15: at NYJ

16: at CAR

17: vs CHI

18: at GB

What do you like? 

What do you dislike?

Way too early predictions? 

Edited by Louis Friend

I am generally not the person to look at a schedule and think it is or isn't weak as there is too much parity in the league from one year to the next. I am just glad we are not playing The Bears or Vikings in Thanksgiving. I like the Bills, so that will be a fun one. 

27 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Should point out, Lions are the ONLY team without a primetime game. Houston and Jacksonville got primetime games, but not the Lions. 

Who needs prime time games when you have prime time training camps?

• Like 1

I sure don't like playing GB the last game of the year in GB.

My initial way too early gut reaction prediction is 9-8. I can't believe I'm saying that.

Wins:

Was,Sea,MIA,NYG,Jax,Min,NYJ,Car,Chi

Losses:

Phi, Min, NE, DAL, GB, Chi, Buf, GB

I have them winning 5 out of their last 6. You know, just to keep us pumped for next year.

*I retain the right to change my mind significantly after preseason

So my gut Kool-aid reaction is 9-8. So I figure the reality of it will be 5-12.

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

I sure don't like playing GB the last game of the year in GB.

My initial way too early gut reaction prediction is 9-8. I can't believe I'm saying that.

Wins:

Was,Sea,MIA,NYG,Jax,Min,NYJ,Car,Chi

Losses:

Phi, Min, NE, DAL, GB, Chi, Buf, GB

I have them winning 5 out of their last 6. You know, just to keep us pumped for next year.

*I retain the right to change my mind significantly after preseason

So my gut Kool-aid reaction is 9-8. So I figure the reality of it will be 5-12.

Miami is going to be way better than people realize.  They’ve got the Shannahon running scheme coming in along with a small army of capable and explosive backs now. There WR’s are obviously a nightmare matchup for anyone and leave a ton of room for creativity.  Tua should really thrive in this play action offense.  

10 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Should point out, Lions are the ONLY team without a primetime game. Houston and Jacksonville got primetime games, but not the Lions. 

I don't mind that at all. It doesn't mess up my schedule on Sunday's. We need to prove that we are worthy of even more media attention. Hard Knocks is already a lot of focus for a 3-13-1 team. 

I have the same projection in terms of potential record as @LionArkie except I give Miami the W and expect that we double up on Chicago. 

This could be out to lunch but after looking over the schedules I'm predicting the division as:

1. Green Bay: 12-5
  2. Detroit: 9-8
  3. Minnesota: 7-10
  4. Chicago: 2-15
  • GB: We split with them, they sweep Chicago and Minnesota
  • MIN: We split with them, they sweep Chicago and are swept by Green Bay
  • CHI: They get swept by the division. Get wins over Houston and Atlanta. 

We aren't going to be in contention for the division. We'll be in the talk for the division early on, and for a Wildcard spot for a good chunk of the season. I'm not sure that we get in (mayyyyybe squeeze into the playoffs as the 7th seed). If that is the case (especially if we do make the playoffs) I can see Dan Campbell winning the Coach of the Year award. It would also be a huge set up for 2023 - either the team makes the jump as a legit playoff contender or the air gets let out and we fall back to competing for 2nd or 3rd in the division. 

32 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Miami is going to be way better than people realize.  They’ve got the Shannahon running scheme coming in along with a small army of capable and explosive backs now. There WR’s are obviously a nightmare matchup for anyone and leave a ton of room for creativity.  Tua should really thrive in this play action offense.  

Yeah, I was really on the fence with Miami and several other games. I was a hair away from taking away 4 of those wins. I really want to see how training camp plays out. A lot of this, for me at least,  also depends on the state of Okudah and Onwuzurike. If they come back healthy and contribute, that will be huge. Especially if Okudah can pull it off at CB.
Miami very well could be a dark horse this year, but Detroit could also be one. I think we might be a little young yet, but this squad is much more talented then last years. So if we are healthy, we are going to be in almost every game I think. And if our O line is healthy, then let's just run it down Miami's throat so that offense can't get on the field (one can hope...right?).

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, I was really on the fence with Miami and several other games. I was a hair away from taking away 4 of those wins. I really want to see how training camp plays out. A lot of this, for me at least,  also depends on the state of Okudah and Onwuzurike. If they come back healthy and contribute, that will be huge. Especially if Okudah can pull it off at CB.
Miami very well could be a dark horse this year, but Detroit could also be one. I think we might be a little young yet, but this squad is much more talented then last years. So if we are healthy, we are going to be in almost every game I think. And if our O line is healthy, then let's just run it down Miami's throat so that offense can't get on the field (one can hope...right?).

I don't expect Jameson to either play or be a major contributor for the first few weeks - arguably up until the bye week. If the Lions can win most of those games and come into week 7 (against Dallas) 5-0 or 4-1 (even 3-2) and THEN add Williams into the mix, that would be huge for this team. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A huge opportunity is being missed on Thanksgiving to have Nickelodeon air an alternate telecast of the Bills game with color commentary provided by Jessica DiCicco in-character as Lynn Loud Jr. from the Michigan-set Nicktoon The Loud House.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 9:51 PM, LionArkie said:

That schedule doesn’t look that bad.

I still think Detroit makes the playoffs this season. The NFC is pretty weak so this could be the year to do it.

But, that'll likely mean you have to finish 4-2 in the division at worst.

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I still think Detroit makes the playoffs this season. The NFC is pretty weak so this could be the year to do it.

But, that'll likely mean you have to finish 4-2 in the division at worst.

What are your expectations for Minny this year?