Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I think the best bet is Buffalo beating New England and us winning out. Chargers might lock the #2 wc spot. 

To give ourself the best chance would it be ideal this week if; 

NE beats Miami

That way going into the final week we know that if we beat Miami then we are in as we’d be 9-8 and they’d be 8-9. If the Patriots did lose to the Bills that would be just a bonus. I’m assuming of the two final spots they will be likely up for grabs between the three other AFCEast teams? 

This talk is all moot if we don’t handle our own business of course. We’ve **** the bed the last month or so and shouldn’t/don’t deserve to be in playoff talk after the losses to Detroit and Jacksonville. But hey ho we are here now. 

3 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

NE beats Miami

That way going into the final week we know that if we beat Miami then we are in as we’d be 9-8 and they’d be 8-9. If the Patriots did lose to the Bills that would be just a bonus. I’m assuming of the two final spots they will be likely up for grabs between the three other AFCEast teams? 

This talk is all moot if we don’t handle our own business of course. We’ve **** the bed the last month or so and shouldn’t/don’t deserve to be in playoff talk after the losses to Detroit and Jacksonville. But hey ho we are here now. 

No we need the Pats to lose. I wold rather have the Pats lose to Miami now so that way the Jets win out they are in. No way Miami can beat pass the Jets in the playoof race unless they finish 1 game above the Jets. Jets play Miami next week and that game could be you win you are in. 

• Like 2

Chiefs and Bills are in the race for number one seed. That won't be finalized until the week 18 is completed.

We can count on Bills to make a full effort to win those 2 games.

This weekend.

Bills vs Bengals SNF..   To knock Bengals out of #1 seed.

Broncos vs Chiefs ... Piece of cake for Chiefs.

Dolphins vs Patriots.. Dolphins beating Patriots is better routine for Jets.  It is pointless if Jets lose.

Week 18  With Jets at 8-8

Patriots vs Bills... Patriots' win or lose won't affect Jets. Bills still eye for bye week.

Chiefs vs Raiders...  Raiders put up good fight but Chiefs have to win this game since both Bills and them play at the same time

Jets vs Dolphins.... Winner gets in.

Dolphins and Jets have to win games this week so Jets only focus on Dolphins in week 18 instead of worrying about help from Bills.

6 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

NE beats Miami

Baltimore and the Chargers will more than likely be the top 2 wild cards. We need to win out and NE to lose one of the next 2 games and we're in. Honestly as long as KC takes care of Denver next week Buffalo will still be playing hard week 18 against NE so I'm not too concerned with that.

if NE beat Miami, then we'll need the Chiefs to stay close to taking home field advantage so Buffalo will have a reason to keep their starters in for the final game against NE. If the Chiefs lose, Buffalo clint #1 and will likely sit their starters against NE. That's the worst outside of us losing. 

NE has to lose at least one, but I'm rooting for them to lose both. Get them completely out of the hunt. That way it can just come down to us and Miami. It's already going to be tough to win at this time of the year. 

The best thing that could happen for this Franchise right now is making the WC and White looking like the 2023 starter. Even if we lose the game, the rest of the league will say " Wait until they get back Hall, AVT, and Becton." That's going to be appealing to free agents and we'll no longer be the " Why would he pick us" team. The standard in the locker room raises. Then having the right offseason will make us contenders next year.  

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

if NE beat Miami, then we'll need the Chiefs to stay close to taking home field advantage so Buffalo will have a reason to keep their starters in for the final game against NE. If the Chiefs lose, Buffalo clint #1 and will likely sit their starters against NE. That's the worst outside of us losing. 

NE has to lose at least one, but I'm rooting for them to lose both. Get them completely out of the hunt. That way it can just come down to us and Miami. It's already going to be tough to win at this time of the year. 

The best thing that could happen for this Franchise right now is making the WC and White looking like the 2023 starter. Even if we lose the game, the rest of the league will say " Wait until they get back Hall, AVT, and Becton." That's going to be appealing to free agents and we'll no longer be the " Why would he pick us" team. The standard in the locker room raises. Then having the right offseason will make us contenders next year.  

I think Patriots lose and Jets win this Sunday, Patriots are out of playoff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

My money is Saleh to start off the domino.

#1: Saleh thought Jets would see Bills in the playoff.

#2: Mum on qb as Joe Douglas made zero effort to bolster qb situation.

#3: Saleh said we didn't think about playoff yet.

If high level coaches are kept then I should expect Jets to dump QB and OL coaches immediately.

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think they have to dig deep into what QB we’re going after. And hire an OC that can call games to that QBs ability.

We need to stop this whole, we run this system and the guys need to alter to it. No alter to your players strengths.

I don't think anyone should be fired, but Saleh's handling of the QB situation is in question though. MLF has flaws, but he doesn't get to decide who the starting QB is. The offense looked better for the most part with 4 other QBs in the last two years. I'm sure he would have rather went with them while Wilson developed on the bench. 

I can type pages about the red carpet roll out day 1 for him and etc, but Wilson was never the best QB on the team. He was just the one Saleh wanted. 

11 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

We’ve **** the bed the last month or so and shouldn’t/don’t deserve to be in playoff talk after the losses to Detroit and Jacksonville. But hey ho we are here now.

Zach **** the bed. If MFW was playing I doubt we lose both games. I like our chances against anyone if MFW plays and the OL can hold up better than the last two games. 

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Zach **** the bed. If MFW was playing I doubt we lose both games. I like our chances against anyone if MFW plays and the OL can hold up better than the last two games. 

It’s been more than Zach though. He has been woeful and I have been a big Mike White supporter so it’s not like I’m just trying to make excuses but the team in general has been bad. We need to get our head right for Sunday because there’s no more chances now.  

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think anyone should be fired, but Saleh's handling of the QB situation is in question though. MLF has flaws, but he doesn't get to decide who the starting QB is. The offense looked better for the most part with 4 other QBs in the last two years. I'm sure he would have rather went with them while Wilson developed on the bench. 

I can type pages about the red carpet roll out day 1 for him and etc, but Wilson was never the best QB on the team. He was just the one Saleh wanted. 

Joe Douglas picked him because he played the similar offense as Jets' new offense.   Greg Knapp could help him develop into a solid qb.  After his passing, everything fell apart and Wilson has zero understanding of how to play at next level in similar offense.

I can't hide his terrible skill but without a legit qb coach, he is stuck.