Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah this coaching staff is weird when it comes to stuff like this. On both sides of the ball.

JJ and Huff should be our starting Edges idk why they trot JFM out at DE when he fits better at DT….Lawson been ok but we have better

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

JJ and Huff should be our starting Edges idk why they trot JFM out at DE when he fits better at DT….Lawson been ok but we have better

Agreed. Lawson needs to be the lesson learned about beat writers over hyping guys in camp. He is a solid player but not worth the money. Just not very impactful. Rather see better pass rushers out there. 

• Like 2

A lot of criticism for Lafleur of late. I get it, his achilles heal, no different from Gase, is that he prioritizes scheme over individual talent. Personally, I think he can be a really good OC and it'd be foolish to let him go. He's great at designing plays (we've had receivers running open all season), and every QB not named Zach Wilson has far exceeded expectations in this offense.

Last season we had the worst defense in the league, and legitimately about 3 good players on the entire roster. We still never lost give games in a row.

When we got to 5-2 this year one of my thoughts was that finally we wouldn't be in the conversation for the worst team in the league this season. Somehow, someway, we are again. Honestly right now Houston would 100% beat us. The Baker-led Rams would beat us. Denver's D would probably be enough to beat us. Derrick Henry would beat us. JJ Watt would probably singlehandedly outscore us. The Colts might be the only coin-flip game at this point.

I hate this franchise and I hate my high school friend for making me a fan.

I was scared to get my hopes up because I knew a Geno revenge game is something that fits what normally happens to them. 

As fans, most of us wanted to play meaningful games in December and we did. I have to give props there because of the mess at QB, OL, and all the injuries. This team was carried by its young guys and that's a good thing for the future. 

* Coach Saleh will be given another chance but he'll have to make some adjustments in his staff. 

* Replace Corey Davis. It's not 100% on him (Because of QBs), but that dude is a no show in a lot of important games. We can use the cap space. Moore hasn't proved to be much, so we still need another WR. 

* I don't care if we trade, sign, or draft a QB, he better be good. 

* Blow up the whole oline but AVT. Anyone else brought back should only be for competition and depth. 

* Defense needs a new NT, LB, and 2 new safeties. JJ and Clemens need more snaps on the edge. 

* Get a new PUNTER

• Like 2

I have more hope right now than in most end of seasons in my 42 years rooting for this team. Why? Because the area where we need help is obvious. The stuff people talk about besides the QB position is also nice to have...a new punter, revitalizing the LB corps, trimming the veteran fat from the roster, etc. Those are things that take this team to yet another level, for sure. 

First things first, we need a new quarterback ROOM. Don't just go after a free agent and hope for the best. Get a veteran, draft a new kid for the future, bring in competition, leave no stone unturned. This QB situation is a complete disaster. There is no denying it. Enough with the hoping and praying. Get a good QB room, please.

The young talent is very encouraging. Where could this team go with a healthy Breece Hall and a solid QB room? That is what I want to see next season. Also:

- Keep the three young WRs. Wilson is obviously the best of the bunch and a huge part of our future success, but do not give up on Mims and Moore imo. Davis and Berrios can go. Keep the untapped potential. 

- Pick a TE, and let the other one go. Ruckert should be ready to serve the No. 2 role (and possibly beyond).

- Our O-line needs better health and better luck, but also more stability and more talent. A new C would be optimum. Max Mitchell and Vera-Tucker should start next season. Not sure if anyone else is a lock at this point.

- The front seven. Quinnen is a franchise-level defender, but we STILL need to be better on the edge. We have only been saying this since when, the Ryan era? Maybe even earlier. I see Huff as a situational pass rusher. Him and Franklin-Myers in a platoon could work. The two young guys need to step up even more next season, Johnson and Clemons. LB will be a priority in free agency and the draft, no doubt. We have talent there, but not enough speed and not enough playmaking ability. We don't need to keep Lawson, a massive disappointment.

- Punter. I don't care who comes in, to be honest.

I would keep the coaching staff if possible. Trade Wilson for anything you can get. Bring back White if it is reasonable. The players seem to like him, which is a factor imo. Bring in a solid guy to lead the QB room and draft a project in round 3 or 4. 

Seven or eight wins is not great, but I honestly never expected to win 4 this season. Yeah, the talent suggests we could be better but the man under center is awful. The sooner everybody in the organization is on board with that conclusion, the better off we will all be.

32 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

- Our O-line needs better health and better luck, but also more stability and more talent. A new C would be optimum. Max Mitchell and Vera-Tucker should start next season. Not sure if anyone else is a lock at this point.

No way in HELL has Max proven he should be penciled in as a starter. He was a below average player that is really a swing until proven otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

OL coach has to be fired after this season.  Keeping this drunken punk? are you out of your mind?  Toss him.

He might be the first one gone, but I'm 50/50 on him. He had a lot of guys he had to insert in the starting line up. 

Worst part about how this season ended was that it was sold to us that the changes were because we wanted to play the guys who gave us the best chance to win but that didn’t happen. It is what it is though, the fan base and media found a scapegoat and the organization folded. There’s a lot that needs to be addressed with this team that hasn’t been said publicly beyond the obvious issues at QB. I’m tired of hearing the coaches say it starts with them and then we come out the very next week looking exactly the same as we did the week prior or worse. 

For three months i have been saying how bad the O line is. It all starts with the O line and we have the worst O line in the NFL. We have one O line player and that is AVT and he had been hurt all year. How are we going to build the O line with the few draft picks we have for 2023. We put the cart before the horse, we brought in all these great offensive players, but we have no one to block for them. I don't even want to talk about the Q position, for 12 years we had four so called franchise QB'S WE DRAFTED and for one reason or another they all failed .

This guy Salah, is no more than a glorified cheerleader get him and his rat pack coaching staff out of town as soon as possible.

During Dave Gettleman's GM period with Giants, he promised to fix OL, find QB and bolster the team with FA acquisitions but none panned out after 4 years.   

After 3 seasons, Joe Douglas couldn't fix OL and QB and got whiffs in FA.  I don't know if 22 draft may save his job but it is NY/NJ attitude that is a dominating factor.   Very curious to learn the fate of JD and his company.