NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jazz receive: RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, Evan Fouriner, 2023 1st (DAL), 2024 1st (NYK), 2026 1st (NYK), 2028 1st (NYK), 2025/2027 pick swaps (NYK)

Knicks receive:  Donovan Mitchell

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The national media trying to push the narrative that we're trading Don is getting a little weird and obsessive. 

Interesting 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Interesting 

lmao

There's literally a new story about Donovan almost every day. First it was Windhorst reporting that he'd be shocked if Donovan didn't request a trade. Then it came out that he wasn't planning to ask out. Now it's Danny Ainge doesn't value him and we'll trade him. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jazz receive: RJ Barrett, Obi Toppin, Evan Fouriner, 2023 1st (DAL), 2024 1st (NYK), 2026 1st (NYK), 2028 1st (NYK), 2025/2027 pick swaps (NYK)

Knicks receive:  Donovan Mitchell

Not that Barrett will be anything more than Minnesota-Wiggins but that’s a lot to bet your entire future on a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt.  Btw is Obi Toppin an asset?

15 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Not that Barrett will be anything more than Minnesota-Wiggins but that’s a lot to bet your entire future on a Brunson/Mitchell backcourt.  Btw is Obi Toppin an asset?

The Knicks need a real star player to build around. Per 36 he averaged 19/8 last year on 53/30/76 splits and they have to make a decision on Barrett's extension by October.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Kyrie to the Lakers is fizzling out, sad. @TheRealMcCoy @CWood21 @BStanRamFan

Good.

Nets shouldn’t give Kyrie what he wants or give the Lakers what they want. They can hold onto their 3031 1st round pick (I was being sarcastic lol). But yeah if the Lakers don’t want to give up the pick then they won’t get Kyrie. I know LeBron don’t like it but he still stuck with Russ. Made the bed hard he have to lay in it. 

25 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Good.

Nets shouldn’t give Kyrie what he wants or give the Lakers what they want. They can hold onto their 3031 1st round pick (I was being sarcastic lol). But yeah if the Lakers don’t want to give up the pick then they won’t get Kyrie. I know LeBron don’t like it but he still stuck with Russ. Made the bed hard he have to lay in it. 

It’s just tough going into a season without title hopes when Lebron is on your roster.  It’s a long shot either way but you can at least say if Kyrie’s right and AD stays healthy you have a shot puncher’s chance. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It’s just tough going into a season without title hopes when Lebron is on your roster.  It’s a long shot either way but you can at least say if Kyrie’s right and AD stays healthy you have a shot puncher’s chance. 

Oh no doubt. I think if AD stays healthy and Kyrie is right plus both should be motivated with what LeBron can do the Lakers have more than a punchers chance. I just think even with Kyrie we can’t be optimistic that he will be a sure thing mind state wise and even if he is then we have to worry about his health concerns. He might not be more injury prone than AD but he is certainly up there. 

If I’m the Lakers I’d give up multiple picks to get Kyrie bc the time is now. Can’t think about 5+yrs from now in the draft. And the Nets aren’t going to do any deals with Kyrie unless they get those picks. 

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The hold up is an additional 1st the Lakers dont want to give up.

They will.

This deal gets done. I have 0 doubt.

It’s crazy how our Rams team trade away picks like it’s nothing to get guys they want but the Lakers (I’m assuming is your basketball team) is holding onto picks that are 5+yrs down the road so tight for a guy who could give them the best shot to win a title right now. Funny how being a fan in different sports are lol.

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s crazy how our Rams team trade away picks like it’s nothing to get guys they want but the Lakers (I’m assuming is your basketball team) is holding onto picks that are 5+yrs down the road so tight for a guy who could give them the best shot to win a title right now. Funny how being a fan in different sports are lol.

Probably because they know once Lebron is gone they are going to be one of the worst teams in the league and that pick 5 years from now has a decent chance of being a high lottery pick.