NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Spurs are DUMB AF for even thinking about training Dejounte Murray. 

Agreed, they have a relatively young star to build around who probably hasn’t even played his best seasons yet, and no one else surefire to reach that level on the team 

25 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@NYRaider How do you feel about this Nets situation?

I think that they should pay Kyrie and go all in during their short title window. The team knew what they were signing up for when they went after Kyrie/KD/Harden and then later Ben Simmons. You don't make those moves to be concerned about draft capital, etc. you make them so you can chase a title. People forget that the main reason the Nets were even able to land Durant was because of Kyrie. 

I also find it funny that the team has no issue investing a max into Ben Simmons who literally didn't play at all last season and has shown to be ineffective in the playoffs but they're hesitant to pay Kyrie. I know everyone's down on them after they just got swept but if they're healthy I think a core of Irving - Harris - Durant - Simmons is a legit title contender. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i don't think dejounte is that good but i just saw collins wasn't even in the proposed trade, just picks? that would be dumb

he is getting overrated.  spurs arent going anywhere with him as the best player.  it's a smart move by them to move him while his value is high and start the rebuild.  spurs gm would be stupid if there are protections on those draft picks though. 

5 minutes ago, amac said:

Hawks would be nice. Gotta think he wants out or they just don’t like him as a person or something

He's coming off of a career year with two cheap years left on his contract while the Spurs have a ton of cap space to absorb salary back. To me it sounds like the Hawks called on him, the Spurs declined, and then the Hawks keep coming back with bigger offers. 

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i don't think dejounte is that good but i just saw collins wasn't even in the proposed trade, just picks? that would be dumb

They'd probably be doing it to go into full tank for Victor mode.

Also based on all the reports that we've heard from respected insiders, I think Kyrie has told teams that the only team he will commit to long term is the Lakers. So now he's basically trying to force the Nets hand into trading him there so they don't lose him for nothing and he can maximize earnings. But if they don't I could definitely see a scenario where he just opts out.

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's coming off of a career year with two cheap years left on his contract while the Spurs have a ton of cap space to absorb salary back. To me it sounds like the Hawks called on him, the Spurs declined, and then the Hawks keep coming back with bigger offers. 

Develops into player you hoped and more, on a good contract, have ample cap space, probably hasn’t peaked yet, let’s trade him. Genius 

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think that they should pay Kyrie and go all in during their short title window. The team knew what they were signing up for when they went after Kyrie/KD/Harden and then later Ben Simmons. You don't make those moves to be concerned about draft capital, etc. you make them so you can chase a title. People forget that the main reason the Nets were even able to land Durant was because of Kyrie. 

I also find it funny that the team has no issue investing a max into Ben Simmons who literally didn't play at all last season and has shown to be ineffective in the playoffs but they're hesitant to pay Kyrie. I know everyone's down on them after they just got swept but if they're healthy I think a core of Irving - Harris - Durant - Simmons is a legit title contender. 

The Nets feel like they cant trust Kyrie. Them feeling like that no way they should give go all in with him. We know he hasnt played many games with the Nets. We hear things like he conducts his own practices and from the very beginning he said him and KD dont need a coach. Thus them getting Steve Nash whom Im not going to say he dont know what he is doing, but he is extremely green and on top of that he is literally being controlled by Kyrie with KD going along for the ride. Thats no way to build a championship team.

Lets face it, the Nets hit rock bottom by being swept by the Celtics. The only team to get swept in the playoffs. Yes all those games were close and maybe just maybe if the Nets had any type of chemistry or KD played a B game instead of F and D games they Nets couldve at worst pushed it to Game 7 and possibly won the series. They didnt know how to close with KD and Kyrie. Kyrie had one great game and the rest were duds too. S

Call me crazy but I think the Nets can build around Simmons. Simmons issue was being thrown under the bus by the 76ers which hit him so hard. The 76ers drafted him to be the guy. I think the Nets are the right organization to help Simmons grow. People forget that before the Nets got KD and Kyrie, they developed guys like Harris, Dinwiddie, and help rebuild DeAngelo Russell career that wasnt good with the Lakers. The Nets also drafted well late in drafts by getting Allen and LeVert. I think Simmons with the right coach and system will be back to his all-star ways and possibly better. The Nets can get decent pieces for Kyrie in a sign-and-trade and they could get an historically great deal for KD. Hire the right coach and in a few years the Nets will be relevant again. As I said before, the Nets did it before Kyrie and KD when they were in a deep horrible position and they can do it after Kyrie and KD. I dont blame them for swinging for the fences but it didnt work. They arent the first time that this happened too and it wont be the last.