The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

We may already have the guy in Koonce, who I think might be helpful in a rotation.

It seemed like Koonce wasn’t in favor with this regime but I’m hoping things change this year because I think he could be a very good 3rd rusher for us.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chandler has also always been a 3-4 OLB type of player though and we forced him to play 4-3 DE. So it will be interesting to see if they go after more of a 3-4 or a 4-3 type of edge.

Still Chandler has the size to play 4-3 DE and can play the run.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It seemed like Koonce wasn’t in favor with this regime but I’m hoping things change this year because I think he could be a very good 3rd rusher for us.

I was excited when we drafted him but he really just never gets to play. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think you have to get to #3, he’s currently -110 to go 3rd followed by Will Anderson at +250.

I think the last thing Irsay wants is the freaky black athlete from Florida. 🤣

Maybe he does, I won't believe it till it happens. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

1 hour ago, massraider said:

There's no way he makes it to us, right?  Great video.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think you have to get to #3, he’s currently -110 to go 3rd followed by Will Anderson at +250.

I'm all in on Richardson. People take the draft too seriously... if there is even a 40% chance a guy becomes the next Mahomes, Allen, etc, you absolutely gamble on that. His mechanics and accuracy are raw, but it's not like he has to perfectly develop those.. look at Jalen Hurts. All you need is a system that is perfect for someones skills and traits. The NFL is always evolving. Sure, Richardson needs a year on the bench, and would look pretty meh in any rookie games he starts, but somebody with his traits failing in today's NFL, what the NFL has become, is hard to imagine. I still think Trey Lance will be successful too, and I think Richardson is a better prospect than Lance. More mobile, bigger, better arm, played real CFB games against real teams....

Also, people criticize Richardson on accuracy. His redzone throws and 15 yard throws need to get better 100%, and that should come with mechanical development. However, that dudes deep ball is crazy tight window accurate... I think he's one of the best deep ball throwers the moment he steps in the league... give him a speed demon, and everyone must respect the deep game, opening up the middle all-day long.

I would select Richardson over Young straight up. And I would GIVE draft capital to move up to #3. Not a popular take, but I would be a very aggressive GM when trying to find a Franchise QB. Once you find one, then things become a little less risk and more normalized. I'm not talking just Franchise QB either.. I want a Top 5-6 guy. 

People who have no idea what they are talking about: "Let's trade up for Maye or Caleb next year!!!" Lmao... those guys are going 1 and 2 and those teams are NOT trading unless it's the Bills, Chiefs, or Bengals. Maybe the Eagles and Chargers as well. 

Give me the Anthony Richardson HYPE train in Silver & Black. If it fails.. whatever, we aren't competing with Mahomes & Reid in the next 4-5 years anyways without a superstar QB. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think so. He's going top 4 99.9% imo. We'd need to trade up to #3 to stand a chance but even then I could see him going 1/2.

I would not be shocked at ALL if Richardson goes #2 to the Texans. However, I'll still take Bryce at #3. McDaniels system is a really good fit. Unfortunate we get NFL's new midget, but at least Bryce is a real professional and doesn't prioritize Call of Duty over his millions a year job.

Edited by BayRaider

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm all in on Richardson. People take the draft too seriously... if there is even a 40% chance a guy becomes the next Mahomes, Allen, etc, you absolutely gamble on that

The thing people forget is that a guy like this doesn't need to be Joe Burrow throwing the ball. He only needs to be Andy Dalton passing the ball, and he's a superstar. 

8 minutes ago, massraider said:

The thing people forget is that a guy like this doesn't need to be Joe Burrow throwing the ball. He only needs to be Andy Dalton passing the ball, and he's a superstar. 

Exactly… look at Jalen Hurts, his mechanics are much better now, but still meh mechanics and ugly thrower. And look at his passing stats this year. It’s all about having the correct system. Also, Richardson’s mobility will open up passing lanes. And his deep ball opens up the middle. 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Man, he really didn't get many snaps for us, now that I look. Big summer for him. You know we gonna add some young guys.