2022 Schedule Released - 7 Solo Games

Broncofan

PRIME TIME / SOLO GAMES

DEN @ SEA week 1 MNF (so easy to predict as a way to get SEA a meaningful prime time game)

SF @ DEN week 3 SNF

IND @ DEN week 5 TNF

DEN @ LAC week 6 MNF

DEN @ JAC week 8 UK Sunday game

KC @ DEN week 14 SNF

DEN @ LAR week 16 Xmas Day

FULL SCHEDULE

Week 1 MNF @ SEA

Week 2 vs HOU

Week 3 vs. SF SNF

Week 4 @ LV

Week 5 vs. IND TNF

Week 6 @LAC MNF

Week 7 vs. NYJ 

Week 8 @ JAX (UK game)

Week 9 BYE

Week 10 @TEN

Week 11 vs. LV

Week 12 @ CAR

Week 13 @ BAL

Week 14 vs KC (SNF)

Week 15 vs. ARI 

Week 16 @ LAR (Christmas Saturday)

Week 17 @ KC 

Week 18 vs. LAC

• Like 2

A few comments:

-7 solo games shows what having a top QB does for the league and it’s schedulers.  No coincidence we have this many games playing alone.

-5 prime time games in the first 8 weeks shows how much they want to showcase Wilson in his new digs.

- DEN @ SEA week 1 was such a natural fit.  SEA projected to be rebuilding so it keeps them relevant by playing early.  And Russ going home easy week 1 drama.  

-In theory we could have played ARI in first 6 weeks and avoided Nuk Hopkins. But I’d much rather play SF early - their OL is very much in transition so that’s a better match to play in September.  And Trey Lance’s first year on the job definitely want to play early.    Much rather play SF early and ARI later.   

-Much like last year a fast start is both expected and needed.  But if you think you’re a true contender you’re winning in weeks 15-18 too.    No problem with tough competition down the stretch.   I want teams to worry about us in Dec / Jan rather than us worrying about who we’re playing.

Won’t lie I’m pumped for Week 1.    Haven’t seen us as a legit contender since 2016 (and 2016 was on faith alone) - until now.   Can’t come soon enough! 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

I like a lot of this schedule. We knew we would get a lot, if not the max, number of prime time games. We also got a ton of those 2:25 afternoon games on CBS. Good exposure and good for fans who live here and HATE morning games.

That said, thinking about the schedule before it was related I wanted 2 things - a soft start and a middle of the season bye. We got both. 

Of the first 5 games, 3 are at home and, only one (vs SF) is against a serious contender. Going to Seattle? Russ won’t lose that. Home vs Houston? Why not just play a college team. At Mac’s Raiders? LOL, Yeah right. The Colts, At home, not worried. Kyle’s Niners coming here? That’ll be tough. It’ll depend on Lance. But that’s the one that worries me. 

At worst, we start 4-1, possibly 5-0.

Going to LAC will be big. And tough. Our first real test in the AFCW but by week 6 this team should have the kinks of new QB and young staff worked out. 

Follow that up with a trip to the Jets? Meh. Not worried, but then at least we’re already on the east coast and can shoot to London, handle the Jags, and come home for the bye. 

That mid season stretch, however, oof. Three east coast trips and 11am games in four weeks. Good news we get Mac’s Raiders - who by week 11 are likely to be self destructing - at home in between. 

Final stretch is even tougher. No long trips but the Chiefs twice, the Chargers again and the defending champs on Christmas? Ouch. The Cardinals could be a dumpster fire or fighting for a playoff spot.

The soft start should help us gel and get some of the hiccups out. The mid season road trips should help build character. The end of the year will show us what we’re made of. 

• Like 2

In my younger days, I hated prime time games because I can't watch them live (1.30am start) so I had to watch them in the morning.

Now, I actually appreciate them. When watching the replay on gamepass, I can watch every play in 45 minutes vs 3 hours+ live. I tend to watch the full broadcast without adverts but that is still a saving of circa 1 hour.

These days, even the later slot games on Sunday kill me, as they finish at around 12.30am. Christ, I am old!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

In my younger days, I hated prime time games because I can't watch them live (1.30am start) so I had to watch them in the morning.

Now, I actually appreciate them. When watching the replay on gamepass, I can watch every play in 45 minutes vs 3 hours+ live. I tend to watch the full broadcast without adverts but that is still a saving of circa 1 hour.

These days, even the later slot games on Sunday kill me, as they finish at around 12.30am. Christ, I am old!

I did read that from next year, the US are scrapping daylight saving time in the winter, so the time difference will only be 4 hours (to Eastern time) after our clocks change in October. Will be quite nice being in bed at 11:30pm most Sundays tbh. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I did read that from next year, the US are scrapping daylight saving time in the winter, so the time difference will only be 4 hours (to Eastern time) after our clocks change in October. Will be quite nice being in bed at 11:30pm most Sundays tbh. 

Eh, I wouldn't count on it. It's been talked about here and has extensive support, but still needs to be voted on by our government.