NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Point being, Mitchell has greatly benefitted from Rudy Gobert being on the floor with him and Mike Conley more recently taking away any necessary playmaking duties. If the Knicks ask him to be a secondary ball handler and actually play defense with no Rudy Gobert to clean up behind him, how will he look?

When Rudy Gobert is not on the floor, Donovan Mitchell has a +/- of -3. When Rudy Gobert is on the floor, Donovan Mitchell has a +/- of +4.5. 

If you want to bring Garland into this, he was 6th in the NBA in APG while averaging 22 PPG at just 21 years old. Mitchell wouldnt be able to sniff 22/9 on 46/38/90 if he tried.

Garland stat padding on the 9th best team in the East is certainly an accomplishment that he should be proud of. If you're really going to argue that Conley helped us a ton over the last three years or attribute Donovan being elite offensively to Rudy, I know that you simply don't watch the games and are box score scouting.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

My question for the Suns is if you weren't going to offer him an extension after his rookie deal, why the hell did you take him with the #1 overall pick then?  Cause he's basically developed into the exact player he was projected to be during the draft process. 

People thought he'd be like Embiid.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Garland stat padding on the 9th best team in the East is certainly an accomplishment that he should be proud of. If you're really going to argue that Conley helped us a ton over the last three years or attribute Donovan being elite offensively to Rudy, I know that you simply don't watch the games and are box score scouting.

First off, they were the 3 seed in the EC at the All Star break and 9th in power rankings before every player got injured on their team and they slid to 6th, not 9th.

I have watched the games and thats the reason I am posting all of this about Mitchells ability outside of scoring is because I watched how much his play took a hit when Rudy wasnt on the floor for 1/2 of the season. He got eaten alive defensively on the perimeter and still, is a average at best playmaker

36 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

First off, they were the 3 seed in the EC at the All Star break and 9th in power rankings before every player got injured on their team and they slid to 6th, not 9th.

I have watched the games and thats the reason I am posting all of this about Mitchells ability outside of scoring is because I watched how much his play took a hit when Rudy wasnt on the floor for 1/2 of the season. He got eaten alive defensively on the perimeter and still, is a average at best playmaker

Garland wishes in his wildest dreams that he could do what Donovan does. Win basketball games.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Meh, Ayton was way more hyped of a prospect than he has showed in the NBA. He is not a bust by any means, but he was supposed to be a lot better than he currently is. 

If your the #1 overall pick in the draft, you gotta do a bit better than 17/10 while being a NBA-average defender. Especially for someone with his gifts. Hes a bit of a underachiever.

The Suns view his production as replaceable with a veteran and not worth near a 133M Max (which they are right). He ranks #12 in the NBA among centers is Value Added (similar to PER). 

Not so fast my friend, suns match

Edited by Fureys49ers

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Did the Suns save any money by doing it this way? 

Kind of. Ayton wanted the 5 year max, so this way they saved the money from the last year of the deal Ayton wanted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Very much doubt it. If KD starts this season, which is looking increasingly likely, then he’s gonna end the season as a Net barring completely catastrophe

If KD starts the season as a net that just means the nets couldn’t get a good enough offer for him. If KD is still insistent on a trade then ayton would be the best trade piece to a team KD wants to go to.