Most "That's So Browns" Moment in Browns History?

biggie.

What is the most "That's So Browns" Moments?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Trading for Deshaun Watson despite the risks
    • Listening to a homeless man's advice and drafting Johnny Manziel despite their $100,000 research project saying draft Teddy Bridgewater
    • Drafting 26 year old Brandon Weeden in the first round
    • Passing up Ben Roethlisberger despite the obvious need and allowing Pittsburgh to draft him and torment Cleveland for over a decade
    • Drew Carey's CLEVELAND ROCKS speech...only to get blown out by Pittsburgh afterwards
    • Kick Six againt Baltimore
    • Dwayne Rudd throws his helment and single handedly costs Cleveland against KC
    • Other

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Browns fans. The only other fanbase that puts up with more misery are Washington fans.

Everyone seems to be taking it good humor so far and I understand the impetus for it.  If it doesn't step out of line, no problems 

• Like 1

Letting haslem buy the team.

Drafted Johnny Manzel

Company caught up in a corruption scandal

Then trading a team that drafted 26th

For the greatest sexual predator in the history of the NFL.

Oh by the way from a federal police officer if this took place in grand teton

National Park he would be charged 

And convicted of federal crimes.

• Like 1

Drew Carey’s speech after not having a team for 3+ years in their expansion game made the list?

Not The Drive, The Fumble, Red Right 88…?

If you’re going to troll the Browns at least do it right.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Drew Carey’s speech after not having a team for 3+ years in their expansion game made the list?

To me a "That's So Browns" moment is something that's stupid or cringe and is tied to the new Browns. Those three moments were heartbreakers but they happened when the Browns were playoff regulars. The Drive and Fumble especially could happen to anyone and are often out of context.

Red Right 88 is dumb because Sipe didn't follow Rutigliano's instructions of throwing the ball away if no one is wide open.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, biggie. said:

To me a "That's So Browns" moment is something that's stupid or cringe and is tied to the new Browns.

But you said “Browns history” in your OP.

Those three moments were heartbreakers but they happened when the Browns were playoff regulars. The Drive and Fumble especially could happen to anyone and are often out of context.

Not at all

Red Right 88 is dumb because Sipe didn't follow Rutigliano's instructions of throwing the ball away if no one is wide open.

Yeah I mean…that’s pretty defining

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If we're gonna be ultra-technical, The Drive, The Fumble, Red Right 88, all belong to the Ravens. This is for Expansion-Era Browns.

19 hours ago, biggie. said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/13298/revisiting-why-browns-passed-on-teddy-bridgewater-for-johnny-manziel

"Cleveland spent many hours and resources scouting Bridgewater. In one particular case, an analytical study of quarterbacks, which cost the team $100,000, told the Browns to take Bridgewater."

Owner must have just watched moneyball or something.   But then ignored it anyway, lol. 

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

If we're gonna be ultra-technical, The Drive, The Fumble, Red Right 88, all belong to the Ravens.

Literally the lawsuit was that all records and history belong to the CLEVELAND BROWNS. This statement is one of the most historically wrong and out of touch statements I’ve ever seen on here…you know since you care about being ultra technical and accurate. 

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

This is for Expansion-Era Browns.

It says IN BROWNS HISTORY. You mean to tell me nothing from San Diego counts towards Chargers history?

Man dude this is an all time bad take here on this site, and that’s saying something.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Literally the lawsuit was that all records and history belong to the CLEVELAND BROWNS. This statement is one of the most historically wrong and out of touch statements I’ve ever seen on here…you know since you care about being ultra technical and accurate. 

I don't care about the lawsuit. Yes the new Browns are entitled to the history of the old Browns franchise. Everybody that was on the 1995 Browns transferred over to the 1996 Ravens. If the Browns didn't move, Ray Lewis would be a Cleveland Brown. As would Jonathan Ogden. The expansion Browns are legally entitled to the history, but that doesn't change the fact that the Ravens franchise is a relocation and rebrand of the Browns. A lawsuit doesn't override the fact that the 1996 Ravens had the same owner, staff, and personnel as the 1996 Browns. Name another time when EVERYBODY from one franchise went directly to a completely separate one, with no transaction happening whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It says IN BROWNS HISTORY. You mean to tell me nothing from San Diego counts towards Chargers history?

While not explicitly stated, OP pretty obviously made it clear by including only moments from the 1999-onwards Expansion Browns. The Browns until 1995 were pretty regularly in the playoffs, and not perennially the worst team in the league like the expansion Browns have been. He should have been more clear that it was Expansion-era, but still.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Man dude this is an all time bad take here on this site, and that’s saying something.

Who p*ssed in your Cheerios dude? This is a pretty odd thing to be irrationally angry about on a Sunday morning.

22 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I don't care about the lawsuit. Yes the new Browns are entitled to the history of the old Browns franchise. Everybody that was on the 1995 Browns transferred over to the 1996 Ravens. If the Browns didn't move, Ray Lewis would be a Cleveland Brown. As would Jonathan Ogden. The expansion Browns are legally entitled to the history, but that doesn't change the fact that the Ravens franchise is a relocation and rebrand of the Browns. A lawsuit doesn't override the fact that the 1996 Ravens had the same owner, staff, and personnel as the 1996 Browns. Name another time when EVERYBODY from one franchise went directly to a completely separate one, with no transaction happening whatsoever.

While not explicitly stated, OP pretty obviously made it clear by including only moments from the 1999-onwards Expansion Browns. The Browns until 1995 were pretty regularly in the playoffs, and not perennially the worst team in the league like the expansion Browns have been. He should have been more clear that it was Expansion-era, but still.

Who p*ssed in your Cheerios dude? This is a pretty odd thing to be irrationally angry about on a Sunday morning.

I wouldn’t expect you to understand. They don’t technically belong to the Ravens. That’s MORONIC. 

Hey guys a bunch of things that happened to the Cleveland Browns 10 years before the Ravens existed technically belong to the Ravens, and disregard the lawsuit and history. LOL

When you’ve had your team stolen come talk to me. I wouldn’t expect you to understand.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Name another time when EVERYBODY from one franchise went directly to a completely separate one, with no transaction happening whatsoever

The Oilers to Tennessee.

The Colts to Indianapolis.

• Like 1