Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Joe Douglas picked him because he played the similar offense as Jets' new offense.   Greg Knapp could help him develop into a solid qb.  After his passing, everything fell apart and Wilson has zero understanding of how to play at next level in similar offense.

I can't hide his terrible skill but without a legit qb coach, he is stuck.  

I get that, but that makes the decision to throw him out there without competition or time to adapt worse. Should have sat him down let the other QBs run the offense until it was time for Wilson to start. Give him time to mentally adapt and learn how to read defenses. Figure out how to fill the gap Knapp left. 

That's on coaching. I'm not blaming 100% of this on Wilson. He's a 1 hit wonder from BYU and for some reason we thought we can just throw him out there without even seeing a vet QB lead a locker room first. I'm not even speaking on this as a Wilson fan, I wanted Fields but the development of Wilson could have been handled a lot better. We made sure the talent around him was ready, but we didn't do everything we could to make sure HE was ready. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I get that, but that makes the decision to throw him out there without competition or time to adapt worse. Should have sat him down let the other QBs run the offense until it was time for Wilson to start. Give him time to mentally adapt and learn how to read defenses. Figure out how to fill the gap Knapp left. 

That's on coaching. I'm not blaming 100% of this on Wilson. He's a 1 hit wonder from BYU and for some reason we thought we can just throw him out there without even seeing a vet QB lead a locker room first. I'm not even speaking on this as a Wilson fan, I wanted Fields but the development of Wilson could have been handled a lot better. We made sure the talent around him was ready, but we didn't do everything we could to make sure HE was ready. 

JD signed Josh Johnson. lol. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

You're not getting me. It's cool though. I'm done with this topic. 

You are not getting it.    JD signed Josh Johnson and traded Sam Darnold away prior to the draft where Jets drafted Wilson.  Went into the training camp with JJ and Wilson. Everything suggested Jets had planned to start Wilson in week 1.   Don't blame Saleh and his coaching staff for throwing him into wolves.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Ah.. I didn't realize that Rich Scangarello was let go by Kentucky.  Jets should hire him as qb coach. It has nothing to do with a potential 1st round target in Will Levis.  Scangarello is a seasoned veteran that knows the shanahan system really well. Saleh needs that.

I don't think anyone would mind a more seasoned offensive based coach (whether an assistant OC or QB coach) to help out. I agree that almost seems like a must at this point. Certain areas (red zone, adaptability in general when first plan is not working) have not improved all season. 

I don't believe any coach (OC, DC, HC) will be fired though unless we get absolutely embarrassed in both games. They made the base goal in playing meaningful games and can always fall on offensive line injury excuse and Zach being uncoachable bad etc Next year will be key. May even be a playoff or bust year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

It’s been more than Zach though. He has been woeful and I have been a big Mike White supporter so it’s not like I’m just trying to make excuses but the team in general has been bad. We need to get our head right for Sunday because there’s no more chances now.  

The D has not appeared as dominant even though they are keeping opponent offensive TD’s down. As I posted earlier, with MFW back there they will show more life. I really do think they are a bit unmotivated when Zach is at QB. I can’t blame them. 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

The D has not appeared as dominant even though they are keeping opponent offensive TD’s down. As I posted earlier, with MFW back there they will show more life. I really do think they are a bit unmotivated when Zach is at QB. I can’t blame them. 

Exactly mate I get it. Even I felt as a fan more defeatist knowing Zach was starting. Can only imagine how the team felt. 

Funny thing about all this Mike White talk, Saleh used his fingers to say if a player is so much better than another (pinching his fingers together) that is the player that will start. In spite of who's getting paid any hypothetical money.

So Zac is the starter, gets hurt, misses 3 games, MW is riding the bench, Zac isn't having any kind of good year but the Jets go on a 5 game winning streak.

Zac screws up at N.E. (both games) doesn't take accountability, gets pulled, not only benched but demoted and in street clothing. White comes in against the worse team in football and throws for 300 yards and a few TD's.

Continues to throw for hundreds of yards against teams they should have beaten, who's defenses were supposed to be weak. Yet the Jets lose 2 in a row MW gets hurt doesn't throw a TD in those 2 games throws an averaged 55 times a game. 

The OL stinks out over those 2 games, the running game is no more, Zac has to come in plays terribly the OL plays terribly and now Zac is in street clothes again and grounded for the rest of the year.

But hold on MW to the rescue against a Swiss cheese defense, (where have I heard that before) a team we should beat. Hey didn't I hear that the end of the schedule is the easiest?

