Big Vince chosen for Patriots HoF

Just announced, Vince Wilfork is this years HoF inductee…

https://www.nfl.com/news/vince-wilfork-to-be-inducted-into-patriots-hall-of-fame

Originally drafted by New England in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft out of Miami, Wilfork was part of two Super Bowl-winning Patriots teams (XXXIX, XLIX).

Wilfork spent 11 of his 13 seasons in New England, and in that span made five Pro Bowls, was named first-team All-Pro once, played in 21 playoff games and four Super Bowls, and helped the Patriots defense finish in the top 10 in points allowed eight times. Wilfork spent the final two seasons of his career with the Houston Texans before retiring in 2017.

Easily a deserving choice, and one my personal favourite Pats ever.

Here he is levelling Donald Jones…

wilforkdestroy.gif

And here’s his INT return against the Chargers in 2011…

Edited by ChazStandard
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I can't include players I never watched so the list is probably short sighted, but I have Brady, Edelman, Wilfork etc...

I'd still have Bruschi over Wilfork simply because Bruschi was not only the heart of the first dynasty's defense, but he is one of just two players Belichick has any emotional attachment to (the other being Lawrence Taylor).

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

It means I'm old as dirt!!!

I with you. 

You have a great list, but it's hard for me to select a list of my favorite players. Some of my favorite Patriots were just average player.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:20 PM, jofos said:

I with you. 

You have a great list, but it's hard for me to select a list of my favorite players. Some of my favorite Patriots were just average player.

Yup. I could go all day with that one.  Soon as I wrote this.... Fred Marion!!!