FFMD

EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure what really needs to be said about my suggestion.  Run FFMD2 as we would normally, and as a groupthink of the mods and non-mods create a survey/plan on how to best move forward with FFMD1 whether it be scrap it as a whole, revamp, or leave it as is.

I agree with this. FFMD 2 has more mass appeal and is easier. It is the best way to bring it back. 

Question I have are:

1)Who is going to be the driving force behind getting the ball rolling? If nobody but a couple of pisters with no real influnce are pushing its going to get nowhere.

2) Just using the Eagles forum as a small sample size. It seems like a good number of people wantbit to happen but are hesistant about signing up to GM and be in charge. The powers that be now need to know that is issue number and we should brainstrom possible solutions on how to solve it. 

I think if it takes flight it won't be as hard the follwing year to get GM's. 

Here are my thoughts on this.

FFMD did not run last year.  Not sure about 2016 if it was a draft only set up or not.   Since it has been a few years, some veteran posters may be gone or just not interested or not have the time.   Some new posters may not know what it is, or may have some confusion as to what it is or will be (or is even trying to be).

So....I think for 2018, doing a FFMD draft only is the way to go.  The draft fever will start picking up after the combine and the FA period is getting going/wrapping up, so posting things for interest and signups then is likely the way to go IMO.  

Getting as many team specific GM's as possible is ideal, but with some forums not having a lot of traffic, there will likely need to be a cross over of GM's running teams they are less familiar with.   I would advocate for newer members (less experienced with FFMD) to get a chance to run their team vs taking on a different team.  The veteran members can pick up the leftovers.   The way to gain interest and momentum is to let the new members have a chance to run their favorite team vs a team they have less vested interest in.  

Maybe 2018 gets about 50% of teams with a fan from that team running things.  That is the start, get some feedback on how to improve and expand things after 2018.  Whether that is the draft only format for 2019 and things are allowed to grow or not is yet to be known.  Gotta start with something and see what can happen.  

I think @ny92jefferis and @EaglesPeteC among others would be a great group of individuals to attempt to get FFMD back off the ground.  The google draft board with draft picks, trade charts, draft candidates, etc will make for a very smooth DRAFT ONLY FFMD for 2018.   

Plant the seed in 2018.....see how much interest and feedback you can get and then go from there.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, using the Giants or Colts' forums as a benchmark really isn't the best of ideas.  Those two team forums aren't very active, and getting an idea of activity level out of them really doesn't really give us a great barometer of what kind of activity level we're going to get.  Looking at this past past FFMD when it was cancelled due to a lack of interest, the Eagles and Packers forum generated ONE poster (magross from the Eagles forum).  That's an issue.  If two of our most active team forums struggle to generate active GM candidates, that's an issue.

You talk about how the FFMD is back thread generated interest.  That interest didn't manifest itself into people signing up.  Why?  If you don't have anyone that's able to lead a team, that's a problem.  You have a slew of guys who want to be involved, but nobody whose willing to take on that leadership role.  Why?

I'm not sure what really needs to be said about my suggestion.  Run FFMD2 as we would normally, and as a groupthink of the mods and non-mods create a survey/plan on how to best move forward with FFMD1 whether it be scrap it as a whole, revamp, or leave it as is.

I wasn't attempting to set the bench when I put the poll up in Indy, we all know that sub has never really been active with ffmd but it did get two positive post.  

I'm not really sure what you're expecting?  Not everyone is going to want to GM, you're selling it short if that is the bar you've set.  Any interest at all should be welcomed especially after a two - three year vacation.  

I'm assuming the idea that @EliteTexan80 presented is off the table?

Edited by ny92jefferis

On 1/6/2018 at 7:24 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

I agree with this. FFMD 2 has more mass appeal and is easier. It is the best way to bring it back. 

Question I have are:

1)Who is going to be the driving force behind getting the ball rolling? If nobody but a couple of pisters with no real influnce are pushing its going to get nowhere.

2) Just using the Eagles forum as a small sample size. It seems like a good number of people wantbit to happen but are hesistant about signing up to GM and be in charge. The powers that be now need to know that is issue number and we should brainstrom possible solutions on how to solve it. 

I think if it takes flight it won't be as hard the follwing year to get GM's. 

LIS, stick with FFMD2 this year.  Assuming that gets off the ground, we will have a pretty good idea of whether or not FFMD is dead in itself.

As to answer your first question, it doesn't have to be a mod "leading" it.  I would suggest getting some of the newer mods involved in this discussion.  I can't speak for other, but most of us have been involved with FFMD for multiple years probably aren't going to be keen on running it again.  Hell, there's a few I had to beg to get them to help us, and even then they did that reluctantly.

