2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

5 RBs is different but also remember that they had Carter lined up at TE at times so he’s essentially TE4. Problem is, he struggled to stay healthy last season. Only 5 WRs is kind of surprising but honestly guys like Kinsey, Fitz, etc. have no business on 53 roster right now. I hope the Fitz experiment is over for good. 7 DL seems like overkill but Autry and Walker can play outside at times. DB group looks pretty good to me. Some may not like the safety depth but I like Lonnie Johnson. Was it really better last year with Cruikshank? Cruikshank found his role last year but struggled every year with injuries. Behind him was Farley who was nothing more than a SPT guy. We bring in Lonnie who replaces Cruikshank and Moore who replaces Farley as the SPT guy. And they kept Kalu who can play SPT and has versatility at DB.

23 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Defense looks so good. Great starters with incredible depth pretty much all around.

Outside of ILB, I’d agree. Probably the best depth we’ve had in years. Defense has me really excited and it needs to be clicking on all cylinders especially with this offense likely struggling

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Outside of ILB, I’d agree. Probably the best depth we’ve had in years. Defense has me really excited and it needs to be clicking on all cylinders especially with this offense likely struggling

Pretty much. If the offense even sniffs the top half of the league we should be very scary.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

That 2021 draft class…yikes.

huh? dillon radunz is the only flat-out disappointment at this stage. we have two big TBDs due to injury in farley and weaver (who both have been TC/preseason standouts, for whatever that's worth), and rice and molden have both already proven themselves to be good rotational contributors at the very least.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

huh? dillon radunz is the only flat-out disappointment at this stage. we have two big TBDs due to injury in farley and weaver (who both have been TC/preseason standouts, for whatever that's worth), and rice and molden have both already proven themselves to be good rotational contributors at the very least.

Heading into the second year, there isn’t a single starter in the class. There are two giant injury question marks, two absolutely godawful picks and then some depth guys. When you’re not taking big swings on outside additions, you need to do better than that. Not that it holds a candle to the 2020 class, but you need at least one guaranteed contributor heading into Year 2 right? Like more than a third corner or some defensive depth pieces?

Also, was Farley a standout? I’ve heard nothing but mixed reviews and a clear picture of him getting outplayed by McCreary.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Heading into the second year, there isn’t a single starter in the class. There are two giant injury question marks, two absolutely godawful picks and then some depth guys. When you’re not taking big swings on outside additions, you need to do better than that. Not that it holds a candle to the 2020 class, but you need at least one guaranteed contributor heading into Year 2 right? Like more than a third corner or some defensive depth pieces?

Also, was Farley a standout? I’ve heard nothing but mixed reviews and a clear picture of him getting outplayed by McCreary.

Farley wasn’t a standout very up & down my opinion McCreary should start base & kick inside nickel wit Farley outside 

29 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

not clear to me at all that farley was outplayed by mccreary. farley had a strong week 2 of the preseason and they're both gonna see significant time and be on the field more often than not. in the modern nfl your top 3 CBs are starters.

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Farley wasn’t a standout very up & down my opinion McCreary should start base & kick inside nickel wit Farley outside 

Yep. No surprise that McCreary has taken over that #2 spot. He’s played a lot of football at CB. He’s had the time to be developed. Farley is still a very raw player which is why there’s so much inconsistency. Injuries will slow that down for him. He may never turn into the player he’s projected to be but it’s going to take some time regardless. I found it hilarious people questioning the McCreary pick or taking a CB that high when all we had was Fulton, a raw injury prone player in Farley, and Molden as the projected top 3 before the draft. We needed more top level CBs regardless even if Farley does work out. I’m loving the potential of this secondary though.