Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

26 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jets confirmed.

Our starting OL will be LT-Brown LG-Tomlinson C-McGovern RG-Vera Tucker RT- Fant

I figured they weren't going to have Brown change sides considering his entire career was LT. 

I feel bad for Fant in a contract year after the season he just had. 

1 hour ago, canadianjetsfan said:

It is one of the things that gets me excited about this group in general. We are accumulating talent at a rate that we will have to cut players that can make other teams rosters. Haven’t been able to say that in a long time. 

It also sets up an opportunity to take another run with a different QB if Zack is not the guy. 

It also appears that Salah’s staff has the ability to develop players. Seeing the improvement of later round drafted players is something that has been missing since Mangini.

I don’t think they’ve shown they can develop guys yet. They’re only 1 draft class in. Gotta see where these guys are at in years 3/4. The arrow looks to be pointing upward but we still haven’t seen enough. 

Watching Micheal Clemons reps vs the Eagles, he definitely looks like a player. Love how the Jets move him all around, DE, DT. His talent is very apparent when watching. Long arms, he shows some nice handwork  and has heavy hands with power when he hits a linemen, they jolt back. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think they’ve shown they can develop guys yet. They’re only 1 draft class in. Gotta see where these guys are at in years 3/4. The arrow looks to be pointing upward but we still haven’t seen enough. 

It is early for sure, but it is nice to see players that have been here a year or two and look like they may be able to contribute at some point. 

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Watching Micheal Clemons reps vs the Eagles, he definitely looks like a player. Love how the Jets move him all around, DE, DT. His talent is very apparent when watching. Long arms, he shows some nice handwork  and has heavy hands with power when he hits a linemen, they jolt back. 

I said this when we drafted him, but He's going to get in the rotation and eventually become a starter in the near future. Him & JJ are going to be fun to watch.

Our DE rotation is pretty nasty. Yes it lacks the big name... but all these guys can get to the passer and disrupt plays. Being fresh will be great with not losing much when rotating. Lawson, JJ, Huff and Clemons are my 4 favs. I'd like to see Curry get cut and Martin to get the least amount of reps of the 5. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd like to see Curry get cut and Martin to get the least amount of reps of the 5. 

I think Martin is going to be our sneaky good PR this season.  He had a relatively high QB hurry rate compared to his PR attempts.  He had a hurry rate of 2% (14 hurries in 698 snaps, 4 sacks) Huff had a hurry rate of 0.9% (3  hurries in 337 snaps. 2 sacks).  For reference the hurries leader Joey Bosa had a 2.5% rate (21 hurries on 848 snaps, 10.5 sacks).

I think Martin will turn out to be our number 3 DE by seasons end.  Huff will make plays but I think Martin will have his snap count increased as the season goes on.  Just a hunch.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Our DE rotation is pretty nasty. Yes it lacks the big name... but all these guys can get to the passer and disrupt plays. Being fresh will be great with not losing much when rotating. Lawson, JJ, Huff and Clemons are my 4 favs. I'd like to see Curry get cut and Martin to get the least amount of reps of the 5. 

That is who should be the one cut, Curry is the oldest.  Seeing how Zuniga showed up, I think he should make the roster. 

Idk how many we will keep though. I am a Bryce Huff fan, love his bend on the corner which brings something different than a lot of these other guys who are more power guys.  But this DE group is very deep. Watching their reps vs the Eagles, they were collapsing the pocket a lot. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

That is who should be the one cut, Curry is the oldest.  Seeing how Zuniga showed up, I think he should make the roster. 

Idk how many we will keep though. I am a Bryce Huff fan, love his bend on the corner which brings something different than a lot of these other guys who are more power guys.  But this DE group is very deep. Watching their reps vs the Eagles, they were collapsing the pocket a lot. 

I think we cut Curry and Zuniga. Have to remember that JFM can play DE too. So that'd still be us keeping pretty much 6 guys that can play DE. 

There is a legit chance ... Flacco plays well enough with the talent we have around him, to keep Zach on the bench for a couple weeks more than just the opener.

We should be significantly better than last year, losing becton and having Zach go down like this is a bummer though.

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Sauce doesn't just make our secondary better, he also makes our WR core better. He is really challenging them. 

Welcome to the Sauce train. This guy is lights out. He will be locking down #1 WR all day long next year. Heck he might be doing it by the second half of this year. He is my DROY player right now. 

9 hours ago, KBS756 said:

There is a legit chance ... Flacco plays well enough with the talent we have around him, to keep Zach on the bench for a couple weeks more than just the opener.

We should be significantly better than last year, losing becton and having Zach go down like this is a bummer though.

Ummm Flacco is not starting week 2. I don't care what he does. He is not the future and this team still wants to know what they have in Zach. Now if Zach has a run of bad games they could pull the "He got hurt and will be out a few weeks" move and put Flacco back in. If this happens then the Jets are looking at QB. I hate to say it but I don't see Zach making and big strides at all this year. I think he struggles a lot again and the Jets have to decided if they want to move on from him. Most people have us sitting around 4-5 wins this year. I have the Jets at 7 wins as the most. I do think we beat the Pats this year and Miami. They will probably lose to the Bills twice. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Welcome to the Sauce train. This guy is lights out. He will be locking down #1 WR all day long next year. Heck he might be doing it by the second half of this year. He is my DROY player right now. 

lol I was on it during the season when people on here kept saying don't draft a CB with the top pick. I've posted multiple times that he's the best CB prospect I've seen in years. He's going to go through some tough challenges in the beginning of the year, but he's not going to get bullied by any WR for a whole game. I'm looking forward to see him matching up against Chase.