2022 Around league

dll2000

55 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Oh how quickly we forget Urban Meyer

Nothing will ever top Old Bill giving his resignation during his introductory press conference for the Jets. 

Granted that can't be the "worst" hire as it wasn't short due to poor performance, but when your hiring is measured in minutes rather than games or seasons... hahaha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Oh how quickly we forget Urban Meyer

Meyer at least didn’t have someone hired after a few games to hold his hand when it came to making game time decisions like simply calling a timeout…

Meyer was worse off the field for sure but I don’t think we have ever seen someone take so much talent and flat out run it into the ground on game day.

Edited by Madmike90

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Meyer was worse off the field for sure but I don’t think we have ever seen someone take so much talent and flat out run it into the ground on game day.

Meyer hired an untouchable guy and had to fire him in a timeframe that you can reasonably measure in hours, and that was just the start of the issues with his coaching staff 

He had the entire locker room revolting against him for many reasons, including assaulting his own players. Not to mention the issues he had with James Robinson and Marvin Jones (some of the only talent on the roster)

Meyer lasted less weeks, had less wins, and was an all around bigger Embarrassment to everyone than Hackett.

Hackett is not a good Head Coach, but he is absolutely being fired because the Broncos cant fire Russell Wilson

34 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Meyer hired an untouchable guy and had to fire him in a timeframe that you can reasonably measure in hours, and that was just the start of the issues with his coaching staff 

He had the entire locker room revolting against him for many reasons, including assaulting his own players. Not to mention the issues he had with James Robinson and Marvin Jones (some of the only talent on the roster)

Meyer lasted less weeks, had less wins, and was an all around bigger Embarrassment to everyone than Hackett.

Hackett is not a good Head Coach, but he is absolutely being fired because the Broncos cant fire Russell Wilson

I would disagree with that last part…I think they would happily get rid of both.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would disagree with that last part…I think they would happily get rid of both.

This is all on Wilson, if he is even below average for his career, they are probably a .500 team. 

Sure that just masks the problems with Hackett, Im not excusing him, but it took a Historically awful year from a guy they just gave the world to, in order for him to get fired before year 1 is over.

It also probably helps that Sean Peyton is sitting out there waiting to come back

Edited by StLunatic88

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

This is all on Wilson, if he is even below average for his career, they are probably a .500 team. 

Sure that just masks the problems with Hackett, Im not excusing him, but it took a Historically awful year from a guy they just gave the world to, in order for him to get fired before year 1 is over.

It also probably helps that Sean Peyton is sitting out there waiting to come back

It’s not all on Wilson…that entire franchise is a mess from top to bottom right now…Wilson is the biggest issue as a player but not the only one…Hackett was useless and it was clear from his introduction press conference…

If your Sean Payton I have no idea why you would want to go there.

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It’s not all on Wilson…that entire franchise is a mess from top to bottom right now…Wilson is the biggest issue as a player but not the only one…Hackett was useless and it was clear from his introduction press conference…

If your Sean Payton I have no idea why you would want to go there.

Agreed on Payton. I think if he’s looking to get back into coaching he’s going to have far more appealing situations. I actually think one of the more appealing spots for a coach this cycle is going to be in HOU (top 2 pick, 2 firsts this and next year). Not sure they want Payton, but I think top candidates are going to look hard at that role and being able to make it what they want.

Re: Russ, I think there’s plenty of blame to go to both he and Hackett, but Russ just completely fell apart this year so he gets the lion’s share from me.

So glad that disaster somehow missed us… 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed on Payton. I think if he’s looking to get back into coaching he’s going to have far more appealing situations. I actually think one of the more appealing spots for a coach this cycle is going to be in HOU (top 2 pick, 2 firsts this and next year). Not sure they want Payton, but I think top candidates are going to look hard at that role and being able to make it what they want.

Re: Russ, I think there’s plenty of blame to go to both he and Hackett, but Russ just completely fell apart this year so he gets the lion’s share from me.

So glad that disaster somehow missed us… 

Only way I see Payton coming back is if the Chargers fire Staley. Herbert is a stud and Payton gets the offense to start running immediately. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think Zach Wilson is first official bust of 2021 draft (first rounders).

At least for Jets.  Maybe he bounces back in future somewhere else.   

Agreed. They have every reason to be invested in giving him every opportunity to be the guy yet he’s been benched for Mike White twice, Chris Streveler mid game, and now he’s (again) a healthy inactive on game days. I can’t see any plausible scenario where they bring him back.

Looking at potential fits… maybe NO? They need a QB and have no 1st round pick. Smaller media market. If he continues to be this Wilson then they pick high in 2024 and possibly get Williams or Maye, and if he finds it then they’ve got a 25-year old long term QB they can build around. 

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agreed. They have every reason to be invested in giving him every opportunity to be the guy yet he’s been benched for Mike White twice, Chris Streveler mid game, and now he’s (again) a healthy inactive on game days. I can’t see any plausible scenario where they bring him back.

Looking at potential fits… maybe NO? They need a QB and have no 1st round pick. Smaller media market. If he continues to be this Wilson then they pick high in 2024 and possibly get Williams or Maye, and if he finds it then they’ve got a 25-year old long term QB they can build around. 

Hypothetical. Jets pick 15th. They offer a massive trade package to us for our 1st round pick (1 or 2) that includes 15 and Quinnen Williams. How much more would you need to take it?

If I also got their 2023 2 and 2024 1 I’d say yes. You could probably get comparable draft capital elsewhere without moving down as far, but Williams is everything you hope you’re drafting if you take Jalen Carter. 

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hypothetical. Jets pick 15th. They offer a massive trade package to us for our 1st round pick (1 or 2) that includes 15 and Quinnen Williams. How much more would you need to take it?

If I also got their 2023 2 and 2024 1 I’d say yes. You could probably get comparable draft capital elsewhere without moving down as far, but Williams is everything you hope you’re drafting if you take Jalen Carter. 

I'd have to take that deal.

I would LOVE to see HOU beat IND, and for DEN and AZ to win a game each. We pick number one so we have HOU and IND behind us. Might be able to trade down with HOU and still make another trade for IND to get their guy. I would love to poach Buckner and still get Anderson/Carter.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Adds a QB needy to team to mix for sure.   Good for us being higher.