As for the second point, that's the issue.  I don't think that there's any doubt that there are people who want to be involved, but as long as there's nobody to "lead" them it's not going to go anywhere.  Most of the time you have too many chiefs and not enough Indians, this time it's the opposite.  Last year, we had 13 teams that didn't have anyone sign up for GM.  That'a third of the league.  If we would have gotten to 3 or 4 teams, we could have made it work.  But we didn't even get close.  We need people to step up to lead their teams, even if that means delegating everything out.  Honestly, that's probably has something to do with the demographics that FF currently is compared to where it was several years ago.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:51 AM, squire12 said:

FFMD did not run last year.  Not sure about 2016 if it was a draft only set up or not.   Since it has been a few years, some veteran posters may be gone or just not interested or not have the time.   Some new posters may not know what it is, or may have some confusion as to what it is or will be (or is even trying to be).

I can't speak for others, but I know I was burned out after putting everything together for FFMD1 and the lack of interest.  And there was a very real discussion between the mods that were involved in FFMD1 whether or not to run FFMD2.  We decided to not run it.  And one of the trains of thought was that we believed that absence would make the desire to participate stronger.  We will find that out this year.  As I mentioned with Eagles, the biggest problem we had wasn't that people weren't interested in participating, it was that nobody wanted to step up and lead their franchise.  How do you think an NFL franchise runs if they don't have a GM?  Not very well.

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I can't speak for others, but I know I was burned out after putting everything together for FFMD1 and the lack of interest.  And there was a very real discussion between the mods that were involved in FFMD1 whether or not to run FFMD2.  We decided to not run it.  And one of the trains of thought was that we believed that absence would make the desire to participate stronger.  We will find that out this year.  As I mentioned with Eagles, the biggest problem we had wasn't that people weren't interested in participating, it was that nobody wanted to step up and lead their franchise.  How do you think an NFL franchise runs if they don't have a GM?  Not very well.

Basically, what i am hearing, is that it is no one's priority or responsibility to head up bringing this back. Correct?

So let's break this down

- There are no mod's or anyone with any real pull pushing for a return of a Forum Wide Mock

-Members of FF are interested in one but are scared off of any real responsibility

-We are willing to try a completely different approach to running it but will get no support from anyone in doing so

-So we keep it how it is- which is non-existent

- We argue in circles in a very frustrating manner and accomplish nothing

- Herego, FFMD is dead. Let's just lock this thread up.

tenor.gif?itemid=5373022

Listen, the only thing preventing a resurgence of ffmd is its owners involved or lack thereof with putting in the time and effort to make it a success.  Hell, we know that few if any of you guys are jumping to run it, we’ve known this for a several years now.  So how does that look to the outside?  If you guys aren’t willing to put in the time and effort, then why the hell would you expect anyone else?  You said, “as long as there's nobody to "lead" them it's not going to go anywhere”. - So very true.  Oh and for the record, leadership and dictatorship are two different things.

You ask the question, “You have a slew of guys who want to be involved, but nobody who’s willing to take on that leadership role.  Why?”   You ask this question, yet your completely blind to the answer.  If you showed a 10th of energy to getting it off the ground than you do at not, you’d have your answer and I don’t just mean you but the ones “tied” to it.

You take no responsibility and put all the blame on football’s future members for not being leaders, the same members that you need to have any success.  How about we get some moderators to step up and take a leadership role in this, after all this is your mock draft.  Any time a discussion about ffmd is brought up, you see us begging to get moderators involved, but few show up to the dinner bell and those that do, contribute nothing to its betterment. 

edit:  If it's dead, you killed it.

Like Pete said, "Lock her up!"

Edited by ny92jefferis

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That It is no mod's plans to bring FFMD back therefore it is pretty much dead 

I'm not sure that's at all what I said, but I guess everyone takes it differently.  LIS, I can't speak for others but I've got no desire to run FFMD1.  Maybe one of the other mods (Forge, Des, Deadpulse, etc.) has interest in running it.  I know that I'm not interested in doing it.  I did a ton of legwork into it last year, and it ended up not getting off the ground.  And I've got more in my personal life that I can't commit myself to it.  That doesn't mean it's dead.

As I've discussed, I think the most viable solution is to run FFMD2 as usual.  As far as I'm aware, that's the general idea that most of the mods have felt was going to happen.  ANd it takes very minimal set-up, unlike FFMD1.  And then a group of mods AND non-mods make a survey to take to the team forums.  And more than just "are you interested in it" and "would you sign up as GM".

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:34 PM, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure that's at all what I said, but I guess everyone takes it differently.  LIS, I can't speak for others but I've got no desire to run FFMD1.  Maybe one of the other mods (Forge, Des, Deadpulse, etc.) has interest in running it.  I know that I'm not interested in doing it.  I did a ton of legwork into it last year, and it ended up not getting off the ground.  And I've got more in my personal life that I can't commit myself to it.  That doesn't mean it's dead.

As I've discussed, I think the most viable solution is to run FFMD2 as usual.  As far as I'm aware, that's the general idea that most of the mods have felt was going to happen.  ANd it takes very minimal set-up, unlike FFMD1.  And then a group of mods AND non-mods make a survey to take to the team forums.  And more than just "are you interested in it" and "would you sign up as GM".

The fact that you continually say you don't want to be involved, its a grind, and that FFMD2 would be the best thing to do has been told ad nauseum. You literally have two people basically begging for the green light/authority, give them the dumb mod badge and let them shoot their shot. 

• Like 1