The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

8-1 starts, individual numbers and individual awards are meaningless without a Lombardi at the end.

I think some fans are to wrapped up in these silly player X is the first to do this in NFL history stuff.

In 5 years, the only thing that people will remember about the 2022 season is that the Chiefs were champions.  No one will be saying but, but, but Hurts would have been MVP if he didn't get hurt.

We're not there yet. But the 8-1 start and historical metrics are a good indicator that we could be. People are simply expressing optimism about that.

I get that they lost the SB last year, but no need to not enjoy the ride this year in the hopes that the outcome can be different.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

8-1 starts, individual numbers and individual awards are meaningless without a Lombardi at the end.

I think some fans are to wrapped up in these silly player X is the first to do this in NFL history stuff.

In 5 years, the only thing that people will remember about the 2022 season is that the Chiefs were champions.  No one will be saying but, but, but Hurts would have been MVP if he didn't get hurt.

lol do you know how joyless that sounds? I understand the winning the last game is all the matters notion. We’ve been getting it jammed down our throats for the last 50 years by cowboy fans up until we won. But there’s joy in the process and journey. I mean what’s the point if not? We’re all literally here because we’re fanatics of a game that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Why torture yourself if you cant enjoy it? So what you’re saying is only one time in the many years of your life you can say you were truly happy with this team? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

lol do you know how joyless that sounds? I understand the winning the last game is all the matters notion. We’ve been getting it jammed down our throats for the last 50 years by cowboy fans up until we won. But there’s joy in the process and journey. I mean what’s the point if not? We’re all literally here because we’re fanatics of a game that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Why torture yourself if you cant enjoy it? So what you’re saying is only one time in the many years of your life you can say you were truly happy with this team? 

He's convinced me. @ me if we ever win the superbowl I'm no longer going to watch games until they are champions again.

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

He's convinced me. @ me if we ever win the superbowl I'm no longer going to watch games until they are champions again.

lol I can’t imagine nitpicking the 2017 season. It was one of the most enjoyable sport season rides I’ve ever witnessed. Can you please imagine being a stick in the mud for 20 weeks and then winning the SB? lol. 2004 was awesome too. I’ll never forget that season. I can’t just wash it away because we didn’t win the last game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

I mean Hell!!! Can you imagine how much simpler life would be you you didn't watch the NFL until the Replay of the SB you recorded, "ONLY IF" your team won? 

That's brilliant!👍

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

As I stated earlier, I am full of joy.  Ask the fans of other teams I interact with.

This is the place the fans of the team discuss the team, the good and bad.  

I choose to talk about the good with others, and discuss the team in depth with Eagles fans.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As I stated earlier, I am full of joy.  Ask the fans of other teams I interact with.

This is the place the fans of the team discuss the team, the good and bad.  

I choose to talk about the good with others, and discuss the team in depth with Eagles fans.

Mike, I actually understand what you're saying, truly. However as a newbie to this particular site, ALL it ever sounds like is constant,  non stop, unwavering Mitching about everything Eagles. 

Nothing is good, No one one is playing well, We suck! Despite a 8-1 record. 

Just saying. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Mike, I actually understand what you're saying, truly. However as a newbie to this particular site, ALL it ever sounds like is constant,  non stop, unwavering Mitching about everything Eagles. 

Nothing is good, No one one is playing well, We suck! Despite a 8-1 record. 

Just saying. 

I have been threw many good seasons that ended in disappointment.  My eye is on the prize, and I am here to discuss things that will stop us from winning that prize.

Besides, if we were all happy happy joy joy, what would be the point of a message board to discuss the team????

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hot damn! lol

I don't like comparing pre PI rules QB's to current QB's. And Donovan didn't exactly have AJ/DeVo/Goedert to throw to. His best WR was usually our RB. Please don't make me defend McNabb ever again by posting LeBron stats.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't like comparing pre PI rules QB's to current QB's. And Donovan didn't exactly have AJ/DeVo/Goedert to throw to. His best WR was usually our RB. Please don't make me defend McNabb ever again by posting LeBron stats.

You know how big of a supporter I am/was of McNabb (username of 16 years).

While I agree McNabbs WR's outside of TO (20 gms) and 1 season with Desean/Maclin/McCoy were absolutely garbage, travesty by Andy wasting his career. 

I was just shocked he only had 10 gms ever thats all? Donnovan simply wouldn't attempt some of these throws Jalen does because he never trusted said WR'S and would rather throw it in the dirt then get a INT.

On 11/6/2023 at 9:01 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Only thing really to be upset about are the TO's. Some absolutely his fault several more just plain out and out unlucky. 

Maybe we've been spoiled with Aaron Rodgers limited TO type numbers from Hurts? So when he has 11/12 in 9 games, we ***** and complain. 

Ironic thing is most would argue I'd rather have Josh Allen , a player who averages almost a TO a gm over his entire career and already has one more TO then Jalen this year. 🤷‍♂️

Right now the only QB I’m taking over Jalen hurts without question is Patrick mahomes. I think we can have a conversation about joe burrow too, but besides those 2 I’m taking hurts right now.

As far as the rest of your post, I agree, I think all we really have to worry about is turnovers. Jalen is usually very good with ball security but a good 3-4 of his interceptions have been “fluky” meaning they went off somebody’s hand or the ball was popped up into the air and a defender just so happened to be there.

Besides ball security, I think the only thing the offense needs to work on is situational play calling. Sometimes the play calling makes absolutely no sense at all whatsoever and kills drives. That’s gotta improve, especially in the red zone.

Jalen Hurts has won 7 straight games when he has faced a deficit of 10 or more points. That is the best streak in NFL history by a QB. Unbelievable. He seems to play better when facing adversity. Patrick Mahomes was 34-1 when having a 10+ point lead at halftime. Jalen Hurts and the Eagles with incredible comeback win in Kansas City vs Super Bowl champs