2022 Around league

dll2000

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I have no idea why the Jets gave that much up…the Packers had zero leverage to get a short swap of picks in the 1st as well as a 2nd this year and what will more than likely be a 1st next offseason…very short sighted.

The Jets’ problem was that they also had no leverage. Their options at this point are Rodgers or a 1st rounder who may or may not have made it to 13.

Going back to Wilson was never really an actual option - the entire leadership of that team has been openly lobbying for Rodgers. They clearly don’t respect Wilson (as they probably shouldn’t) nor want him around, and I honestly believe that if anyone in the league had any interest they’d take anything at all to just get him out of there. Wilson is going to be an all-time bust, and it forced the Jets’ hand with Rodgers to try to mitigate the loss. To be clear though, if the Jets don’t win the Super Bowl with Rodgers this will have only made the miss on the Wilson pick that much worse.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

How bad is that knee? When he’s been healthy he’s been pretty darn good. 

He was good his rookie year, didn’t look the part after. Struggled to add new moves to his repertoire, do various pass rushing schemes. Then of course the health issues. A 5th year wouldve cost them $17M since he made a pro bowl, which is a chunk of change for a what can he be player. Doesn’t disqualify them from extending him later on but I figure if they’re sticking with Sweat they’re not paying young too. 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

How bad is that knee? When he’s been healthy he’s been pretty darn good. 

If they were offering 1.17 and Young for 1.9 I'd jump on it, even with the price that Ty mentioned. Might be able to still get one of the top 3 targets I have at OT and get a passrusher with one move, then can continue going BPA after that.

Of course WAS might laugh you off the phone but I'd have had to make the call and check.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:32 PM, AZBearsFan said:

The Jets’ problem was that they also had no leverage. Their options at this point are Rodgers or a 1st rounder who may or may not have made it to 13.

Going back to Wilson was never really an actual option - the entire leadership of that team has been openly lobbying for Rodgers. They clearly don’t respect Wilson (as they probably shouldn’t) nor want him around, and I honestly believe that if anyone in the league had any interest they’d take anything at all to just get him out of there. Wilson is going to be an all-time bust, and it forced the Jets’ hand with Rodgers to try to mitigate the loss. To be clear though, if the Jets don’t win the Super Bowl with Rodgers this will have only made the miss on the Wilson pick that much worse.

You're going to look SUPER ridiculous when Aaron is the perfect mentor for Wilson. Wilson will take the reins from Rodgers just as Rodgers did from Favre.

And then Rodgers later will get caught in a welfare fraud scheme. The perfect circle of life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

You're going to look SUPER ridiculous when Aaron is the perfect mentor for Wilson. Wilson will take the reins from Rodgers just as Rodgers did from Favre.

And then Rodgers later will get caught in a welfare fraud scheme. The perfect circle of life.

This is what I’ve been saying. Wilson will get Rodgers benched by week 2 and become the Messiah

so, do we think Bryce Young (or whoever CAR is going to draft) is going to start week 1? I realize its Andy Dalton, but do they start the rookie week 1, or go with the vet until he throws an interception in the 4th quarter of week 3 and move on from then?

which one do we even want starting?

16 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

so, do we think Bryce Young (or whoever CAR is going to draft) is going to start week 1? I realize its Andy Dalton, but do they start the rookie week 1, or go with the vet until he throws an interception in the 4th quarter of week 3 and move on from then?

Id imagine unless its shockingly Anthony Richardson, whoever they pick will Start till they get injured

17 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I hope they run into each other at training camp and injure each other for the season 

Anyone else see the ESPN piece where Rodgers is only making a little over a million this year and is owed over $100 million next year from the Jets? They will be able to do some work to lower that number, but it does make you think that he'll be playing there next year.