Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Issue with that is if we resign Herbig and McGovern and move AVT to LG. Brown stays with us and Becton and Mitchell are back healthy. That 1st rounder is a backup. We're a big time improved team from the last few years. But we cant be drafting backups Round 1 still. Wait until Round 2 at least to go OT if that's the case. Go draft a starting FS or a rotational DT that will at least play as a rookie.

Early can also mean Rounds 2-3. No need to grab a first rounder when we can get an impact player on defense OR grab an extra pick. 

23 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Early can also mean Rounds 2-3. No need to grab a first rounder when we can get an impact player on defense OR grab an extra pick. 

Exactly. BPA between OT, S, DT is good with me. Not the best OT class though. We may have to be more active in FA.

Playing around with different scenarios but I think it’s going to be very difficult to get us in the playoffs. 

The other teams around us should have enough to get over the line. If Berrios would have held onto that pass against the Vikings I think we’d be nearly there. 

• Like 1

Perfect scenario would be for Wilson to gain some of his trade value back, lose in the first round, sign a veteran like Daniel Jones or someone half decent, then trade Wilson akin to a Darnold trade. Giants could be takers at that point. I'm not sure what other veterans could be available. Lamar Jackson if they are willing to give up two 1st rounders (not bad if they picking 18-22 next year). But Jones would be better value.

I'm just going to hang my hat on the fact we're playing meaningful games in December. Lions, Seahawks, and Dolphins feel like trap games. If White isn't coming back on time, I don't want to get my hopes up that Wilson learned how to at least do the things White was able to do in 3 weeks. 

It’s not exactly a lose/lose but we have to use a high pick(s) on OL again and there’s also the chance those go to waste if AVT, Becton and Mitchell are healthy. We have to restock some guys on defense with these short contracts. We would have potential for a great OL with depth to boot but not addressing the OL we have the potential for being ravaged by injuries and another bad year. 

But this offense’s identity is clearly running with Breece and Bam. We have to dominate the LOS. The question is are we taking OG, OT? And where is AVT best considering all of our options? 

I still think Mike White is still the best QB on the team, but it's good to see Wilson make some type of progress. Since White isn't playing, we're going to need the defense to keep Jacksonville under 20 for us to win. After seeing what they did to Dallas, it's not going to be easy. 

Good news is that Wilson is going up against defenses that are just as bad as a couple of the defenses White went up against. It's all fair. 

Edited by rickyt31

Can someone pull up advanced stats for the interior OL? 
And are there stats about free rushers? Zach and White can throw with pressure but it’s the free runners that have been drive killers. And Zach’s problem is he starts to feel pressure on the edge then he steps up and the pocket collapses. 

May have to draft a LT to battle Brown and then have Becton, Mitchell fight. Give Tomlinson one more shot and if he sucks slide AVT back to LG and then Herbig gets his job back. 

Right now as it stands the Jets have a 25% chance of making the playoffs. If the Jets win out they will make they playoffs which is a good thing. I said this 2 weeks ago, it will come down to that Jets/Miami game. Who ever wins gets in. The NFL loves the underdog so what is better than White coming in Thursday and beating the Jags. Right now it stats he is a long shot to play but he has a shot. Now these next 3 games are must win games. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Right now as it stands the Jets have a 25% chance of making the playoffs. If the Jets win out they will make they playoffs which is a good thing. I said this 2 weeks ago, it will come down to that Jets/Miami game. Who ever wins gets in. The NFL loves the underdog so what is better than White coming in Thursday and beating the Jags. Right now it stats he is a long shot to play but he has a shot. Now these next 3 games are must win games. 

I think we can beat SEA. So if we can win this Thursday, there's a chance IMO. JAX is hot though and isn't at all an easy game.

I'll be interested to see how soon we announce whos starting for us. Remember White can practice fully. So he can take 1st team snaps these next few days. But he has to get cleared to get hit before we let him do that. We cant take away 1st team snaps from Wilson for just the chance that White might be able to go. So ideally we hear sooner rather than later whos the starter. It did seem that White was close to play. So if he can find 1 doctor that can clear him today. He I imagine is starting. Just if he cant be cleared today where he can practice with the starters Tuesday-Thursday. Then I think even if his ribs are good to get hit. He's the backup.

Q I think will be good to go as well. If he was a true game time decision then a few extra days should clear him.