Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I doubt it.

Buzbee has represented dozens of women bringing sexual assault charges against Watson for more than a year. Buzbee said attorneys are "working through paperwork" related to the four outstanding suits against Watson, who did not play in 2021 and could face a lengthy suspension in 2022. Buzbee indicated the other four lawsuits would eventually be settled, adding that the terms of the settlements with Watson would remain confidential. 

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Buzbee has represented dozens of women bringing sexual assault charges against Watson for more than a year. Buzbee said attorneys are "working through paperwork" related to the four outstanding suits against Watson, who did not play in 2021 and could face a lengthy suspension in 2022. Buzbee indicated the other four lawsuits would eventually be settled, adding that the terms of the settlements with Watson would remain confidential. 

That does not mean anyone is holding out for more money, just that they aren't happy with the terms. If I was her I'd likely be trying to find a way to prohibit Watson from doing it again, so that may be why she's currently holding out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

That does not mean anyone is holding out for more money, just that they aren't happy with the terms. If I was her I'd likely be trying to find a way to prohibit Watson from doing it again, so that may be why she's currently holding out.

I hope there’s a way to stop Watson from doing it again. But almost unlikely even if it does hurt his pocketbook.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He specifically said trying these cases. No mention of settlement.

This was part of Buzbee’s statement following the 20 settled cases.

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

You can doubt it all you want, they are holding out for more money than the ones that just settled, there is nothing more to see 

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The only question I have is the current number. Does this not include the two new lawsuits?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He could absolutely desire to try them or he could be posturing from a position of strength to get them settled for higher. Nobody negotiates by saying they’ll be looking to settle IMO.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

NFL probably told him: Settle, we “suspend” you for a year to save face. NFLPA appeals and you only get 8 games.

I think it’s the PA - they know appeals is where Goodell can influence and they also know where Goodell’s head is at in regards to the situation.

Nobody really knows how Sue Robinson is going to respond to this.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He could absolutely desire to try them or he could be posturing from a position of strength to get them settled for higher. Nobody negotiates by saying they’ll be looking to settle IMO.

Possible, but why even bring this up? Buzbee has went out of his was to single out Solis for her work in this - Solis herself has went out of her way to make herself the face, too. 

My gut instinct is that she wants this to go to trial. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Possible, but why even bring this up? Buzbee has went out of his was to single out Solis for her work in this - Solis herself has went out of her way to make herself the face, too. 

They definitely might, but time is also on their side and he knows that everyone in Watson’s camp wants this settled now so they can then look at suspensions/everything else. He’s got a job to represent all 24 women and so he’s reminding the court of public opinion and continuing the civil pre trial publicly with the remaining 4. It means a higher payday for those 4 women, as these are civil cases.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I Hope Please GIF

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

NFL probably told him: Settle, we “suspend” you for a year to save face. NFLPA appeals and you only get 8 games.

Could be a behind-the-scenes handshake deal, but the NFL is going on record to say this changes nothing.

• Like 2