Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

If someone has....

Good irl stats

Good pff rating

Decent to good sim stats

Then I take a shot at them and hope for the best (probably why I will fall on my face lmao)

I don't think you're taking bad players, I just think you're taking them too early and not getting good value. 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

2021 HIGHEST PFF GRADED OTs (pulled from a tweet and I removed the others bc I'm not sure who is owned)

7) Kolton Miller, 84.2

9) Rashawn Slater, 83.7 (somehow was the worst OT in the sim)

I also think I have grabbed the number 2 G and a top 5 C 

Somehow they will all suck for me though lol 

Don't worry Pickle I like the Miller pick. While PFF may have 0 direct influence on Nacho's rating, if you trust their evaluation then you'd expect Kolton Miller to start performing favorably in whatever measure Nacho uses for OL in the sim. 

I get that people love to bash PFF, but most people aren't going to break down the tape of OL, and those are positions that the box score tells you very little about. Unless you want to become a film junky, your options are PFF or reading the opinions/rankings of experts (which more often than not are also influenced by PFF to varying degrees, as it has become fairly mainstream at least in NFL media).

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Don't worry Pickle I like the Miller pick. While PFF may have 0 direct influence on Nacho's rating, if you trust their evaluation then you'd expect Kolton Miller to start performing favorably in whatever measure Nacho uses for OL in the sim. 

I get that people love to bash PFF, but most people aren't going to break down the tape of OL, and those are positions that the box score tells you very little about. Unless you want to become a film junky, your options are PFF or reading the opinions/rankings of experts (which more often than not are also influenced by PFF to varying degrees, as it has become fairly mainstream at least in NFL media).

You like the pick because you're in the same conference. 

• Like 1

Gonna copy Swoosh and give some of my favorite picks. Keep in mind this is my perspective, and as somebody trying to win now who likes his keepers, I haven't given much thought to these top rookies.

1.11 Rashan Gary- was not as good in S23 as I'd have expected, but Ravens will have him in his more natural 3-4 OLB rather than 4-3 DE, maybe that helps things? Either way he was a monster IRL in 2021 and I think his #s will only get prettier, improving his sim model. Even if he has another down sim year, he is a slam dunk keeper if he puts up a pro bowl year which I am expecting him to. 

1.18 Lane Johnson- My #2 tackle. I don't think his great S23 was a fluke, rather his all-pro 2021 campaign just boosted the model big time. Getting a top tier tackle and potential keeper at 18 is nice.

2.06 Amari Cooper- give credit to the trash troll hammy for this one, he gets a keeper caliber WR who I had #1. In a new home, even with this QB chaos that could see Jacoby Brissett start, Cooper is the only WR worth a damn on that roster and could put up stats, and be a keeper for ramster.

3.06 Terron Armstead- Getting a great NSFL player in his IRL prime w/ keeper potential in the 3rd is always nice. He was my #3 OT.

3.10 Tyrann Mathieu- I nearly took him at 2.15. This is great value getting this level of player this late. Also, I think there's a big fall off at safety now.

3.19 Arik Armstead- I had Armstead and Hargrave neck and neck at top of my DT board, and I thought Hargrave was a nice pick, but getting Armstead 15 picks after Hargrave? That's really nice.

4.05 Shaq Mason- Always hard to gauge value of guards and centers, but they started coming off the board prior to this pick and Mason is my top guard.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Gonna copy Swoosh and give some of my favorite picks. Keep in mind this is my perspective, and as somebody trying to win now who likes his keepers, I haven't given much thought to these top rookies.

1.11 Rashan Gary- was not as good in S23 as I'd have expected, but Ravens will have him in his more natural 3-4 OLB rather than 4-3 DE, maybe that helps things? Either way he was a monster IRL in 2021 and I think his #s will only get prettier, improving his sim model. Even if he has another down sim year, he is a slam dunk keeper if he puts up a pro bowl year which I am expecting him to. 

1.18 Lane Johnson- My #2 tackle. I don't think his great S23 was a fluke, rather his all-pro 2021 campaign just boosted the model big time. Getting a top tier tackle and potential keeper at 18 is nice.

2.06 Amari Cooper- give credit to the trash troll hammy for this one, he gets a keeper caliber WR who I had #1. In a new home, even with this QB chaos that could see Jacoby Brissett start, Cooper is the only WR worth a damn on that roster and could put up stats, and be a keeper for ramster.

3.06 Terron Armstead- Getting a great NSFL player in his IRL prime w/ keeper potential in the 3rd is always nice. He was my #3 OT.

3.10 Tyrann Mathieu- I nearly took him at 2.15. This is great value getting this level of player this late. Also, I think there's a big fall off at safety now.

3.19 Arik Armstead- I had Armstead and Hargrave neck and neck at top of my DT board, and I thought Hargrave was a nice pick, but getting Armstead 15 picks after Hargrave? That's really nice.

4.05 Shaq Mason- Always hard to gauge value of guards and centers, but they started coming off the board prior to this pick and Mason is my top guard.

Haven't posted about round 3 yet, but agree Armstead and Honey Badger were fantastic picks. As was Tyron Smith off the top of my head.