Do our Corners have our Backs, and Safely at that...?

vike daddy

On 07/12/2017 at 4:31 PM, Nzd07 said:

Haven't seen Alexander get picked on in a while, either. He nearly had a pick-6 last week as well.

Jerry Gray deserves a raise.

Does Mackensie Alexander have a nickname? I was thinking in terms of "The Prime Minister".

18 minutes ago, milanb said:

Does Mackensie Alexander have a nickname? I was thinking in terms of "The Prime Minister".

I work at Mackensie River Pizza, but "River" or "River Pizza" would sound weird for a nickname, and the business is not well know outside the Montana-North Dakota region.  Not that I am subtly plugging my place of work ha ha...very good food though...

Just now, perrynoid said:

I work at Mackensie River Pizza, but "River" or "River Pizza" would sound weird for a nickname, and the business is not well know outside the Montana-North Dakota region.  Not that I am subtly plugging my place of work ha ha...very good food though...

Canada's 2nd Prime Minister was Alexander Mackenzie.

:)

1 minute ago, perrynoid said:

gourmet pizza, it is. any of you midwesterners visiting out here should drop in.

15 hours ago, milanb said:

14 hours ago, milanb said:

Canada's 2nd Prime Minister was Alexander Mackenzie.

:)

There was a different Alexander Mackenzie who was the Canadian version of Lewis & Clark (who actually preceded them as well) that came from Scotland...so we could call him the Explorer...or a personal favorite, since one of the meanings of the name Mackensie is "born of fire", is we could call him the Anvil.  

There was also William Lyon Mackenzie, who was the most important figure in the Upper Canada Reform Movement of the 1830's, which led to the Upper Canada and Lower Canada rebellions of 1837. These rebellions were the single biggest factor in Canada evolving as a democratic, self-governing nation in 1867.

Then there was William Lyon Mackenzie's namesake, William Lyon Mackenzie King, who was Canada's prime minister during the Great Depression and the Second World War (Canada's FDR) and historically the most important Canadian politician prior to Pierre Elliott Trudeau (Canada's JFK and Thomas Jefferson).

4 hours ago, disaacs said:

I thought Mackenzie Phillips was more famous....and since Rick Moranis went all hermit and decided to leave acting to help raise his family, he's dead to me.  :P  

Rick Moranis quit acting because his wife died at a young age and he was left alone to take care of the kids.

The "Bob and Doug" skit came about because of government pressure to add "Canadian" content to SCTV, even though the show was shot in Canada and almost the entire cast was Canadian. So they put on lumber jackets and toques, and added Ottawa Valley accents and colloquialisms ("beauty", "take off", "hoser"). It wasn't even intended to be funny.

1 minute ago, milanb said:

Rick Moranis quit acting because his wife died at a young age and he was left alone to take care of the kids.

The "Bob and Doug" skit came about because of government pressure to add "Canadian" content to SCTV, even though the show was shot in Canada and almost the entire cast was Canadian. So they put on lumber jackets and toques, and added Ottawa Valley accents and colloquialisms ("beauty", "take off", "hoser"). It wasn't even intended to be funny.

I don't want to sound heartless, as I had forgotten that (:$), but since his children are all adults now, he needs to come back.  

Archived