UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the Browns game could be a tremendous embarrassment for the organization and is going to open them up for weeks of fan anger and abuse, reporter criticism, and hopefully George rethinks being chairman.

It will not have any impact beyond what is happening already.

I would think it will have profound impact on potential free agents and their desire to come play in Chicago.  the bears will be a the last resort for players not their first choice. 

While I agree pace won't be fired a lost to the browns will cement his status as a lame duck GM who has to win in 2018 or will be fired.   

8 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I would think it will have profound impact on potential free agents and their desire to come play in Chicago.  the bears will be a the last resort for players not their first choice. 

While I agree pace won't be fired a lost to the browns will cement his status as a lame duck GM who has to win in 2018 or will be fired.   

I think the previous 33 loses, many in embarrassing no show fashion, have put Pace on as thin of ice as he will be on.

Part of me hopes they lose to the Browns. I want everyone to feel ashamed at the product they put on the field. I want them to be so ashamed that they actually fix it this offseason.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the previous 33 loses, many in embarrassing no show fashion, have put Pace on as thin of ice as he will be on.

Part of me hopes they lose to the Browns. I want everyone to feel ashamed at the product they put on the field. I want them to be so ashamed that they actually fix it this offseason.

I want to lose however many more games, if any, that it will take for us to land one of Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

I agree with this.

While part of me wants to lose this game, just to completely guarantee that the coaching staff is purged, and secure the best possible draft position....

I can't deny just how bad it will look if we lose to the Browns.....

We have much more talent than our record indicates on this roster, but we need a great draft AND a great FA class AND a great coaching staff if we're going to become competitors next season...... and 2 of those things depend massively on how people perceive us as a franchise. We really can't afford to lose this game, even if it means a worse draft spot.

35 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I agree, besides the only prospect worth tanking for would be Chubb, and I think he goes top 5 which we are not likely to reach

Might get ourselves in a fortuitous situation where someone really wants a QB. Just look at what the Chiefs gave last year.

No. 10: Buffalo → Kansas City(D). Buffalo traded their first-round selection (10th) to Kansas City in exchange for Kansas City's first- and third-round selections (27th and 91st), as well as their first-round selection in 2018.

We are absolutely a top 10 draft pick, so it isn't a stretch to think someone will want to do the same as KC did last year.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Might get ourselves in a fortuitous situation where someone really wants a QB. Just look at what the Chiefs gave last year.

No. 10: Buffalo → Kansas City(D). Buffalo traded their first-round selection (10th) to Kansas City in exchange for Kansas City's first- and third-round selections (27th and 91st), as well as their first-round selection in 2018.

We are absolutely a top 10 draft pick, so it isn't a stretch to think someone will want to do the same as KC did last year.

It's a long way out, but I believe we're in the magic no mans land where we both miss on top prospects and also don't have a desirable trade spot.   My guess is we reach a bit on DL or OL and some player 2 picks after us turns into a star. 

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's a long way out, but I believe we're in the magic no mans land where we both miss on top prospects and also don't have a desirable trade spot.   My guess is we reach a bit on DL or OL and some player 2 picks after us turns into a star. 

Be a change from being 1 pick right before us.

Aaron Donald, Leonard Williams, Jack Conklin, Myles Garrett.  Granted, the last two were while we traded up, but the point still stands.

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Be a change from being 1 pick right before us.

Aaron Donald, Leonard Williams, Jack Conklin, Myles Garrett.  Granted, the last two were while we traded up, but the point still stands.

It’s so ridiculous after this was a frequent occurrence that Pace got slaughtered for trading a few mid-round picks to make sure this didn’t happen with Trubisky, and really to a lesser extent with Floyd. 

19 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You don’t think they’re already ashamed? They aren’t fixing it differently because they win or lose this game. They’re trying to fix it as best they can because it’s their job to do so. 

As for this game, to me it’s a no-win for Pace. Either we lose and they’re worse than the Browns, we win but unconvincingly and it’s “They barely beat THE BROWNS”, or we blow them out and “Well it was just the Browns” and “They May have just blown their shot at Chubb to beat the GD Browns.” 

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How would people feel about a coaching staff of?

HC: Matt Patricia

OC: Bill O'Brien

DC: Mike Vrable

If Pace is really building a NO North style of team I don’t see Patricia on our radar tbh. I’d be good with it though. I think BOB can land another HC gig next year if he gets canned in HOU though. Like Vrabel a lot and think he’s soon to be a HC himself. Really if BOB and Vrabel are let go I’d just hire them as our HC/DC. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

You don’t think they’re already ashamed? They aren’t fixing it differently because they win or lose this game. They’re trying to fix it as best they can because it’s their job to do so. 

As for this game, to me it’s a no-win for Pace. Either we lose and they’re worse than the Browns, we win but unconvincingly and it’s “They barely beat THE BROWNS”, or we blow them out and “Well it was just the Browns” and “They May have just blown their shot at Chubb to beat the GD Browns.” 

I don’t think that they have been emabraased enough to actually make big philosophical changes. If you listen to the beat guys they talk about how the Bears still act like a charter franchise.

I think a loss to the Browns would signal that they very well could be the worst team in the NFL.

Perhaps that inspires more honesty within the building.

21 hours ago, G08 said:

I want to lose however many more games, if any, that it will take for us to land one of Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick.

After some reflection I can’t cheer for a loss to the Browns.

What the hell does that say about the state of this franchise? 

No way in hell do I want to lose to the Browns. I want us to win as many games as possible- winning is contagious and so is losing. I would love for us to win this game and if the Vikes rest their starters that game as well. Mitch needs to feel what feeling is like going into the off season. 

Draft status matters way less than we think it does. Very rarely do cant' miss prospects actually materialize. The roster is build with multiple hits across round 1,2.3. Unless its a Peyton Manning QB prospect I simply don't care.  

Archived