The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t see the appeal in Hooker. Not just old, but also his arm is meh, his mobility is overrated, and he’s a one read guy just like Levis and Richardson, but Richardson has shown the most promise with progression speed. Tennessee’s offense had 3 reads max, and usually two. 

He has one of the better deep balls in this draft. Idk what you’ve been watching. 

6 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

We are watching a different guy then. 

6 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

We are watching a different guy then. 

Distance and velocity are not the same thing. I said the same thing about Haskins coming out, his velocity was garbage. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Distance and velocity are not the same thing. I said the same thing about Haskins coming out, his velocity was garbage. 

Yeah and I disagree with the assessment from what I’ve seen on tape. Hooker’s deep ball has always looked crisp and quick to me. I think it’s all a moot point anyways because I don’t think he makes it past Minnesota at this point. I would take him over Levis every day though. He is my QB 4 in this class. 

Edited by FloydFan

19 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah and I disagree with the assessment from what I’ve seen on tape. Hooker’s deep ball has always looked crisp and quick to me. I think it’s all a moot point anyways because I don’t think he makes it past Minnesota at this point. I would take him over Levis every day though. He is my QB 4 in this class. 

I think Hooker is gonna be a stud in the NFL

More and more ex-coaches and experts are singing his praises

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think Hooker is gonna be a stud in the NFL

More and more ex-coaches and experts are singing his praises

It would not surprise me at all. I get the red flags dealing with age and injury but honestly I think he has the potential to be a top ten QB in the league. I’ll be rooting for the kid wherever he goes (except if it’s the AFC West). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jake Haener and DTR are my late round QBS. Both slept on 

I like DTR too as well. My only concern is sometimes he could have questionable decision making but other than that he has elite traits. Strong arm, Accurate, mobile. I won’t be surprised if this draft has 6 potential starters in it in the next 2-3 seasons

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

For those that don't have the Athletic, here is Dane Buglers beast guide:

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2023/04/08224218/TheBeast_NFL_Draft_Guide.pdf

Password: Bea$stguide2023!

Covers 1893 player rankings and 401 scouting reports, which props to him on the grind. 

Loved the line on Ivan Pace, “runs around the field like my toddler on a sugar buzz after a weekend at Grandmas house” 😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

This would be ideal for me if they really think he is the guy. I’m really intrigued as to where he goes come draft night. 

I've got a sneaky suspicion he either winds up in Denver or Green Bay. 

I can't really justify either, just a gut feeling. 

10 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

It would not surprise me at all. I get the red flags dealing with age and injury but honestly I think he has the potential to be a top ten QB in the league. I’ll be rooting for the kid wherever he goes (except if it’s the AFC West). 

Plus he put up video game numbers vs SEC defenses

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Plus he put up video game numbers vs SEC defenses

One of the best leaders to come through the UT program in a very long time. That may be my favorite quality about him that’s a non physical factor. Guys loved playing with him. 

• Like 2