Steelers DL Stephon Tuitt retiring

RaidersAreOne

Tuitt was always an underrated player that did the dirty work. Didn’t realize he didn’t play last year after his little brother got killed in such a tragic way and that they still haven’t found the person who did it. I hope he enjoys his retirement and is able to continue to heal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

it's a pretty obvious capital vs labor situation. not complicated nor logically inconsistent at all lol

Which makes sense when the “exploited labor” component of the equation isn’t also 200x wealthier than the average “every man” you’re trying to conflate them with lol. People with 20 million dollars still view you as “the help”, comrade. Just like the guys with 20 billion lol. This isn’t coal miners vs carnegie steel in 1920s rust belt america lmao

It would be like constantly virtue signaling your support for the poor everyman actor Robert Deniro whenever he’s in a dispute with a movie studio lol yeah they’re richer than him, no he’s not some union pipe fitter who constantly needs people white knighting for him whenever their $ is brought up

It’s just obnoxious to me. To each their own tho

Edited by Ray Reed

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Which makes sense when the “exploited labor” component of the equation isn’t also 200x wealthier than the average “every man” you’re trying to conflate them with lol. People with 20 million dollars still view you as “the help”, comrade. Just like the guys with 20 billion lol. This isn’t coal miners vs carnegie steel in 1920s rust belt america lmao

It would be like constantly virtue signaling your support for the poor everyman actor Robert Deniro whenever he’s in a dispute with a movie studio lol yeah they’re richer than him, no he’s not some union pipe fitter who constantly needs people white knighting for him whenever their $ is brought up

It’s just obnoxious to me. To each their own tho

i'm not conflating anything. obviously these guys are all rich, but capital is capital and labor is labor. union electricians make like 5x what a mcdonalds worker makes but they're both workers. same principle applies here. it's a relation to ownership/management, not a statement of values or attitudes or whatever. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 5:25 PM, CKSteeler said:

The Steelers allowed him to do it, so it's on them, but honestly, my opinion at this stage is good riddance at this point. The guy stole a years worth of salary last year faking/milking an injury. People can deal with personal tragedy in their own way, but there is probably no one here posting today whose employer would allow them to go a year without contributing to their business while collecting a paycheck. What kills me is how many sports fans will come to his defense not even for pragmatic reasons like maybe its worth trying to salvage the relationship, but actually try to justify a guy missing a years worth of work because he's in mourning. 

As stated - Tuitt is free to give his services to the team when and how he pleases. But he should have retired last year when he knew he wasn't going to play all year. And I'd wager that he definitely did know. 

How’s that boot taste?

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 9:50 PM, NudeTayne said:

What do you mean?

Edit: well, PM me if you'd like. I think it's gonna be something we're not supposed to talk about(?).

He's clearly using this story to traffic in how he hates "the Left."

Please refer to the hackneyed Covid Lockdown analogy.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:52 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

How’s that boot taste?

I'm sure the moderators will be in here any minute now to address this personal attack on me. Any minute now...*

I like equating having a sense of ethics with being a bootlicker. Even then, I think poster Ray Reed kind of summed up the ridiculousness of those who think they're enlightened or edgy by siding with the less rich guy over the NFL owner. And if I'm going to get accused of being a culture warrior, I might as well play the part and point out that there's  a high correlation between the Deadspin-esque edgelords around here and those who supported the most massive government overreach in the nation's history. We're talking the sorts of people who will support the government dictating anything and everything to individuals but then act like they're fighting the man when they support Stephon Tuitt stealing paychecks from an NFL team. FIGHT THE POWER!

*I do not actually want moderator intervention, just going back to my point earlier in this thread about the hypocrisy in moderation when it comes to some subjects. What i posted was not directed at any individual poster or even a group of posters on this site, but a statement on society as a whole. Oregon Duck gets to just call me a boot licker with no repercussions.

Edited by CKSteeler
  • Like 1