Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

On 1/8/2023 at 5:15 PM, Jag68Sid87 said:

Douglas and Saleh are solid.

First of all they picked Wilson, you cannot believe in them and not believe in what they saw in him. Two Saleh is far from solid, I was listening to a radio show and they asked what does he do well and no one could really find something he excels at as a coach. 

Not game planning, we start slow so the whole motivation thing is irrelevant

Not adjusting, we're a predictable team

Not accountability, only guy he benched was Zach and I think that was more media and fan pressure than anything

So what is solid about him exactly? Oh he makes slogans and t shirts. 

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I don’t take PFF for gospel but:

Sauce #1 CB, Stingley bottom 7

Fant bottom ranked tackle

Mann top 5 punter ;)

Our boy, one of my favorites, Demario Davis aka CJ Mosley wishes he was him, top 5 LB

Tevin Jenkins top 2 OG

Zach dead last QB

Christian Harris and Troy Andersen bottom LBs

Q is behind Jones, Donald and Lawrence. 

PFF became a joke when they charged Gardner with a touchdown and then he said it wasn't on him (blaming his teammate) so they changed his grade then Saleh in a press conference said the touchdown in fact was on Gardner. 

They make it up as they go along. 

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

First of all they picked Wilson, you cannot believe in them and not believe in what they saw in him. Two Saleh is far from solid, I was listening to a radio show and they asked what does he do well and no one could really find something he excels at as a coach. 

Not game planning, we start slow so the whole motivation thing is irrelevant

Not adjusting, we're a predictable team

Not accountability, only guy he benched was Zach and I think that was more media and fan pressure than anything

So what is solid about him exactly? Oh he makes slogans and t shirts. 

We just had one of greatest single season defensive turnarounds in NFL history, no one can think of one thing our defensive minded HC excels at?

Since when is accountability measured by the number of players benched? Not to mention, you forgot Moore, Flacco, Fant, Mitchell, MC.. Lawrence Cager was cut after one bad game. Who else should’ve been benched? 

Game management was a glaring weakness. Entrusting Lafleur to run the offensive without an experienced staff he also 100% deserves blame for.

7 hours ago, NJC33 said:

We just had one of greatest single season defensive turnarounds in NFL history, no one can think of one thing our defensive minded HC excels at?

Since when is accountability measured by the number of players benched? Not to mention, you forgot Moore, Flacco, Fant, Mitchell, MC.. Lawrence Cager was cut after one bad game. Who else should’ve been benched? 

Game management was a glaring weakness. Entrusting Lafleur to run the offensive without an experienced staff he also 100% deserves blame for.

Flacco was never a starter, Fant wasn’t healthy, Mitchell had blood cots, Moore had 1 game(fine)

Hes the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. He provided an awful structure to develop our Quarterback and let the fans and media dictate his decisions. He also costed us multiple games this season. 

Well we got another 8-9 team going to the playoffs. While a 9-8 team sits home; If the NFL went to 4 eight team division that crap of a losing team going to the playoffs won't happen. Nothing else would change same playoff format. Like I said weeks ago addling those two more teams to the playoffs sucks. And Rodger Goodell rigging the schedule where all the last place teams play each other. And if you don't believe it look at the Giants schedule this pass year.

The 2022 Jets have some eerie similarities to the 2014 Browns.

Both seasons were the 12th year in a row that the team missed the playoffs.

Both were at one point 7-4, but then lost their remaining games to finish last.

Edited by pf9

21 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Well we got another 8-9 team going to the playoffs. While a 9-8 team sits home; If the NFL went to 4 eight team division that crap of a losing team going to the playoffs won't happen. Nothing else would change same playoff format. Like I said weeks ago addling those two more teams to the playoffs sucks. And Rodger Goodell rigging the schedule where all the last place teams play each other. And if you don't believe it look at the Giants schedule this pass year.

I like the idea of the added teams. This gives you more of the underdog situation. Who cares if they are 1 game under 500. Teams change so much from week 1 to even week 18. You want the best team to be in playing. Your telling me you would not want to see the Lions in the playoffs? That is a great underdog story. 

25 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I like the idea of the added teams. This gives you more of the underdog situation. Who cares if they are 1 game under 500. Teams change so much from week 1 to even week 18. You want the best team to be in playing. Your telling me you would not want to see the Lions in the playoffs? That is a great underdog story. 

I care if 13-4 team plays a 8-9 team they have to play a one and done, Why go thru a tough 17 game schedule to get in position for the playoffs when a 8-9 team dogs it all season and gets into playoffs that is flat  out BS. All this doing is taking away the value of having a good record. If this was up to Roger Goodell he would have a 32 team playoffs Its all about money with Goodell.

41 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I care if 13-4 team plays a 8-9 team they have to play a one and done, Why go thru a tough 17 game schedule to get in position for the playoffs when a 8-9 team dogs it all season and gets into playoffs that is flat  out BS. All this doing is taking away the value of having a good record. If this was up to Roger Goodell he would have a 32 team playoffs Its all about money with Goodell.

I don't know how long you have been watching the NFL but the fans and the NFL are tired of the same teams in the playoffs year after yaer. You always have your basic 5 teams in each AFC and NFC. 

I think you sign Lamar for two 1st round picks after he inevitably gets franchised. But they have to trade down a bit first. Maybe wait until the draft to pull the trigger if that's possible. Ravens probably resign him, but you never know. Trading for him would be just as expensive if not more anyway.

JimmyG and David Carr are washed up. Maybe sign those guys if you plan on drafting another guy high. I was not aware of the guaranteed money owed to Wilson though... what is his cap hit? It makes no sense to move him if he has a high cap hit next year.