The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I wouldn't call that haters, as that isn't too far off. He has been improving no doubt, but I don't think he's one of the best pure passers yet. 

See I think he is one of the better passers in the league right now. I wouldn’t put him up there in the top tier yet as a passer but I’d say he’s at least in the top 10 as a pure passer. I’d say that he makes some throws that I think average to above average QBs can’t make. Also I think he doesn’t make as many bad throws as average to above average QBs.

This cowboys defense will be a good test for him. They’ve had a great pass defense so it’ll be interesting to see how he holds up against one of the leagues best pass defenses.

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It depends. Who said it and when?

Who in here is a Jalen hater? 

Woof. That is kinda nuts that we have to clarify such obviously incorrect statements no? Like could anyone say something more incorrect about Hurts than calling him a bad QB and then doubling down on it? My lord.

@CasperX22 said it. He is a hater.

Sorry but if your current opinion of Jalen Hurts is that he is a legitimately bad QB then you either don't understand anything about the QB position or you are a hater. Plain and simple. There is absolutely no defending this viewpoint.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Pretty sure Casper is

I’m pretty sure he came over from a site called pro sports daily. Yeah, he’s not a Jalen hurts fan to say the least..lol

I think it was him that once said he just didn’t want to be tricked by fools gold again. Carson wentz was fools gold.

4 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

I’m a big Jalen hurts fan but I’ve never really liked attributing wins and losses to a QB. A QB can play like **** and still get the win, and also the opposite can happen too. Thing is if the DL and OL weren’t as good I’d be willing to bet that record wouldn’t be as good as it currently is. That’s not taking away anything from Jalen, he’s been great, I just think the other guys deserve credit too.

It’s funny in football a lot of times the QB gets credit for the win but losses “oh the defense sucked today..” or “the OL couldn’t block anybody!”. Point is, it’s a team sport. Wins should be a team stat not a player stat. Win and lose as a team.

Ok rant over..lol

I'd typically agree but have PTSD flashbacks of last years Gardner Minshew. 🙈🙉🙊

If Hurts wasn't starting, and Marcus Mariota was does anyone in here really think we are 7-1? AJ breaking the 6x 125+ WR record?

While W/L being solely contributed to a QB is absolutely false what is not is our overall record/success with Jalen Hurts leading the way.

It's funny how when the Chiefs win, it's usually a Pat being Pat thing being stated by the masses.

This team goes, how Jalen Hurts goes! When he/players turn the ball over on offense like we did in last years Washington gm  and vs the Jets this year, we lose. When He/players don't,  we win!

Its been a proven formula for success the last 25 gms straight.

3 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

I’m pretty sure he came over from a site called pro sports daily. Yeah, he’s not a Jalen hurts fan to say the least..lol

I think it was him that once said he just didn’t want to be tricked by fools gold again. Carson wentz was fools gold.

Sounds like the dude who had a bad date and suddenly doesn't trust any woman ever.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Hurts wasn't starting, and Marcus Mariota was does anyone in here really think we are 7-1? AJ breaking the 6x 125+ WR record?

While W/L being solely contributed to a QB is absolutely false what is not is our overall record/success with Jalen Hurts leading the way.

It's funny how when the Chiefs win, it's usually a Pat being Pat thing being stated by the masses.

This team goes, how Jalen Hurts goes! When he/players turn the ball over on offense like we did in last years Washington gm  and vs the Jets this year, we lose. When He/players don't,  we win!

I agree with 95% of this. I definitely think if we have somebody else in there at QB then the record won’t be the same. My point is I think that also extends to other positions outside of QB.

For example, the eagles record with and without lane Johnson is insane. I can’t remember the exact win/loss total but basically when Lane plays the eagles win like 65% of the time and when he doesn’t they lose like 70% of the time. In fact, the one loss this year came when Lane sat most of the game.

Just now, Danger said:

Sounds like the dude who had a bad date and suddenly doesn't trust any woman ever.

As one of the biggest Wentz Homer's ever on this site. Anyone who can't see the monumental difference between the two is either blind, has a agenda or a plain out and out hater.

Jalen Hurts is nothing like Carson Wentz. Damn near polar opposites in every positive/negative aspect from a QB and leadership perspective. . 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As one of the biggest Wentz Homer's ever on this site. Anyone who can't see the monumental difference between the two is either blind, has a agenda or a plain out and out hater.

Jalen Hurts is nothing like Carson Wentz. Damn near polar opposites in every positive/negative aspect from a QB and leadership perspective. . 

To be fair, this was something that was said a year or two ago. Things have changed since then, Jalen hurts is a different QB now and I think even the biggest hurts fans would say the same.
I also am not 100% sure it was him that said that as this was on another sports forum. I’m just going off memory though.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Woof. That is kinda nuts that we have to clarify such obviously incorrect statements no? Like could anyone say something more incorrect about Hurts than calling him a bad QB and then doubling down on it? My lord.

@CasperX22 said it. He is a hater.

Sorry but if your current opinion of Jalen Hurts is that he is a legitimately bad QB then you either don't understand anything about the QB position or you are a hater. Plain and simple. There is absolutely no defending this viewpoint.

Is he serious?

I ask for the situation because you should take GDTs with a grain of salt or however the idiom goes.

I understand being reluctant to crown somebody after the Vick, Wentz, or pretty much any QB after McNabb. He is trending in the right direction, but I don't consider us safe yet. But that's entirely different as to call him dog poo or whatever he said. 

2 hours ago, Jays3 said:

Thing is if the DL and OL weren’t as good I’d be willing to bet that record wouldn’t be as good as it currently is.

We've had the easiest schedule in the NFL over the last 2 years. Evan before the start of last year, when I was in full Hurts-hater mode, I thought we would win 10 or 11 games even if Hurts didn't improve at all after bowing out to Tampa Brady. And the year we lost to TB in the playoffs we played a ton of backup QB's, like Matt Barkley type dudes, en route to our playoff birth. The schedule gods have blessed us for the last 3 years (other than getting Brady in Hurts first playoff game)...until starting right now.

Hurts isn't the best passing QB, regardless of his pocket passing analytics that say he's a top guy, and he doesn't have a great arm, but I feel like when we really need to make a play in a game that we have to win, he will make that play- unless we need like a 60 yard hail Mary. Anything under 55 yards, Hurts got us. What he lacks in passing ability, he mostly makes up for in leadership ability/coolness, but there's going to be times where you wish he got to his 2nd and 3rd reads faster, or put the ball in a better spot, or didn't bail out of the pocket so fast.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Obviously not bc Mariota is a legitimately terrible QB.  When you get benched for Desmond Ridder of all QB's and then peace out because you believe you were legitimately wronged? We don't even need to see the endless amount of on field evidence to know that you can't win with that guy.  We're pretty much dicked if he goes down bc our next best option is likely Tanner McKee and we don't exactly have the 91' Eagles defense out there.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Hurts is reliably a top 10 QB, sometimes top 5, who you can win a Super Bowl with, but he's not Patrick Mahomes or even Joe Burrow or Josh Allen.

What I really want to know is, how is viewed around the league compared to say, Lamar Jackson?

Well in The Athletics QB tiers list this year they were 6-7 respectively at the top of the tier 2 list of QB's.  And the votes are polled from several NFL coaches and executives, so that sounds about where they are viewed around the league.  I feel like I general in the media and by fans they are viewed similarly as well.