2022 Around league

dll2000

53 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Yup.  Apparently the first time was a long time ago on the old site.

I was going to say we should give him another chance.  Maybe he lurks from time to time.   

Getting kicked out twice of a pretty tolerant forum is tough call though.  That one gave me pause.  People tend to quietly leave when forums get too toxic rather than spirited debate on an issue.   I get that.    Keep it to issues and not personal attacks is key.   

Though on an unrelated point I think people in general have gotten real happy with shutting down and punishing views, issues and ideas they don't like or agree with.   I don't like that societal trend at all.  

In any event, if you guys do decide to let him back in for another go I have no objection.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I was going to say we should give him another chance.  Maybe he lurks from time to time.   

Getting kicked out twice of a pretty tolerant forum is tough call though.  That one gave me pause.  People tend to quietly leave when forums get too toxic rather than spirited debate on an issue.   I get that.    Keep it to issues and not personal attacks is key.   

Though on an unrelated point I think people in general have gotten real happy with shutting down and punishing views, issues and ideas they don't like or agree with.   I don't like that societal trend at all.  

In any event, if you guys do decide to let him back in for another go I have no objection.

yeah I’m sure he lurks around here, may even create another account (if he hasnt already).

It’s up to webby if someone’s allowed back and he’s got a pretty strong zero tolerance, especially since he’s been banned before.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Who else are you looking at?

Carl Lawson makes a lot of sense but for me the guy I really like the idea of adding is Dorance Armstrong from Dallas...the Cowboys right now have a ton of depth at DE with Parsons, Lawrence, Fowler & Williams...they added a Quinn guy in the offseason with Tak McKinley & used a 4th round pick on Fehoko...

Armstrong at 6-4" 255lbs with plus 34" arms and is only about to turn 26 years old...he is a free agent next offseason and given he had 5 sacks in 2021 & 8.5 sacks in 2022 it is unlikely they are going to have the cap space to resign him so being able to get something for him this season could make a lot of sense for them as well given the above depth they have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

yeah I’m sure he lurks around here, may even create another account (if he hasnt already).

It’s up to webby if someone’s allowed back and he’s got a pretty strong zero tolerance, especially since he’s been banned before.

Yeah. When the topic is purely football I miss his posts. He had a lot of good insights and almost always had data to back them up in one way or another. He changed my mind on several topics with information he put together.

But I'd be shocked if Webby let up.  He sticks to the book pretty hard and kinda wrote the book, so...

“LATE INTO TUESDAY’S OTA SESSION, LOVE HAD COMPLETED JUST 3 OF 12 PASSES DURING 11-ON-11 PERIODS. HE FINISHED 6 OF 16 WITH THREE TOUCHDOWNS — ALL OF THEM IN THE FINAL RED ZONE PERIOD. IT DIDN’T HELP THAT THE STARTING LEFT SIDE OF THE OFFENSIVE LINE (DAVID BAKHTIARI AND ELGTON JENKINS) WAS ABSENT, BUT LOVE HAD THREE PASSES TIPPED OR BATTED DOWN, ONE DROPPED, AND ONE NEARLY PICKED OFF BY LINEBACKER DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL OVER THE MIDDLE.”
-Rob Demovsky, espn 

Has Green Bay’s defense become too powerful?!?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

“LATE INTO TUESDAY’S OTA SESSION, LOVE HAD COMPLETED JUST 3 OF 12 PASSES DURING 11-ON-11 PERIODS. HE FINISHED 6 OF 16 WITH THREE TOUCHDOWNS — ALL OF THEM IN THE FINAL RED ZONE PERIOD. IT DIDN’T HELP THAT THE STARTING LEFT SIDE OF THE OFFENSIVE LINE (DAVID BAKHTIARI AND ELGTON JENKINS) WAS ABSENT, BUT LOVE HAD THREE PASSES TIPPED OR BATTED DOWN, ONE DROPPED, AND ONE NEARLY PICKED OFF BY LINEBACKER DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL OVER THE MIDDLE.”
-Rob Demovsky, espn 

He may want to get used to Bakhtiari being out

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

-Rob Demovsky, espn 

The defense was reportedly missing something like 5 people as well... and still shutting him down.