Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

14 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m still not understanding your point. I’m not saying Berrios doesn’t deserve to be on the team. I said they found a way to utilize his strengths as a player but refuse to do the same with Mims. They aren’t gonna line Berrios up at X and tell him beat the press and run a flag route.

That’s bc Berrios learned the playbook and was able to play anywhere. We heard several times how Mims wasn’t grasping all the positions so he was pigeon holing himself in essence to 1 role on the team. And while he was trying to learn… Berrios and Moore balled out and we drafted Wilson. So a lot of his situation is on him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m still not understanding your point. I’m not saying Berrios doesn’t deserve to be on the team. I said they found a way to utilize his strengths as a player but refuse to do the same with Mims. They aren’t gonna line Berrios up at X and tell him beat the press and run a flag route.

You act like they handed Berrios production as if he didn't earn it. Mims hasn't earned anything. Corey Davis goes down for half the season, and this dude can't even get on the field.

In the end, Berrios produces and Mims doesn't - who cares about what position the play out of?

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s bc Berrios learned the playbook and was able to play anywhere. We heard several times how Mims wasn’t grasping all the positions so he was pigeon holing himself in essence to 1 role on the team. And while he was trying to learn… Berrios and Moore balled out and we drafted Wilson. So a lot of his situation is on him.

Why is it we hear all the time a great coach adapts to his players but when we don’t like a guy we throw that out the window. Mims knows the playbook this year, they confirmed that multiple times. They simply cannot find a way to use him. I’m tired of the excuses.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

You act like they handed Berrios production as if he didn't earn it. Mims hasn't earned anything. Corey Davis goes down for half the season, and this dude can't even get on the field.

In the end, Berrios produces and Mims doesn't - who cares about what position the play out of?

Stop telling me what I’m acting like. I used Berrios as an example of them utilizing someone’s skill set. You’re defending Berrios like you’re his wife and I’m not even attacking him.

Not once did they think hmm what’s Mims good at, we’re down our top 3 guys let’s get him going in this aspect to help the offense.

I told y’all a million times these coaches do not adapt. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why is it we hear all the time a great coach adapts to his players but when we don’t like a guy we throw that out the window. Mims knows the playbook this year, they confirmed that multiple times. They simply cannot find a way to use him. I’m tired of the excuses.

I’m a fan of Mims. I actually prefer that we don’t trade him. So I don’t not like him. But my point is, that he has himself to blame. He got injured and didn’t do enough as a rookie. He got mono and didn’t know the playbook and didn’t perform in his time as a 2nd year player. Which bc of how we’ve upgraded the position and a guy like Berrios doing more with his opportunity put him as the 5th WR. That’s all on him. So he’s complaining about not getting enough work with starters. But that’s bc he hasn’t earned it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m a fan of Mims. I actually prefer that we don’t trade him. So I don’t not like him. But my point is, that he has himself to blame. He got injured and didn’t do enough as a rookie. He got mono and didn’t know the playbook and didn’t perform in his time as a 2nd year player. Which bc of how we’ve upgraded the position and a guy like Berrios doing more with his opportunity put him as the 5th WR. That’s all on him. So he’s complaining about not getting enough work with starters. But that’s bc he hasn’t earned it

Mims got mono? He had food poisoning from the Jets cafeteria.

And again I’m not comparing him to Berrios, I’m saying if MLF can find a way to utilize the strengths of his game then he can do the same for Mims. 

Saleh preaches all the time about wanting guys to think less so they can use their natural gifts correct? That statement is contradicted with the development of Mims. 

Neither side did their part but we aren’t about to let the coaching staff off the hook.