MW is not the answer for the Jets, not now, not tomorrow, not ever. He is a very capable backup nothing more, nothing less. I want the guy to succeed. 

MW will become a FA and the Jets will not sign him to 10 plus contract as a backup, they can draft a backup, they have Strev and as for Zac, he sits and learns or they move on from him.

The Jets QB for 2023 is not on the roster yet, plenty of names are being floated as the next potential QB.

Either way win or lose, this year has to be looked at as a very positive sign of things to come. We are no longer an easy win, we have had a season no one could have predicted. Consider if you will all the adversity losing our game changing RB.

Our OL has been decimated by injuries our all world OL was lost in AVT, Becton was lost before the season even began, Mims and Moore have asked to be traded and we traded for a RB who has been a ghost since he arrived. 

Lastly I believe the coaching staff and Saleh in particular has panicked by listening to the sports writers and may have done more damage to the QB room than can be imagined. 

Coaches are paid to coach and the idea of losing the locker room to a bunch of guys who are getting paid to play is crazy. You play for a paycheck, no matter who the coach is, you lay it on the line or your out of football.

Zac Wilson if he was such a dividing influence should have been benched until he matured, now remember the fingers of being that much better.

Rumor has it that the OC is gone after this year (I'm on board) MLF has been a 2 year disaster, and Zac is a product of all the voices brought in to help him along. Year one 4 different voices trying to right the ship including Beck to a one year contract.

The most penalized team in the NFL.

Regardless of all the issues this team found ways to win, players are going to want to come here, they see something being built with long term implications. 

So win or lose, the Jets are on the right track, if they win the next two, great and if not, the road ahead looks good.

19 minutes ago, Big T said:

Funny thing about all this Mike White talk, Saleh used his fingers to say if a player is so much better than another (pinching his fingers together) that is the player that will start. In spite of who's getting paid any hypothetical money.

So Zac is the starter, gets hurt, misses 3 games, MW is riding the bench, Zac isn't having any kind of good year but the Jets go on a 5 game winning streak.

Zac screws up at N.E. (both games) doesn't take accountability, gets pulled, not only benched but demoted and in street clothing. White comes in against the worse team in football and throws for 300 yards and a few TD's.

Continues to throw for hundreds of yards against teams they should have beaten, who's defenses were supposed to be weak. Yet the Jets lose 2 in a row MW gets hurt doesn't throw a TD in those 2 games throws an averaged 55 times a game. 

The OL stinks out over those 2 games, the running game is no more, Zac has to come in plays terribly the OL plays terribly and now Zac is in street clothes again and grounded for the rest of the year.

But hold on MW to the rescue against a Swiss cheese defense, (where have I heard that before) a team we should beat. Hey didn't I hear that the end of the schedule is the easiest?

MW is not the answer for the Jets, not now, not tomorrow, not ever. He is a very capable backup nothing more, nothing less. I want the guy to succeed. 

MW will become a FA and the Jets will not sign him to 10 plus contract as a backup, they can draft a backup, they have Strev and as for Zac, he sits and learns or they move on from him.

The Jets QB for 2023 is not on the roster yet, plenty of names are being floated as the next potential QB.

Either way win or lose, this year has to be looked at as a very positive sign of things to come. We are no longer an easy win, we have had a season no one could have predicted. Consider if you will all the adversity losing our game changing RB.

Our OL has been decimated by injuries our all world OL was lost in AVT, Becton was lost before the season even began, Mims and Moore have asked to be traded and we traded for a RB who has been a ghost since he arrived. 

Lastly I believe the coaching staff and Saleh in particular has panicked by listening to the sports writers and may have done more damage to the QB room than can be imagined. 

Coaches are paid to coach and the idea of losing the locker room to a bunch of guys who are getting paid to play is crazy. You play for a paycheck, no matter who the coach is, you lay it on the line or your out of football.

Zac Wilson if he was such a dividing influence should have been benched until he matured, now remember the fingers of being that much better.

Rumor has it that the OC is gone after this year (I'm on board) MLF has been a 2 year disaster, and Zac is a product of all the voices brought in to help him along. Year one 4 different voices trying to right the ship including Beck to a one year contract.

The most penalized team in the NFL.

Regardless of all the issues this team found ways to win, players are going to want to come here, they see something being built with long term implications. 

So win or lose, the Jets are on the right track, if they win the next two, great and if not, the road ahead looks good.

It doesn't matter whether Mike White is the answer but he certainly creates some life on the field at the moment. We cling on that.

• Like 1