Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

Well that is... interesting to start the draft.

Rookies have gone from being once in a blue moon occurance in the first round, to now dominating the top of the draft. But I'm not sure that their actual value has justified that outside of the obvious #1s (Burrow, Lawrence come to mind).

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Rookies have gone from being once in a blue moon occurance in the first round, to now dominating the top of the draft. But I'm not sure that their actual value has justified that outside of the obvious #1s (Burrow, Lawrence come to mind).

It all depends if your goal of the pick is to get a long term keeper or get a high end short term starter

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It all depends if your goal of the pick is to get a long term keeper or get a high end short term starter

both GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm a new owner, but I think that drafting rookies is a risk/reward opportunity, and their reduced tag cost for two full seasons helps to offset the delay in top-end production. You look at some of the top young EDGE players:

Nick Bosa's rookie year (selected 1.1 in the S18 draft):

Nick Bosa [16 GS]: 53 tackles (12 stuffs), 2 coverages, 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Chase Young's rookie year (selected 1.3 in the S20 draft):

Chase Young [16 GS]: 44 tackles (11 stuffs), 8 sacks, 1 forced fumble.

Myles Garrett's rookie year (unknown where selected):

Myles Garrett [16 GS]: 57 tackles (8 stuffs), 1 coverage, 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 4 recoveries, 1 safety.

You're getting strong EDGE production for two seasons at 1 tag each and will most likely see that production rise in the 4-5 NSFL seasons that follow. Those players quickly become practically untouchable commodities.

If you think a promising rookie will thrive in real life, selecting that player and getting that juicy 1 tag discount appears worth that risk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm a new owner, but I think that drafting rookies is a risk/reward opportunity, and their reduced tag cost for two full seasons helps to offset the delay in top-end production. You look at some of the top young EDGE players:

Nick Bosa [16 GS]: 53 tackles (12 stuffs), 2 coverages, 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Myles Garrett [16 GS]: 57 tackles (8 stuffs), 1 coverage, 9 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 4 recoveries, 1 safety.

You're getting strong EDGE production for two seasons at 1 tag each and will most likely see that production rise in the 4-5 NSFL seasons that follow. Those players quickly become practically untouchable commodities.

If you think a promising rookie will thrive in real life, selecting that player and getting that juicy 1 tag discount appears worth that risk.

This 

19 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Last sentence is key. There are only a handful of those players each year that warrant a first round pick IMO. Stud DE's have been pretty safe because they can usually make an immediate impact in the NFL, but CB's on the other hand are a bit more of a gamble. 

I will say there is a difference in rookies for sure.

9/10 they should be picked in the first round.

1/10 they should be picked in the second