Houston Texans added as defendants in Deshaun Watson sexual misconduct civil trials

ET80

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Holy hell lol

mortal kombat 90s GIF

If Sansa was so assaulted, why didn't she tell the Warden of the North... Roose Bolton? 

Totes thinking on my own here!

• Like 4

Welp, this was good for a bunch of footballs, and it seems like the "hive mind" is working as intended. Everyone saw the flaw in MSUs argument, and only one person seems to miss the facts and data presented - MSU.

If you're gonna die on a hill... make it an epic death, I guess. Not as light hearted as Devin Funchess or Dalton Schultz... but just as memorable.

My job here is done. I'll now resort to providing dunk .gifs and giggles.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Um... I did? Didn't I post that 10 filed criminal cases? You asked why one didn't - I mean, I guess "one" in the literal sense didn't file. One (plus nine more) did.

Or did you miss that?

Maybe im not being clear, what im asking is:

1. Did they immediately go to the police the second they felt there were violated and file a police report (If so, why wasn't he arrested)

2. Did they wait and then file a report (Why wasn't he arrested)

3. Were they contacted by Buzbee and encouraged to file a police report 

All three have different contexts 

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Welp, this was good for a bunch of footballs, and it seems like the "hive mind" is working as intended. Everyone saw the flaw in MSUs argument, and only one person seems to miss the facts and data presented - MSU.

If you're gonna die on a hill... make it an epic death, I guess. Not as light hearted as Devin Funchess or Dalton Schultz... but just as memorable.

My job here is done. I'll now resort to providing dunk .gifs and giggles.

1. @ me 

2. I wasn't an argument, it was question. Nice try

3. You didn't earn a single dollar for any of this 😆

4. I will never be concerned what 'everyone' thinks, i'll trade in having an independent mind than fitting in with people on a message board any day

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Maybe im not being clear, what im asking is:

1. Did they immediately go to the police the second they felt there were violated and file a police report (If so, why wasn't he arrested)

2. Did they wait and then file a report (Why wasn't he arrested)

3. Were they contacted by Buzbee and encouraged to file a police report 

All three have different contexts 

I mean even if it’s #3, unless you’re saying they filed false police reports it’s fairly irrelevant, no?

As far as 10 women filing false sexual assault reports against one dude who is believed to be innocent, there’s literally no historical precedent of that ever happening.  At least that I’m aware of. 

Are some of these women money chasing or exaggerating things?  Maybe.  Are ALL of them?  History and odds based on factual data would suggest the chances that are almost incalculable.

• Like 2

I mean even if it’s #3, unless you’re saying they filed false police reports it’s fairly irrelevant, no?

As far as 10 women filing false sexual assault reports against one dude who is believed to be innocent, there’s literally no historical precedent of that ever happening.  At least that I’m aware of. 

Are some of these women money chasing or exaggerating things?  Maybe.  Are ALL of them?  History and odds based on factual data would suggest the chances that are almost incalculable.

With all due respect, Im waiting for what @ET80has to say

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What about the 18 women who defended Watson who no one brings up?

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Particularly given Watson's total non-answers to explain why his behavior in masseuse selection was so abnormal compared to other top athletes. With what is publicly available, the only honest reason someone wouldn't think the allegations are credible is that they want Watson to play football for Cleveland, and don't really care about anything off-field.

Which very much jives with oligarchs and bad actor Nation States trying to purchase sports teams. Blind loyalty is valuable, and sports fans have it.

• Like 2

The fact that he didn’t rape/assault/whatever some women doesn’t mean he didn’t do so to others.

Dahmer didn’t kill every dude he met either.  

We know there are inconsistencies in all of this, this is my whole point. There is no one side is right, but people are defending their side as if it is, that's my issue...

What I really can't understand in some people's heads is the conclusion they come to when confronted with the evidence. They mention discrepancies from the side of the women claiming they didn't act fast enough, that the evidence in the cases wasn't enough for a conviction, and that this could all be a money grab opportunity people are reaching for... but they ignore all the circumstantial evidence on the other side of the argument conveniently.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/07/new-york-times-finds-that-deshaun-watson-met-with-at-least-66-women-for-massages-in-17-months/

"Watson met with at least 66 women for massages in 17 months". What are the statistics on NFL athletes changing masseuse? If we want to live in a world of plausible deniability... go for it. Ignorance is bliss and life goes on. That said, if you aren't looking at these cases and getting obvious "smoke where there is fire" vibes from this idk what to tell you. If your best argument is women who were just traumatized by a very famous and rich person didn't immediately run to the police after their alleged abuse occurred.... I've got a bridge to sell you.

Do I think some people tend to be a bit too convinced of the circumstances on both sides? Yes. That said the evidence that is publicly available very much supports the idea that something wrong happened in this situation.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In no way am I defending Watson, and Im not going to pretend Im privy to all the nitty gritty details of his legal issues....but this whole "historical precedent" argument is a pretty weak one to make to regards to proving any points.    Just in the last 5 years or so, so many things have changed, and people are crazier and more attention starved than ever before due to social media and movements.    

Its quite clear Watson is a pretty sleazy guy....but Im still unclear what has been proven in regards to him breaking the ACTUAL law.

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

In no way am I defending Watson, and Im not going to pretend Im privy to all the nitty gritty details of his legal issues....but this whole "historical precedent" argument is a pretty weak one to make to regards to proving any points.    Just in the last 5 years or so, so many things have changed, and people are crazier and more attention starved than ever before due to social media and movements.    

Its quite clear Watson is a pretty sleazy guy....but Im still unclear what has been proven in regards to him breaking the ACTUAL law.

In and of itself it doesn’t prove anything, sure, but it does show that at no point in history is there a similar scenario to what people are saying happened.

People are manufacturing a scenario that fits their narrative as opposed to simply looking at the info that’s in front of them.  They’re saying something that’s never actually happened is more likely than something that’s happened repeatedly throughout history and looks exactly like this.

• Like 3