2023 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

A lot of reports of teams saying they have < 15 players with 1st round grades. Bijan should be one of those on most if not all teams. Absolutely we take him at 22.

Running back devaluation exists for a reason, but a good bet (80%) to be a star running back is worth more than a 40% bet to be a solid #2 WR/CB.

I would have to think if we take bijan, one of dobbins or Gus would be traded before the draft ended right? Which of those two would be most likely to be traded?

13 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

I would have to think if we take bijan, one of dobbins or Gus would be traded before the draft ended right? Which of those two would be most likely to be traded?

In that scenario I don't think anyone would be traded, the FO would be comfortable carrying 4 backs given our recent injury luck at the position and Hill's STs value. This RB class has some depth to it too, so it would be hard to get anything of value- even for a talent like JK.

Bijan speculation aside, I think EDC extends Dobbins on a modest multi year deal around mid season.

14 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Conventional logic says Gus, but you'd get a lot more back for JK and I feel like JK in a platoon role is not gonna be happy, especially cuz he'd likely be the #2 to Bijan here, whereas Gus seems pretty content being a #2 platoon guy for pretty cheap considering how effective he is as a change-of-pace back.

For what it's worth Zribiec went with Addison in a mock the Athletic did with their writers. He mentioned all of the cornerbacks projected in that range were gone, but that only meant Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Forbes, Porter Jr., and Banks. I'm guessing he feels or is hearing guys like Cam Smith and Kelee Ringo aren't quite worth it there. Here's the full list of reported visits from walterfootball:

Jordan Addison, Wide Receiver, USC (PRI)
Julius Brents^, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM, PRI)
Ji'Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State (PRI)
Ronnie Brown^, Running Back, Shepherd (PRI, LOC)
Amari Burney, Inside Linebacker, Florida (PRI)
Sean Clifford, Quarterback, Penn State (PRI)
Gervon Dexter, Defensive Tackle, Florida (PRI)
Jaelyn Duncan, Offensive Tackle, Maryland (PRI)
David Durden^, Wide Receiver, Western Carolina (PRI, LOC)
Joey Fisher, Offensive Tackle, Shepherd (PRI)
Zay Flowers, Wide Receiver, Boston College (PRI)
Emmanuel Forbes, Cornerback, Mississippi State (PRI)
Quentin Johnston^, Wide Receiver, TCU (COM, PRI)
Corey Mayfield, Cornerback, Texas-San Antonio (PRI)
DeWayne McBride, Running Back, UAB (PRI)
Jonathan Mingo^, Wide Receiver, Ole Miss (COM, PRI)
Myles Murphy, Defensive End, Clemson (PRI)
Joey Porter Jr., Cornerback, Penn State (PRI)
Anthony Richardson^, Quarterback, Florida (COM, PRI)
Cam Smith, Cornerback, South Carolina (PRI)
Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (PRI)
Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Wide Receiver, Ohio State (PRI)
Tyrique Stevenson, Cornerback, Miami (PRI)
Cory Trice, Cornerback, Purdue (PRI)
Keion White, Defensive End, Georgia Tech (PRI)
Owen Wright, Running Back, Monmouth (NJ) (PRI)
Byron Young, Defensive End, Tennessee (PRI)
Chandler Zavala, Offensive Guard, N.C. State (PRI)

Boy there's a lot of the higher-ranked corners on there. It almost seems like it would be a big surprise if the team doesn't come away with someone on there or D.J. Turner. They probably had no need to waste a visit on him with likely input from Jim Harbaugh and definitely Mike Macdonald. Pretty much the same goes for the local Banks. Then the Ravens met with Ringo at the combine.

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm guessing he feels or is hearing guys like Cam Smith and Kelee Ringo aren't quite worth it there.

Ringo I understand because there are major questions about his ability to play CB(most anticipate a move to Safety), but I don't get why Cam Smith isn't higher on big boards. He's a rock solid early round CB.ย 

I wanted to like Emmanuel Forbes more because of his insane production, but Cam had the much better tape for me. He's super sticky in coverage, physical at the catch point, and has an alpha mentality out there. Smith even crushed the combine, so it just doesn't add up for me.ย 

The comments on this tweet are kind of telling, no one really knows why he's slipping and those who agree can't name the supposed issues that would justify the fall. Weird.

Out of the Big 4(Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Banks, Porter Jr) I think Porter is most likely to fall. He's the least versatile out of all of them, and doesn't have a crazy ceiling. By virtue of the Ravens picking him I would feel more comfortable, they have a pretty strong record at scouting CB, but he's not a player I feel good about.ย 

• Like 1