good microcosm of their relationship.

As much as I am opposed to Krasinski as Reed and as much as I'd love Howerton as Reed, I don't think any of it matters if they don't nail the Dr Doom casting. He's the best, most interesting villain in the MCU. He's never been done correctly, but he needs to be.

That was sick. Would never happen but personally shipping MCU going all out for Leo as Doom. More realistically Dan Stevens or Javier Bardem could both be great.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So who could we also cast? I see a guy like Timothy Olyphant maybe then 

Olyphant is my choice for Nova personally. He’s a perfect fit for how I think they need to do that movie. Would be familiar territory for him but he’s great at that kinda character.

I’d have to think about who I’d want more, I’m very open to whoever as long as they are a good fit.

The age range matters a lot. I’m guessing they go Reed early to mid 40s. Making Ben and Doom also that age. Sue mid 30s and Johnny in his mid 20s. Which is a good age to be a little older than Peter when they meet…I have to think their friendship will be part of Peter’s next trilogy.

For Sue I’ve liked Ana de Armas. There are so many good female roles coming up. I’d like to see Victoria Pedretti get one… though I’d like her for Jean Grey more.

It’s tough, because the more d!ickish you think an actor could play it, the closer to Doom they get. Like looking at fancasting… yeah Dan Stevens could do it but he’d maybe be better for a fully realized Doom. Who should get beyond the Thanos treatment, like Doom should be the first antagonist/villain character that gets his own movie. He’s that good and that layered.  He will always have a connection to the Fantastic 4 but he’s so much more.

• Like 2

For Sue I’ve liked Ana de Armas. There are so many good female roles coming up. I’d like to see Victoria Pedretti get one… though I’d like her for Jean Grey more.

Say no more. 

It’s tough, because the more d!ickish you think an actor could play it, the closer to Doom they get. Like looking at fancasting… yeah Dan Stevens could do it but he’d maybe be better for a fully realized Doom. Who should get beyond the Thanos treatment, like Doom should be the first antagonist/villain character that gets his own movie. He’s that good and that layered.  He will always have a connection to the Fantastic 4 but he’s so much more.

I see your points. I was spending 60 seconds trying to come up with someone and TO was the first that popped into my head. I don't know a lot about NOVA outside of the GotG game, so I will look into that. 

I think my main point is ... I'd probably be fine if they didn't move forward with John K as RR. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I see your points. I was spending 60 seconds trying to come up with someone and TO was the first that popped into my head. I don't know a lot about NOVA outside of the GotG game, so I will look into that. 

I think my main point is ... I'd probably be fine if they didn't move forward with John K as RR. 

Can’t say I’ve even read much Nova, but just in terms of what would be cool and fit in this universe….

Story idea I’ve had for Nova is he’s essentially a Marshall that is operating on his own since Thanos decimated the Nova Corp to get the power stone. Bringing in bad guys to one of their many Prisons by himself. You have him take in someone big in the cosmic side, but they are being hunted down. Meanwhile Sam Alexander (the kid version of the character) gets thrown in by stealing the helmet on earth from his dad (say he deserted awhile ago). Which essentially takes him out into Space. And boom you got a tried and true Grizzled vet who finds themselves again thanks to a younger innocent kid coming into their life story.

a quicker elevator pitch is 3:10 to Yuma in space. 

Can set up way more on the cosmic side, including hints at Galactus, perhaps setup an Annihilation inspired story…which could be a good way to go out there post GOTG3 with that being a lot of their last ones.

• Like 1