Better WR: Julio Jones or Andre Johnson

mdonnelly21

Better WR: Julio Jones or Andre Johnson   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Better WR: Julio Jones or Andre Johnson (During Prime)

• Julio Jones
    • Andre Johnson

10 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Andre Johnson has nothing over Julio except for the fact he played with worse QBs. Andre Johnson is a debatable HOFer, Julio is possibly a top 5 receiver ever.

Top 5 WR is a HUGE push. He's not even a top 10 QB ever. AB is head and shoulders above Julio and he's not even a lock top 5 WR of all time. 

29 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I think people forget that Andre Johnson had back to back 1,500 yard seasons. And during his prime he was right on par with Fitzgerald 

Rod Smith had back to back 1,600 and 1,300 yard seasons during which he had more TDs than Andre Johnson. Accumulative yards (and to a lesser extent TDs) are a superficial factor when comparing players.

Edited by Duluther

7 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Rod Smith had back to back 1,600 and 1,300 yard seasons during which he had more TDs than Andre Johnson. Accumulative yards (and to a lesser extent TDs) are a superficial factor when comparing players.

Which is why I also said that some fans thought he was better than Fitzgerald during that time. In fact probably until Fitz went off in the 09 playoffs Rice style. 

Andre Johnson is a top 20 WR of all time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Top 5 WR is a HUGE push. He's not even a top 10 QB ever. AB is head and shoulders above Julio and he's not even a lock top 5 WR of all time. 

He's not in my top 5 but the argument is there imo. Fastest to reach most Career yardage milestones, Most YPG, Most seasons averaging 100+ YPG, Most 250+ yard games. His lack of TDs holds him back. And AB is NOT head and shoulders above Julio. AB is probably better but they're at least comparable, and there's solid arguments for either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I think people forget that Andre Johnson had back to back 1,500 yard seasons. And during his prime he was right on par with Fitzgerald 

Probably be more relevant if Julio didn’t have 1,593 (missed one game)-1,871-1,409 (missed two games)-1,444-1,677-1,394 (missed one game). Consecutively.

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Simialair players in a lot of ways. Andre was a beast. Julio amazing as well.

Very similar with offenses played in, playstyles, etc. Julio had the definition of consistency with Matt Ryan as his QB for the duration of his peak. Johnson had a rotating cast of guys - David Carr, Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels, TJ Yates, Case Keenum - despite that, AJ didn’t really drop in productivity, he was always a 8/110 guy regardless of QB.

I’m biased though, so you know my vote.

• Like 2