NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

Seems like a bad trade for the Spurs. What are the chances those 25 and 27 picks are in the lottery? The fit isn’t great but Murray has gotten better every year and is only 25. Seems like they could’ve got better.

I actually don't hate it for the Spurs.  Assuming those draft picks are actually unprotected as Zach Lowe is reporting, this could be a HUGE coup for the Spurs.  The Hawks have only won 45+ games twice in the last season, and the last season that happened was the '15-'16 season.  They've averaged 42 wins over the last 2 seasons, and averaged 31 wins over the last 5 seasons.  Seems like picks destined to be in that 11-18 range unless the Hawks can find a 3rd star to go with Murray and Trae. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Capela is trending towards negative asset status and neither Huerter or Collins are that valuable. The Spurs literally chose to take on Gallo just to waive him rather than take on Collins and his contract. 

Not every team is going into a full rebuild

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not every team is going into a full rebuild

Collins has probably been the most shopped player of the offseason so far. He has regressed over the last three seasons, is often injured, and has a pretty big contract. 

Chris Kirschner on John Collins’ trade market: From talking with people since the draft, it seems like the market for Collins has decreased quite a bit. Now, I’m not really sure who’s interested in him… As it stands now for John, the market has definitely dwindled down for him. It’s not a possibility the Hawks just keep him. The Hawks aren’t going to just trade John for nothing. We’re talking about someone who’s a really good player.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Give us Collins, Huerter, Capela, Griffin, and their 2023 1st for Rudy and Bojan.

It's a solid framework and I think could be done with some details ironed out. I just don't think Utah can get fair value from Atlanta because I don't think they'd want (or should want) both Capela and Collins, but Capela can't stay on Atlanta with Gobert. Sending Capela elsewhere to try and get another pick for Utah is probably the play.

Atlanta receives: Rudy Gobert, Royce O'Neal, Eric Bledsoe

Utah receives: John Collins, Kevin Huerter, Jalen Johnson/AJ Griffin, 2023 Atlanta 1st Round Pick, 2025 Portland 1st Round Pick (top 4 protected)

*Portland agrees to unprotect 2023 1st to Chicago

Portland receives: Clint Capela

-Utah gets a good starter, a solid starter, a young talent, and 2 1sts. Younger, better spacing, more ball-handlers. Obviously lose a lot on defense though

-Atlanta gets the anchor to their defense they need, a solid low volume and usage shooter, and some cap relief

-Portland gets a good defensive C and P&R partner for Lillard to continue balancing the roster with Nurkic being a FA, though it did cost a bit since they unprotect their 2023 1st and send out another 1st. Probably would make more sense to just re-sign Nurkic

*I tried to make a 4 team deal with Charlotte and LAL work, but LA kept making out like bandits

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If there's legitimacy to that arrest for Bridges, then he just cost himself tens of millions of dollars. Wow.

Even if there isn't we likely won't know until later. It did cost him millions.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Capela is trending towards negative asset status and neither Huerter or Collins are that valuable. The Spurs literally chose to take on Gallo just to waive him rather than take on Collins and his contract. 

Dallas will take any of those guys and dump Powell/Bertans/filler to make it work.