The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Dorian Thompson Robinson is the developmental qb I like. NFL athleticism/arm. Upside is there.

I like DTR and Stentson Bennett as late round developmental guys. DTR has a lot of the same qualities Jalen Hurts had as a prospect, obviously not as good. Bennett I think is going to be a high end backup for a while.

• Like 1

The most exciting options imo would be Jalen Carter and Anthony Richardson. Roll the dice either we take a big talent step and hit the jackpot or they bust out and move on from our NE west staff.

• Like 2

Was trying to think of some sort of worst case scenario, and I think it involves trading pick 7 for the Jets second rounders (42+43) + Becton + Zach Wilson. Gamble on Becton health upgrading our RT spot, gamble Wilson is an heir apparent to Jimmy. Then two high seconds trying to hit a deep CB class (Deonte Banks, Kelee Ringo range maybe) and like a DE2 (Keion White or whatever). I think if we got both White and a CB it'd be alright, but it would be such a feel bad to "trade for Zach Wilson" on Thursday even if he's a long long long shot gamble that is more or less a throw in. Trying to think how something like this could happen and I think it'd be Jets caving to GB and sending pick 13 straight up then selling us on the trade focused on Becton as a solution to our OL and two seconds repairs our broken defense more, and then Jets get Paris Johnson or whatever with our pick.

On 3/31/2023 at 4:35 PM, NYRaider said:

I'm intrigued by Matt Landers late in the draft. 

6'5" 200, 4.37s forty, 37" vert, 130" broad, 4.34s shuttle, 6.72s 3-cone 

Started at UGA but hardly played, transferred to Toledo and played pretty well (20/514/2), and then finally ended up at Arkansas where he had his best year (47/901/8). 

I do not know anything about him but I love WRs and TEs that know how to shield defenders.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Was trying to think of some sort of worst case scenario, and I think it involves trading pick 7 for the Jets second rounders (42+43) + Becton + Zach Wilson. Gamble on Becton health upgrading our RT spot, gamble Wilson is an heir apparent to Jimmy. 

Wilson looks absolutely and seems to be a baby, if Carr struggled with JMD's coaching style, he might end ZW's career. I liked Becton as a prospect but he has only played one game in the last two seasons. Based on the trade value chart you'd be valuing Becton/Wilson as a 2nd round pick though so it's not terrible value for us.

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wilson looks absolutely and seems to be a baby, if Carr struggled with JMD's coaching style, he might end ZW's career. I liked Becton as a prospect but he has only played one game in the last two seasons. Based on the trade value chart you'd be valuing Becton/Wilson as a 2nd round pick though so it's not terrible value for us.

Screen-Shot-2023-04-01-at-9-06-27-PM.png

QB: Jimmy G, Zach Wilson
RB: Josh Jacobs, Zamir White, Ameer Abdullah, Brandon Bolden
FB: Hunter Luepke
WR: Davante Adams, DeAndre Carter
WR: Jakobi Meyers, Matt Landers
Slot: Hunter Renfrow, Phillip Dorsett/Keelan Cole
TE: Darnell Washington, Austin Hooper, OJ Howard
LT: Kolton Miller, Justin Herron
LG: Dylan Parham, Jon Gaines II
OC: Andre James / Ricky Stromberg
RG: Jermaine Eluemanor, Andrew Vorhees (IR?), Netane Muti
RT: Mekhi Becton, Thayer Munford/Brandon Parker

Base DE: Keion White, Kolbie Turner
NT: Bilal Nichols, Neil Farrell
DT: Jerry Tillery, Matthew Butler
EDGE: Maxx Crosby, Chandler Jones (opposite DE in passing situations, then Keion or Turner rotates into second 3 tech with Tillery?), Malcolm Koonce
WLB: Henry TooToo, SirVocea Dennis
MLB: Jack Campbell, Robert Spilane
SLB: Divine Deablo, Luke Masterson
CB: Nate Hobbs, Duke Shelly, David Long
CB: Kelee Ringo, Starling Thomas V, Brandon Facyson, Amik Robertson
FS: Trevon Moehrig, Jaquan Johnson
SS: Marcus Epps, Roderic Teamer

K: Daniel Carlson
P: AJ Cole

Retrospectively would have liked a nose tackle like Mazi Smith, Keanu Benton or Siaki Ika

Edited by Trojan

From Jeremy Fowler:

“Will Levis and the Colts, there is a little bit of buzz leaguewide about that pairing at No. 4 overall. I texted with Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, who coached Levis for a few years with the Wildcats, he said, 'I can just say the Colts have done their homework on Levis' and left it at that. Now, they've done their homework on a lot of guys, but I talked to several teams who believe that there could be something there. He fits the prototype of what the Colts have typically liked in a quarterback. They like that big, sturdy, pocket-passer. So, he's got that in spades. He's not for everybody. Not every team has loved his makeup or the way he plays, but he's got a lot of supporters as well

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

From Jeremy Fowler:

“Will Levis and the Colts, there is a little bit of buzz leaguewide about that pairing at No. 4 overall. I texted with Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, who coached Levis for a few years with the Wildcats, he said, 'I can just say the Colts have done their homework on Levis' and left it at that. Now, they've done their homework on a lot of guys, but I talked to several teams who believe that there could be something there. He fits the prototype of what the Colts have typically liked in a quarterback. They like that big, sturdy, pocket-passer. So, he's got that in spades. He's not for everybody. Not every team has loved his makeup or the way he plays, but he's got a lot of supporters as well

Considering their history with guys like Peyton, Luck, Rivers, Brissett, Wentz, and Ryan, I always figured that they'd be high on Levis. 

Traded 1.07 to Tennessee for 1.11 and 3.72. 

Traded 3.70, 3.100, 5.174 to Miami for 2.51 

11. Joey Porter Jr | CB | Penn State

38. Felix Anudike-Uzomah | Edge | Kansas State

51. Steve Avila | OL | TCU

72. Daiyan Henley | LB | Washington State

109. Luke Schoonmaker | TE | Michigan

141. Nick Herbig | LB | Wisconsin

144. Jay Ward | S | LSU

204. Dorian Thompson-Robinson | QB | UCLA

214. McClendon Curtis | OL | Chattanooga 

220. Brodric Martin | NT | Western Kentucky

231. Matt Landers | WR | Arkansas

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Traded 1.07 to Tennessee for 1.11 and 3.72. 

Traded 3.70, 3.100, 5.174 to Miami for 2.51 

11. Lukas Van Ness | DL | Iowa

38. Emmanuel Forbes | CB | Mississippi State

51. Steve Avila | OL | TCU

72. Daiyan Henley | LB | Washington State

109. Luke Schoonmaker | TE | Michigan

141. Nick Herbig | LB | Wisconsin

144. Jay Ward | S | LSU

204. Dorian Thompson-Robinson | QB | UCLA

214. McClendon Curtis | OL | Chattanooga 

220. Brodric Martin | NT | Western Kentucky

231. Matt Landers | WR | Arkansas