NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

51 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

What power does KD have or how can he pressure the Nets? He’s signed with the Nets till he’s 37. He gave up all the power when he signed that deal. 

He’s Kevin Durant. At that level of superstardom, contract doesn’t really matter tbh. 

The Nets, like Kyrie, are trying to have their cake and eat it too. Problem for them is that the superstar typically wins out. So they better do smart thing and give Kyrie the contract whether they like it or not. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't get why anybody would want dude. He's a cancer and he's not on the court enough to deal with his bull****.

Nor has he ever been a big enough factor on the court to deal with destroying your franchise 

Time for GM's to save face

Landry Fields on John Collins: We have under contract for a long time... We're excited about him

Chris Kirschner: I asked Landry Fields where the organization stands with John Collins and how they view him long term. “We have him under contract for a long time. He’s been a great player for us. He’s done great things for us. We’re excited about John Collins.”

James Jones on Deandre Ayton: He remains a big part of what we do

Gerald Bourguet: James Jones said his stance on Deandre Ayton has not changed. The Suns haven’t said anything differently. “DA remains a big part of what we do and he’s a free agent, so we’ll talk about free agency when the time comes.”

Edited by NYRaider

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I don't get why anybody would want dude. He's a cancer and he's not on the court enough to deal with his bull****.

There's probably only 2-3 teams that legitimately would want him.  Lakers being one.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

What power does KD have or how can he pressure the Nets? He’s signed with the Nets till he’s 37. He gave up all the power when he signed that deal. 

After watching Harden eat his way out of Houston and Ben Simmons IR himself out of Philadelphia, I'm done doubting the players' resolve.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's probably only 2-3 teams that legitimately would want him.  Lakers being one.

The free agent class is terrible and most teams are strapped for cash so I think he'll garner a lot of trade interest. I could see the Knicks, Lakers, Heat, Clippers, and Mavericks all being interested in making a run at him. Even if you don't love his attitude he's still one of the elite scorers in the NBA that has shown he can perform under the brightest lights. 

• Like 1