The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

I think stroud and young are 1a/1b. Both have different strengths and weaknesses. Then there is a big drop off. Levis actually has a lot of positives and played on a terrible kentucky team, while Richardson has insane athleticism/flashes, but an incredibly low floor.

I wouldn't touch Levis/Richardson until late 1 personally. I'd do a small trade up (2nd round pick or less) for Young/Stroud.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think stroud and young are 1a/1b. Both have different strengths and weaknesses. Then there is a big drop off. Levis actually has a lot of positives and played on a terrible kentucky team, while Richardson has insane athleticism/flashes, but an incredibly low floor.

I wouldn't touch Levis/Richardson until late 1 personally. I'd do a small trade up (2nd round pick or less) for Young/Stroud.

Meh, Stroud seems boring. He needs stud OL and wideouts to be good. Is that really an upgrade ? I’m good 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

call me crazy but I would Draft Richardson over Stroud if both were there at #7

You’re crazy. Richardson is getting a lot of hype right now because pundits are salivating over his big plays. They’re overlooking his poor completion percentage and interceptions. Both of which are major red flags. I know you can’t teach HWS but over the years I can count on a shop teachers hand how many HWS guys were coached out of their bad habits. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

You’re crazy. Richardson is getting a lot of hype right now because pundits are salivating over his big plays. They’re overlooking his poor completion percentage and interceptions. Both of which are major red flags. I know you can’t teach HWS but over the years I can count on a shop teachers hand how many HWS guys were coached out of their bad habits. 

look how Richardson finished his sophomore season: 12-2 TD-INT ratio. he was getting better, I can't wait to get proven right again. Richardson is just touching his potential as a 21 year old. People want lower ceiling guys because they were good in college. SMH

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Dak fell into a team built for a Superbowl and had to just not royally screw up. 

I don't know that Dak fares nearly as well without that roster around him. 

The Cowboys were 4-12 with the 31st ranked offense in the league the year before they drafted him.

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

look how Richardson finished his sophomore season: 12-2 TD-INT ratio. he was getting better, I can't wait to get proven right again. Richardson is just touching his potential as a 21 year old. People want lower ceiling guys because they were good in college. SMH

He also completed 52% of his passes over the last six games. Florida was 5-0 in games that Richardson had under 25 pass attempts and 1-6 in games that he had 25+ pass attempts. They lost whenever they had to lean on him to throw the ball. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He also completed 52% of his passes over the last six games. Florida was 5-0 in games that Richardson had under 25 pass attempts and 1-6 in games that he had 25+ pass attempts. They lost whenever they had to lean on him to throw the ball. 

I'll rather have a higher ceiling then playing it safe with good. Need GREAT 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'll rather have a higher ceiling then playing it safe with good. Need GREAT 

Three of the most important things for a QB are accuracy, decision making, and the ability to throw with anticipation. Those are all strengths for CJ Stroud and weaknesses for Anthony Richardson. H/W/S is not really that important for a QB, it's more about the mental aspects of the game than being extremely fast or having a rocket arm. 

Give me Stroud over Richardson all day, the dude that has been preparing to be a franchise QB for years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Stroud's accuracy is incredible, he needs to do a better job of using his legs to extend plays but I think he has all of the tools to be a franchise QB. I'll be ecstatic if he falls to us at #7.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Three of the most important things for a QB are accuracy, decision making, and the ability to throw with anticipation. Those are all strengths for CJ Stroud and weaknesses for Anthony Richardson. H/W/S is not really that important for a QB, it's more about the mental aspects of the game than being extremely fast or having a rocket arm. 

Give me Stroud over Richardson all day, the dude that has been preparing to be a franchise QB for years.

OHIO STATE almost benched Stroud. Stroud gives me Jemarcus Russell vibes. Everyone loves Stroud because he had one great game in the national semis. Everyone fell in love with Jemarcus after his bowl game. Both games were on national TV