Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah we’re in purgatory. Paying Carr or Jimmy G $30M+ ain’t it, handing Zach the job ain’t it. Gotta get a vet, make them two compete, get a new OC/QBC. Get the OL healthy, figure it out after that. The biggest misconception with this team is people thinking we’re a QB away. 

If we had Jimmy G or Carr all season we likely make the playoffs. That says to me we are a QB away. Does that mean we make the SB, no, of course not, but we'd have a shot. Right now, we have 0.

2 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If we had Jimmy G or Carr all season we likely make the playoffs. That says to me we are a QB away. Does that mean we make the SB, no, of course not, but we'd have a shot. Right now, we have 0.

Carr got benched and was mediocre, Jimmy got hurt(again). There’s no guarantee they do better or worse. Our offense has been inconsistent on all levels for 2 years under MLF.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Carr got benched and was mediocre, Jimmy got hurt(again). There’s no guarantee they do better or worse. Our offense has been inconsistent on all levels for 2 years under MLF.

That's because we've been starting Zach, Flacco, and MW for two years. I'm not attached to MLF but none of our QBs are NFL starters as it stands. I think with mediocre QB play, MLF isn't in the hot seat.

• Like 1

Sell the house for Stroud. I really mean it. Teams picking 2-4 are likely not going QB. Indy-Detroit-Vegas-Atlanta-Carolina picking 5-9 is a tough stretch to overcome with all those teams ahead of us.

Do we have the ammo to move up from what will likely be the 12-14 range though?

16 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Sell the house for Stroud. I really mean it. Teams picking 2-4 are likely not going QB. Indy-Detroit-Vegas-Atlanta-Carolina picking 5-9 is a tough stretch to overcome with all those teams ahead of us.

Do we have the ammo to move up from what will likely be the 12-14 range though?

I wouldnt hate it, but would rather trade down significantly and try and get Caleb Williams the next year. That being said, after we lose to Miami and we will, we will be in striking distance. Look for the Bears to be trade partners. 

Personally, IDC about the age or injuries, I would rather trade down, grab BPA of OT/S/LB and collect another 2 or 3 and take Hendon Hooker when he falls to day 2. Yeah he'll be 25, but he is very talented, athletic and if you watch interviews with him, he is every bit of a leader you want. I actually like that hes a bit older. He is a mature player who can likely come in and sit if we want or at least manage the offense and add athleticism to the position. 

Just now, ekill08x said:

I wouldnt hate it, but would rather trade down significantly and try and get Caleb Williams the next year. That being said, after we lose to Miami and we will, we will be in striking distance. Look for the Bears to be trade partners. 

Personally, IDC about the age or injuries, I would rather trade down, grab BPA of OT/S/LB and collect another 2 or 3 and take Hendon Hooker when he falls to day 2. Yeah he'll be 25, but he is very talented, athletic and if you watch interviews with him, he is every bit of a leader you want. I actually like that hes a bit older. He is a mature player who can likely come in and sit if we want or at least manage the offense and add athleticism to the position. 

Unless someone huge falls we need to trade down and let JD replace his FA busts. Age doesn’t matter if we get 5-10 good years of a QB. If anything it’s better than taking a raw 21 year old and handing them the job. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Unless someone huge falls we need to trade down and let JD replace his FA busts. Age doesn’t matter if we get 5-10 good years of a QB. If anything it’s better than taking a raw 21 year old and handing them the job. 

Exactly how I feel. I hope he looks to make trades to get anything we can for guys like Lawson or Corey Davis. If the Chiefs cant make the money work with Orlando Brown Jr. I would be all over that. Would allow us to fix other areas and let Becton have to beat out Mitchell for RT. Cut Tomlinson June 1st and that is most of the money to Brown. JD has to be looking to add and subtract all winter. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Exactly how I feel. I hope he looks to make trades to get anything we can for guys like Lawson or Corey Davis. If the Chiefs cant make the money work with Orlando Brown Jr. I would be all over that. Would allow us to fix other areas and let Becton have to beat out Mitchell for RT. Cut Tomlinson June 1st and that is most of the money to Brown. JD has to be looking to add and subtract all winter. 

If we subtract injuries….

Becton, AVT, Sauce, Hall, JJ/Clemons (limited), Moore, Garrett have all stepped in and immediately contributed. Becton without his injuries was actually a Pro Bowl caliber player. AVT, Sauce, Hall and GW all have All Pro potential. Let’s get a bunch of 2nd-3rd rounders to fill out our roster.

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we subtract injuries….

Becton, AVT, Sauce, Hall, JJ/Clemons (limited), Moore, Garrett have all stepped in and immediately contributed. Becton without his injuries was actually a Pro Bowl caliber player. AVT, Sauce, Hall and GW all have All Pro potential. Let’s get a bunch of 2nd-3rd rounders to fill out our roster.

100%. I know Becton said he didnt care RT or LT in camp but even today he tweeted "LT1". Yeah we wish but its too risky to pencil him in there as a starter. I like him much better at RT where if god forbid our LT1 gets hurt he can move over and we have a swing who can slide into RT. Really love the idea of day 2 picks.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

That's because we've been starting Zach, Flacco, and MW for two years. I'm not attached to MLF but none of our QBs are NFL starters as it stands. I think with mediocre QB play, MLF isn't in the hot seat.

The thing is we don’t know if it’s MLF or the Quarterbacks. 10 years ago we’d say Geno sucked, today well. That’s the worst part, we really don’t know why the offense stalled so much. I do think we can all agree that coaching has fell short though and the players haven’t played their best. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The thing is we don’t know if it’s MLF or the Quarterbacks. 10 years ago we’d say Geno sucked, today well. That’s the worst part, we really don’t know why the offense stalled so much. I do think we can all agree that coaching has fell short though and the players haven’t played their best. 

Saw a graphic today that had GW as a top 5 WR at getting open on single coverage.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Okay how about it is either OL or MLF? lol.

Really,  it is all 3 that are major issues for offense.  OC, QB and OL.

I’ve been very vocal about how much MLF kills any flow on offense. The OL has been garbage the past 6 weeks but played well enough to win half of those games. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Saw a graphic today that had GW as a top 5 WR at getting open on single coverage.

He’s one guy. We need all 11. It’s like saying because AVT was playing at an All-Pro level the OL isn’t an issue. I’m not entirely blaming MLF but he’s gotta be better.