Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

14 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Didn't forget anything..

The bone bruise was part of the initial diagnosis, so again, unless they misjudged the severity, which we were told they didn't.. it doesn't add up. 

4-8 weeks is the "generic" timeline. Andy Dalton missed 1 week with the same injury last season, A.J Brown missed 3 a few years ago. 2-4 weeks, the initial report, is entirely feasible for a bone bruise. This is what we were told from the Jets directly for weeks. 

More than anything, just look to how Saleh and Zach each handled the "updated" timeline. Saleh, specifically referencing getting him 100% mentally, and Zach, again confirming nothing has changed .. as if to say, not sure what's going on here.

Yup I think it is a mental thing and not a physical thing. This might be Zach Wilson last go at it before the fans start to turn on them really fast. You already had calls for White last week before half time. If Wilson steps in and does bad then the calls will get louder for someone else. You put up too many L's and no one cares about the excuses they want wins period. 

I watched some tape on Mitchell against the Ravens.  He looked like a rookie with only 1 week of practice with the ones.  But he also showed a lot of positives that makes me believe he can certainly be our starting RT.  Perhaps not this year when Brown comes back, but absolutely next year.

Some strengths:  quick feet which is perfect in a ZBS.  Moves well laterally and vertically.  Good technique.

Some Weaknesses:  lack of strength - he can be pushed back.  Prone to stunts.  Does not pick up defensive shifts very well especially when the Jets go in motion.  The last two points are due to lack of experience which he will get.

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

I watched some tape on Mitchell against the Ravens.  He looked like a rookie with only 1 week of practice with the ones.  But he also showed a lot of positives that makes me believe he can certainly be our starting RT.  Perhaps not this year when Brown comes back, but absolutely next year.

Some strengths:  quick feet which is perfect in a ZBS.  Moves well laterally and vertically.  Good technique.

Some Weaknesses:  lack of strength - he can be pushed back.  Prone to stunts.  Does not pick up defensive shifts very well especially when the Jets go in motion.  The last two points are due to lack of experience which he will get.

I thought he looked promising as well but we really need to go into next year and look to bring in 2 new OTs. Sign a starter in FA whose not over 30 and draft one maybe on day 2. Go into camp with a solid rookie, second year Mitchell and if you get anything from Becton, great...but now you have legitimate depth. This scenario that's happening now can never happen again, which is why you need 2 additions to that group. Let Fant walk, not because he had one bad week but he isnt a good RT (2020) and is only a middle of the pack LT who isn't a great run blocker. If we go into 2023 and open the season and the line yet again is the biggest take-away from the first few games then we will absolutely be looking at a new regime here yet again and on and on we go like the Browns and Lions before us. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I thought he looked promising as well but we really need to go into next year and look to bring in 2 new OTs. Sign a starter in FA whose not over 30 and draft one maybe on day 2. Go into camp with a solid rookie, second year Mitchell and if you get anything from Becton, great...but now you have legitimate depth. This scenario that's happening now can never happen again, which is why you need 2 additions to that group. Let Fant walk, not because he had one bad week but he isnt a good RT (2020) and is only a middle of the pack LT who isn't a great run blocker. If we go into 2023 and open the season and the line yet again is the biggest take-away from the first few games then we will absolutely be looking at a new regime here yet again and on and on we go like the Browns and Lions before us. 

Agreed.  Although we still have Brown and Becton for next year.  Depending on Brown plays and holds up, I'd still draft OT.  It really depends on what point in the draft.  We're going to need OC also.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:34 AM, xrade said:

And strength can be acquired, and will be acquired in time as A) his body matures, and B) spends more time in an NFL training protocol.

37 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

And strength can be acquired, and will be acquired in time as A) his body matures, and B) spends more time in an NFL training protocol.

Now that I'm opening up my own facility and my friends have tons of NFL players, I will hopefully get exposure and referrals.  Really want to get Ruckert this offseason somehow which will be an easy way to get more Jets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Now that I'm opening up my own facility and my friends have tons of NFL players, I will hopefully get exposure and referrals.  Really want to get Ruckert this offseason somehow which will be an easy way to get more Jets.

What town and what kinda training do you do?

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

What town and what kinda training do you do?

Garden City, I work with mostly parents who want to get back into shape and high school/college athletes/kids.  

I guess you would say strength training but it's whatever the individual needs.  And I rotate the type of training they get unless they are an athlete and we are on a specific schedule.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think I missed this news, but congrats on that! Do you have a social media page just for your gym? You could probably start reaching out to practice squad/try out players and let them catch the attention of the bigger athletes. 

Not going to say Wilson will ever get to this level.... but his game is very similar to that of Jefferson. Elite route running and body control. But even more so that elite ability to find holes in defenses to make himself open. When he can have that perfect communication with Zack when he returns where they just know where the other one will be. I think he becomes a for sure #1 WR. It will take some time. But he's a rookie and will only get more and more action as the year goes on. 

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I think I missed this news, but congrats on that! Do you have a social media page just for your gym? You could probably start reaching out to practice squad/try out players and let them catch the attention of the bigger athletes. 

I have a page for my business. Haven’t decided if I want a separate one for my gym yet, I may wait until the new year once I’m fully up and running and settled in. When I start hiring people it will be good to have to showcase everything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Congrats! I hope it works out well for you.