2022 Around league

dll2000

Sadly critical condition casts an extremely wide net with what it covers....

He could theoretically be brain dead and be being kept alive via life support waiting organ donation in a worst case scenario...... One of the earlier (unconfirmed) reports was that the ambulance didn't leave the stadium parking lot for 30min..... which isn't a good sign on it's own, since it would have meant he wasn't stable enough to be transported.

Whatever happened to him,  prayers out to him and his family.

12 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If you don't think AQM sucks, I'm not sure what to tell you. He has 1 sack, 1 FF and 1 TFL this entire year and I'd bet no more than 3-4 QB hits. I agree on Jones. If he wasn't playing so much he would be a decent rotational player

I said he should be fighting just to be active on game days. So DE 4/5. He isn’t good. As a starter he sucks. When rightly cast where he belongs as a depth player (like he was most of his career in IND before getting here) he’s adequate IMO. 

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'll 100% stand corrected on Jones. He doesn't suck but isn't worth the $7mil he's owed next year. He's a good 3rd option at DT and I can see him staying just so there is another body on the DL and because he'll be off the books in 2024. Makes things easier for Poles. He's fits what Ive called the Garza Standard. If he's the worst starter in the group you're pretty good. If he's a back up you're doing great. If he's the best, you're f***ed. 

I love this terminology. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think you have to play your cards close to the vest right up until game time because you don't want Minnesota or indeed the Texans to play their backups.

We caught a big break IMO with SF’s game being in the afternoon block and ours at noon. MIN will want to insure a win to put the pressure on SF to have to win to keep the 2 seed.

Here’s hoping the soon-to-be-replaced Lovie Smith and Davis Mills want to go out with a bang. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The more they are showing the worse this is looking...massive credit to Zac Taylor who seemed to take control of the situation after the league tried to given them 5 minutes to warm back up after the stoppage which is an utter disgrace considering you could see the panic amongst the medical personnel while trying to treat the poor man...Sean McDermott just had way too much going through his head to so anything but go along with it...hopefully the phone call they are having right now is the league calling this game off because no one is in the right head space even if it is the best possible outcome no person wants to go back on that field and that is the human element of football that some times the league office just don't seem to get.

I've worked in sanitation for a few years, running plants and helping re-train Site Managers, improving retention, addressing cleaning procedures to help the plant be more efficient, etc. But with these plants there is dangerous equipment and people have the "it won't happen to me" mindset - so 100% preventable injuries happen. Some are devastating.

And this is exactly what the issue is. I was working a 167 man plant (for sanitation, actual processing was near 1,000, huge plant) and one of our leads broke our Supervisor Control protocol, and tried cleaning a huge conveyor while it was running. Glove got caught, arm got pulled into the belt and his arm got mangles. Broke in I think 6 spots and we had to shut down the machine, call 911, get the machine taken apart to get his arm out.

Called it in and corporate office made sure he was alive, got his info, what hospital, etc and asked if the machine was damaged. "No, we had to disassemble it to get him out."

"Ok, good, shift some people over to make up for the dead time so we don't have to pay downtime." Then hung up. I was pissed. I get that there was a business there, but this was a hog slaughter facility that killed and processed almost 20,000 hogs over 2 shifts each day. The guy was about 5 seconds from either being dismembered or killed, and it was just a blunt "get it done" message. Get people calmed down, let them know who'll be in contact and everything and shifted people but the whole facility was down. Then the GM of the processing plant gives me a call and has an attitude about making sure my people don't damage his equipment and tells me how much every minute of downtime will cost me from Fresh Cut, I went off. Me and him had it out at 6am when he got there and I ended up getting told I was barred from the plant, then my VP called me and told me to take a few days and get back there when my head was straight. He smoothed everything over, but the only reason was because he worked his way up and had those relationships.

The people in Corporate don't actually know any of these people, they are just names and numbers just like the League Office. They are a resource that generates revenue, nothing else. I get the NFL Office has obligations, TV contracts, and there are a ton of fans that flat out just lost their chance to see the game since they won't be able to re-take the next day off for the game, but it's ridiculous how the League struggled to take the human element into effect. Making the announcers talk over the point and stretch out conversation with that in their head was pathetic too.

NFL had a huge L tonight. Really hope the kid is ok and the league isn't incompetent the next time a traumatic event happens.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Still nothing on his condition...just need to keep hoping he pulls through and has a standard of life.

Its so crazy to see the range of outcomes that can happen in similar situations. Like Chris Pronger for the Blues back in '98 SC Playoffs, he was cleared to play the next game and has been fine ever since.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its so crazy to see the range of outcomes that can happen in similar situations. Like Chris Pronger for the Blues back in '98 SC Playoffs, he was cleared to play the next game and has been fine ever since.

My girl used to be a nurse and she was saying she learned very quickly no matter what state someone arrives in you just never know what can be done for them and to never count anyone out...modern medicine is miraculous at times...hopefully this is one of those times.