49ers Schedule Release 22 - Bye Week is Week NINE

N4L

EDIT#1- it appears that the niners play a home game against a very physical team (New Orleans) after playing on a Monday in another country. That's surprising and a bit disappointing. 

It was announced this week that the niners will play on MNF on 11/21/22 (week 11) in Mexico City. 

I just realized that because the game is on a Monday, we will absolutely have our bye the following week, which is Thanksgiving weekend. There is just no way the NFL asks the team to travel internationally and then play a game on a short week. 

I was hoping we would have a late bye this year. Our two deep playoff runs have come with early bye weeks and in 2019 we had the benefit of being the #1 seed (by about 6 inches no less) but in 2021 the amount of consecutive weeks of football really came back to bite us, especially because we had so many road games late in the year. 

This is especially important considering only one team gets a bye in each conference, and the fact we play the AFCW and the NFCS, so it's unlikely we will get the #1 seed, which I am ok with but I absolutely want to win the division

This was announced previously but here it is again:

49ers home opponents - KC, LAC, MIA, WSH, NO, TB

49ers road opponents - LVR, DEN, CAR, CHI, ATL 

(Plus divisional games obviously) 

I will update this post above when the official schedule is announced on 5/12 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

If it's true that we will have a bye in week 12, I would be happier with that than our normal early season bye. 

I don't see how they can ask the niners to travel that far on a short week and play a game the following weekend. 

If the game was on a Sunday, it would be a different story. Niners would have to go through customs etc on Monday night and the team may not get back home until like 4/5am on Tuesday. Then to turn around and play a game on Sunday?? No chance. 

I guess it's moderately possible we could have a home game on the Monday night of week 12, but I still think it's extremely unlikely 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

if true

Was just coming to post this. I honestly could not think of a better way to start the season. 

Week 1 vs Darnold 

Week 2 vs Mariota or Ridder 

I think the NFL understands the star power of young QBs. Games with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, etc are big draws 

Our schedule has some tough games. I hope the league understands it would be best to have Trey get off to a strong start so it can sell those games against the AFCW QBs later in the season 

14 hours ago, N4L said:

Was just coming to post this. I honestly could not think of a better way to start the season. 

Week 1 vs Darnold Jimmy

Week 2 vs Mariota or Ridder 

I think the NFL understands the star power of young QBs. Games with Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, etc are big draws 

Our schedule has some tough games. I hope the league understands it would be best to have Trey get off to a strong start so it can sell those games against the AFCW QBs later in the season 

😁

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Hard to beat that start for Trey if true. Can stay on the east, two reasonable road games. 

If true, it seems likely that week 3 would be a home game. Wonder if we start off with a primetime banger like the Chiefs, Chargers, or Bucs?

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Hard to beat that start for Trey if true. Can stay on the east, two reasonable road games. 

Not only that, but remember we have nine home games this year and one of the other road games will be played on a neutral site in Mexico City. Basically, from week 3 on, we will only have five true road games. Can't beat that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Cant wait for the build-up of us facing off against Jimmy and the Panthers in Week 1. It's gonna be epic!

GIF by Tony Awards

Imagine...Just IMAGINE if the Panthers beat us week 1 with Jimmy as the starting QB....It's going to be unbearable lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Imagine...Just IMAGINE if the Panthers beat us week 1 with Jimmy as the starting QB....It's going to be unbearable lol.

With Jimmy as the 49ers starting QB? It could happen. He's sometimes prone to bad games. 

• Like 2