FFMD

EaglesPeteC

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Id be willing to moderate this forum with @ny92jefferis and heavily participate in putting together a forum wide mock. I think it would be smartest to start with tbe draft only (FFMD II) version since it is less complicated and build from there.

Agreed....FFMD hasn't happened in a few years so going back that trust is important and coming out with a trimmed down version of TCMD would be ideal.  However, without the support from the moderators then it'll be difficult.

Hopefully @EliteTexan80 gets the ball rolling soon and,  you and I can start getting things lined out.

7 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Agreed....FFMD hasn't happened in a few years so going back that trust is important and coming out with a trimmed down version of TCMD would be ideal.  However, without the support from the moderators then it'll be difficult.

Hopefully @EliteTexan80 gets the ball rolling soon and,  you and I can start getting things lined out.

As a Texans poster (plus @EliteTexan80 and I graduated from the same HS), you cannot have a better mod involved with trying to combine TCMD & FFMD.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Would have been great if you told us this two years ago....secrets...lol.

LOL... did you read the part where he talked about the grind?  I think @EliteTexan80 finally got his batteries recharged and he wouldn't have done it years ago anyway.

You can thank DW4 for that ;) 

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

LOL... did you read the part where he talked about the grind?  I think @EliteTexan80 finally got his batteries recharged and he wouldn't have done it years ago anyway.

You can thank DW4 for that ;) 

Yeah, and he's right it is a grind, for me I don't think I'd be doing these mock drafts if I didn't have excel knowledge.  I've seen how difficult it is without it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Id be willing to moderate this forum with @ny92jefferis and heavily participate in putting together a forum wide mock. I think it would be smartest to start with tbe draft only (FFMD II) version since it is less complicated and build from there.

Haven't we discussed ad nauseam that the draft itself isn't the issue?

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Who said it was an issue? There hasn't been anything the past couple years and it clearly looks like nobody wants to step up and try and bring it back. With the new forum, this is the perfect opportunity for a fresh start. So, if nobody else will step up and get the ball rolling, I will. 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No one is staying there is anything wrong with the draft in ffmd.  It's literally, the one thing you can't screw up when running a mock draft.  Right now the only issue with ffmd II, is no moderator has stepped up and said they'll run it. 

It's obviously too late in the game for us to successfully run a TCMD model this year, but it isn't too late to run a TCMD II model.

In order for us to build and run this mock draft, we need your  support.  Are you willing to support us?

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

First order, do the masses want an FFMD back? Could we put a poll in each team subforum to see what the interest would be in it at this point? 

I know one person that wants to see it back, @Webmaster, "I'm hoping FFMD will return this season.  There are a lot of new features which will help in running it and it's always been very popular with members."  This site hasn't got a ton of attention but I think that is partially due to the resistance from making wanted changes to the system.  Nonetheless, we've gotten at least 19, members including @CWood21that have at least taken the time to voice their opinions.

It's obvious that the current system is taxing, which is why moderators aren't jumping in here volunteering their time and energy to manage it, we get that, but at least open the door to allow those willing to invest their time and energy the ability to manage it. 

@EliteTexan80 any news with getting Pete and I the credentials to oversee this sub forum? 

6 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

No one is staying there is anything wrong with the draft in ffmd.  It's literally, the one thing you can't screw up when running a mock draft.  Right now the only issue with ffmd II, is no moderator has stepped up and said they'll run it. 

It's obviously too late in the game for us to successfully run a TCMD model this year, but it isn't too late to run a TCMD II model.

In order for us to build and run this mock draft, we need your  support.  Are you willing to support us?

Honestly, at this point I'm probably too worn out to participate in either running the mock or participating it from the other side.  And that's the issue.

Personally, I think the best thing to happen would be to run FFMDII as it would run normally and then someone do a formal interview/polling process about FFMD1.  I mean, @EaglesPeteC did a quick poll in the Eagles' forum and the results aren't that good.  It's been roughly 12 hours, and they've had 8 posters vote.  Of those 8, only ONE (EaglesPeteC) expressed interest in being the Eagles GM.  The Eagles forum is the most active team forum on FF right now.  That lies the issue.  Going back to 2014, I believe the Eagles had only one GM candidate.  Almost half of the teams had multiple people signed up.  I believe we had about a dozen teams who didn't have anyone sign up to be GM.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I'm trying to put things back into perspective.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, at this point I'm probably too worn out to participate in either running the mock or participating it from the other side.  And that's the issue.

Personally, I think the best thing to happen would be to run FFMDII as it would run normally and then someone do a formal interview/polling process about FFMD1.  I mean, @EaglesPeteC did a quick poll in the Eagles' forum and the results aren't that good.  It's been roughly 12 hours, and they've had 8 posters vote.  Of those 8, only ONE (EaglesPeteC) expressed interest in being the Eagles GM.  The Eagles forum is the most active team forum on FF right now.  That lies the issue.  Going back to 2014, I believe the Eagles had only one GM candidate.  Almost half of the teams had multiple people signed up.  I believe we had about a dozen teams who didn't have anyone sign up to be GM.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I'm trying to put things back into perspective.

ehhh...When I saw that Pete put out a poll to gauge interest, I didn't think it was the right timing to do so but I supported his effort and sent one out to Indy, NE and NYG.  

I think the results would be better received if the polls were generated from the moderators of that sub, stating they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it right.

Pete's poll was submitted on Friday, it's Friday give it time.  Just last year, your FFMD is back and better than ever, post got several pages of attention.  When it didn't happen, they were upset and let down.  Read through it.  Yet, 8 members are still willing to participate at some level.  I see that as a win.

You'll need to go into more detail about running ffmd II in the norm and "someone do a formal interview for ffmd I", before I can talk about it.

Edited by ny92jefferis

8 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

ehhh...When I say that Pete put out a poll to gauge interest, I didn't think it was the right timing to do so but I supported his effort and sent one out to Indy, NE and NYG.  Positive feedback from both but the Giants, not so much, which was expected.  Mainly because I'm not active in the giants sub-forum, I mean I get on and make post but nothing to the level I am with this sub.

I think the results would be better received if the polls were generated from the moderators of that sub, stating they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it right.

Pete's poll was submitted on Friday, it's Friday give it time.  Just last year, your FFMD is back and better than ever, post got several pages of attention.  When it didn't happen, they were upset and let down.  Read through it.  Yet, 8 members are still willing to participate at some level.  I see that as a win.

You'll need to go into more detail about running ffmd II in the norm and "someone do a formal interview for ffmd I", before I can talk about it.

Honestly, using the Giants or Colts' forums as a benchmark really isn't the best of ideas.  Those two team forums aren't very active, and getting an idea of activity level out of them really doesn't really give us a great barometer of what kind of activity level we're going to get.  Looking at this past past FFMD when it was cancelled due to a lack of interest, the Eagles and Packers forum generated ONE poster (magross from the Eagles forum).  That's an issue.  If two of our most active team forums struggle to generate active GM candidates, that's an issue.

You talk about how the FFMD is back thread generated interest.  That interest didn't manifest itself into people signing up.  Why?  If you don't have anyone that's able to lead a team, that's a problem.  You have a slew of guys who want to be involved, but nobody whose willing to take on that leadership role.  Why?

I'm not sure what really needs to be said about my suggestion.  Run FFMD2 as we would normally, and as a groupthink of the mods and non-mods create a survey/plan on how to best move forward with FFMD1 whether it be scrap it as a whole, revamp, or leave it as is.