NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

What do the spurs get out of this? Some first round picks in the 20s? That’s worth giving up an all nba defensive PG?

The Hornets 1st in 2023 and unprotected 1sts from Atlanta in 2025/2027 plus the ability for a pick swap in 2026. The Spurs clearly recognize they're in no mans land so they're going to just tank.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Murray is such a good get for the Hawks. Every non-Trae player needs to be a plus defensively.

I'm just interested to see how Trae/Murray work as two of the most ball dominant guards in the league. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm just interested to see how Trae/Murray work as two of the most ball dominant guards in the league. 

The Hawks main problem is that they're completely dysfunctional offensively whenever Trae has to rest, so just stagger their minutes and occasionally make Trae play offball when they're together? Idk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The Hawks main problem is that they're completely dysfunctional offensively whenever Trae has to rest, so just stagger their minutes and occasionally make Trae play offball when they're together? Idk

I'm sure they'll always have one of Trae/Murray on the court, I'm just not a fan of them playing together. 

Chris Mannix: Rival executives have been trying to figure out why San Antonio, which loves to lock up homegrown talent, seemed to be so eager to move off the 25-year old Murray. Atlanta, which had been eager to shake up the roster, gets a budding star. A question I’ve heard from a few league execs since news of Murray’s availability first broke: Have we seen the last of Pop on the Spurs bench? San Antonio, perhaps intentionally, could be the worst teams in the NBA next season.