2022 Around league

dll2000

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I have always through it was a practice thing...I doubt a guy that size really wanted to run the way this coaching staff demand in training camp and cutting him was a statement of intent that didn't cost us an outstanding player but a decent one.

I'm skeptical. Jenkins wasn't the 6th-7th best player on the OL in games or practice, and I don't believe Tonga was worse than all these nobodies he was competing against. Sure he will look bad comparatively when they aren't going in full contact, but that isn't his game or even real football. I think they had preconceived notions and "trusted their gut" rather than their eyes.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm skeptical. Jenkins wasn't the 6th-7th best player on the OL in games or practice, and I don't believe Tonga was worse than all these nobodies he was competing against. Sure he will look bad comparatively when they aren't going in full contact, but that isn't his game or even real football. I think they had preconceived notions and "trusted their gut" rather than their eyes.

Far more tied up in Jenkins than their was in Tonga though...

We will never know in fairness but I think when we add the type of DL this scheme really needs in the offseason no one will be worried about Tonga being let go.

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I have always through it was a practice thing...I doubt a guy that size really wanted to run the way this coaching staff demand in training camp and cutting him was a statement of intent that didn't cost us an outstanding player but a decent one.

And all of these guys who allegedly run hard in practice are really seeing the results during games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

And all of these guys who allegedly run hard in practice are really seeing the results during games

You can never run to talent...however if you have set standards when you do get talented guys through the door who work hard it will lead to big time results...the elite of the elite are the guys with natural talent who are also willing to work harder than anyone else.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Far more tied up in Jenkins than their was in Tonga though...

We will never know in fairness but I think when we add the type of DL this scheme really needs in the offseason no one will be worried about Tonga being let go.

IDC how much is tied up in them, they had more tied up in Jenkins than any other OL besides Whitehair. But they still had Borom and Mustipher starting while more money was tied into Jenkins and Patrick (and had them battling for the same spot). AQM and Jones were picked by Poles and Eberflus to fit this scheme, and they do physically. They just suck. More AQM than Jones, but still.

I am rooting for the Bears and want Poles/Eberflus to be a badass combination for the next 20 years. But this season hasn't really shown anything very positive for them other than Fields has been able to carry an offense when Getsy adjusted the scheme.

I think I'm frustrated because I have the exact same questions about Poles and Eberflus now as I did when they were hired.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

IDC how much is tied up in them, they had more tied up in Jenkins than any other OL besides Whitehair. But they still had Borom and Mustipher starting while more money was tied into Jenkins and Patrick (and had them battling for the same spot). AQM and Jones were picked by Poles and Eberflus to fit this scheme, and they do physically. They just suck.

I am rooting for the Bears and want Poles/Eberflus to be a badass combination for the next 20 years. But this season hasn't really shown anything very positive for them other than Fields has been able to carry an offense when Getsy adjusted the scheme.

Truthfully this is what was to be expected as soon as we started making guys like Patrick & Pringle our big signings of the offseason then traded out players...reports have always said Poles walked into his interviewed and said this roster sucked and that he would rip it apart...he has done that...he has given himself a lot of resources this season...now the real evaluation of Poles & co starts when it comes to March 13th and what we do in FA then in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Truthfully this is what was to be expected as soon as we started making guys like Patrick & Pringle our big signings of the offseason then traded out players...reports have always said Poles walked into his interviewed and said this roster sucked and that he would rip it apart...he has done that...he has given himself a lot of resources this season...now the real evaluation of Poles & co starts when it comes to March 13th and what we do in FA then in the draft.

I agree with the assessment, and he should have ripped it apart. No argument there in the slightest.

Hopefully his evaluations are better for these big signings than for his patchwork ones. I'd wager that he thoguht there would be 2-3 guys who could at least set the floor for the starting group in 2023, just struck out on them. Really Morrow and Jones can be depth guys at least but thats about it. At least he structured the deals to be easy to drop them though.

53 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

But then why were the acquisitions of Patrick and Pringle praised when they were made?

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

But then why were the acquisitions of Patrick and Pringle praised when they were made?

Because on paper they were smart pick ups...both guys were coming off good seasons and people in the building had knowledge of what they could offer...but let's not pretend it's the same as going and dropping 4 years $70 million on a player like I expect us to do maybe more than once this offseason. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

AQM and Jones were picked by Poles and Eberflus to fit this scheme, and they do physically. They just suck. More AQM than Jones, but still.

I don’t think they suck per se, but they’re in the wrong roles as starters. Both should be rotational players they were at their prior stops, with AQM at the bottom end of the rotation fighting to be active on game days. Jones makes enough plays to be a solid rotational guy but he can’t be your best IDL. 

33 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think they suck per se, but they’re in the wrong roles as starters. Both should be rotational players they were at their prior stops, with AQM at the bottom end of the rotation fighting to be active on game days. Jones makes enough plays to be a solid rotational guy but he can’t be your best IDL. 

If you don't think AQM sucks, I'm not sure what to tell you. He has 1 sack, 1 FF and 1 TFL this entire year and I'd bet no more than 3-4 QB hits. I agree on Jones. If he wasn't playing so much he would be a decent rotational player

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If you don't think AQM sucks, I'm not sure what to tell you. He has 1 sack, 1 FF and 1 TFL this entire year and I'd bet no more than 3-4 QB hits. I agree on Jones. If he wasn't playing so much he would be a decent rotational player

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MuhaAl00.htm#all_detailed_defense

2 QB hits, he has been terrible. As has been stated before the floor of players needs to be raised, he needs to be replace since he isn't even playing at a back up level.