Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

Great listen to understand how these teams that are good constantly can keep great players AND stay under the cap. Owners that have cash can always stay under the cap.

So if we're building this team the right way and these picks we've made the last couple years all pan out... there's no reason we cant sign everyone. The Johnson's have money.

But if you watch the video.... they're might be a change in this system. Because small market teams don't have the cash to do these things. 

• 4 weeks later...

Attached is an article about why WR's are getting paid. What I found interesting is the discussion on how defenses are trying to take away the high octane passing game.  If you read the article, it aligns with what JD and Saleh are trying to build on D.  PR's that can win matchups even when rushing less than 5 and DB's / LB's that can blanket the field limiting passing lanes.  I suspect that is why we drafted Nas and Sherwood and got two new starting CB's this year.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/7/5/23192098/nfl-wide-receiver-bubble-terry-mclaurin-commanders-defenses

On 7/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, xrade said:

Attached is an article about why WR's are getting paid. What I found interesting is the discussion on how defenses are trying to take away the high octane passing game.  If you read the article, it aligns with what JD and Saleh are trying to build on D.  PR's that can win matchups even when rushing less than 5 and DB's / LB's that can blanket the field limiting passing lanes.  I suspect that is why we drafted Nas and Sherwood and got two new starting CB's this year.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/7/5/23192098/nfl-wide-receiver-bubble-terry-mclaurin-commanders-defenses

Bottom line is you need those great CB to cover. I think this is the direction. JD got his man in Gardner. I think he is going to be the new generation of tall skinny CB that can run fast. These guys are going to tower over these 6' 1" and below WR. I think you want like 3 to 4 of these guys on the field at all times. 

I just randomly thought about the time on the old page when someone made a thread asking who would you pick to defend you in a bar fight and someone picked Leon Washington because he could " jump on his back and lead him to safety." lmao 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I guess we can update this. 

Saleh attitude is starting to get a little spicy now. lol Week 1 and he's talking about keeping receipts on everyone doubting us. He better back this up. I'm giving week 1 a pass because of injuries at OT and it was against a team I think highly of. Fant wasn't given time to adjust to LT again. If we lose against the Browns, that's on him. 

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Saleh attitude is starting to get a little spicy now. lol Week 1 and he's talking about keeping receipts on everyone doubting us. He better back this up. I'm giving week 1 a pass because of injuries at OT and it was against a team I think highly of. Fant wasn't given time to adjust to LT again. If we lose against the Browns, that's on him. 

Did he really say that?  He's gotta stop talking.

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

if you think about it, besides QB and TE, is there a position baltimore is better than Cleveland?

35 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

if you think about it, besides QB and TE, is there a position baltimore is better than Cleveland?

Have to jump in on this.

Having a QB is everything in this league and when BAL has one of the best ones and CLE has one of the worst ones right now. That's a HUGE difference. So to belittle that kinda gets rid of that whole stance you're taking.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Have to jump in on this.

Having a QB is everything in this league and when BAL has one of the best ones and CLE has one of the worst ones right now. That's a HUGE difference. So to belittle that kinda gets rid of that whole stance you're taking.

Having a QB is not everything week to week in this league, as much as everyone thinks it is.  Check out week 1..  Is Gino Smith better than Russell Wilson ?   Is Mitch Trubisky better than Joe Burrow?  Is Daniel Jones better than Ryan Tannehill?  Is Kirk Cousins better than Aaron Rodgers?  

If you think Flacco couldn't move the ball against a meh pass rush in baltimore with a banged up secondary already.  Imagine what he'll do against Myles Garrett  lining up against Max Mitchell.  

22 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Having a QB is not everything week to week in this league, as much as everyone thinks it is.  Check out week 1..  Is Gino Smith better than Russell Wilson ?   Is Mitch Trubisky better than Joe Burrow?  Is Daniel Jones better than Ryan Tannehill?  Is Kirk Cousins better than Aaron Rodgers?  

If you think Flacco couldn't move the ball against a meh pass rush in baltimore with a banged up secondary already.  Imagine what he'll do against Myles Garrett  lining up against Max Mitchell.  

It is everything in this league. Can you on a consistent basis win without one? NO. Can any team win any Sunday? 100%. You're cherry picking examples and not telling the whole story. Geno had an incredible game yesterday. Is Geno incredible? No, but he played incredible for yesterdays game. If you think that's the QB he'll be the whole season, good luck with that. You think Burrow is going to throw 4 INTs, get sacked 7 times and fumble once every game good luck with that. I've never rated Tannehill high so him vs Jones is about equal IMO. And Cousins out dueled Rodgers bc what's around him. Cousins has a great group of weapons to throw to (you could argue the best WR in the NFL) when Rodgers has no one. And Cousins is actually a vey good QB, so not sure where you're going with that one.