Fantasy Football 2022 General Discussion

NYRaider

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah thats it.

I dropped Rodgers, and tbh am sorts regretting it. He isnt going to set the world on fire this year but i stil regret it.

Thats tough. I could see the Packers Pats game being pretty low scoring compared to the Eagles, Jags game.

Rodgers should just be a steady 15-18 points every week.

I want to buy into the Lawrence hype but the Eagles are tough.

8 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Yeah I was thinking about it more and Rodgers is the safe, floor play bet, T Law is the ceiling play.

I like Lawrence a lot ROS, especially considering he has matchups against the Texans and Jets in the fantasy playoffs. If he balls this week I'll probably let Rodgers go but Philly has been impressive this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Lawrence a lot ROS, especially considering he has matchups against the Texans and Jets in the fantasy playoffs. If he balls this week I'll probably let Rodgers go but Philly has been impressive this year.

Missed out on my WW bid on him and wish i went higher. Is what it is though.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, tyler735 said:

I feel like this is a flawed take. This is essentially saying that because Penny has had some explosive plays over his 4 seasons in the NFL, he is the more explosive player since we “haven’t” seen Walker do it in the NFL yet.

That would be like saying a couple seasons ago Marlon Mack is more explosive than Jonathan Taylor going into his rookie season. Mack made some explosive plays in his NFL career, but it would be clear to anyone that extensively watched both play in college/NFL that Taylor was clearly more explosive even though he hadn’t done it in the NFL yet.

Penny has had 3 plays of 40+ yards in his 4 year career (over 300 touches). Solid, but hardly spectacular among NFL RB’s. Penny has Penny ran a 4.46 40 coming into the league, which is solid not spectacular. Next Gen tracked him at 20.7 MPH on one of his longer runs in his NFL career. Solid, but not great.

Walker led the nation among RB’s in explosive runs (10+ yards), yards after contact, forced missed tackles, and ran a 4.38 40 time. Walker has been clocked as fast as 21.7 MPH. 

Just watching them both play, the eye test seems to be clear as well and highlights that Walker has better burst, quickness, and top end speed.

Here’s a few clips highlighting his burst and top end speed:

I suppose we will see how they look next to each other soon enough, but I don’t think your take will age well when they are both taking snaps this season.

I think my take has aged pretty well so far. I really wish Walker would get less carries--Penny is clearly the better, and more explosive, player right now.

The Taylor injury is going to hurt. I don't have Hines and he's already rostered. I don't think I was going to play Taylor on thursday night even before I heard it was likely a high ankle sprain. 

Trying to acquire Kamara from another owner and hoping for the best (he's got a great matchup for next week, so nice to have that if he plays) In the short term, I'm replacing Taylor with Mostert, which is not ideal. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Taylor injury is going to hurt. I don't have Hines and he's already rostered. I don't think I was going to play Taylor on thursday night even before I heard it was likely a high ankle sprain. 

Trying to acquire Kamara from another owner and hoping for the best (he's got a great matchup for next week, so nice to have that if he plays) In the short term, I'm replacing Taylor with Mostert, which is not ideal. 

What do you think you could get for Hines in a trade?