UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I don’t think Pace deserves and extension.

But I understand the value that it will add to the coaching search.

That's really all it comes down to.  This makes coaches sure that it's not a one year and done type of situation, and as much as the bears have been bad, they have been bad despite his success in drafting players and providing talent, not because of it.  IMO, this is a great move and is really going to give the Bears the pick of the litter at head coach.  

1) Top 2 pick at QB

2) Never in history have fired a head coach mid season 

3) GM has been extended to match the length of contract, ensuring even more job security if the coach brings results. 

4) Best stretch of drafts under Pace that they've had in years, maybe since the first couple of years with Jerry Angelo.  

I don't see a way the Bears aren't considered the best landing spot now as long as the decision is based on Football and not things like geographic location, external bias, or other non-football related reasons.   

55 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

That's really all it comes down to.  This makes coaches sure that it's not a one year and done type of situation, and as much as the bears have been bad, they have been bad despite his success in drafting players and providing talent, not because of it.  IMO, this is a great move and is really going to give the Bears the pick of the litter at head coach.  

1) Top 2 pick at QB

2) Never in history have fired a head coach mid season 

3) GM has been extended to match the length of contract, ensuring even more job security if the coach brings results. 

4) Best stretch of drafts under Pace that they've had in years, maybe since the first couple of years with Jerry Angelo.  

I don't see a way the Bears aren't considered the best landing spot now as long as the decision is based on Football and not things like geographic location, external bias, or other non-football related reasons.   

I think this really shows the Fox signing was out of Pace's hands, and management is now saying they want to be part of the decision, but now trust Pace to get the right guy.

If fine with the extension. Allows Pace to keep accruing talent and the HC to win the games and develop Trubisky.

In other news Dirk Koetter, and Jay Gruden are staying in TB and Washington respectively.  With Bowles signing an extension there are fewer and fewer openings around the NFL.  Hopefully this allows less competition on the coaches Pace wants for next year

24 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

In other news Dirk Koetter, and Jay Gruden are staying in TB and Washington respectively.  With Bowles signing an extension there are fewer and fewer openings around the NFL.  Hopefully this allows less competition on the coaches Pace wants for next year

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Mully and Hanley are both chronic glass-half-full guys. Same with David Kaplan. Haugh goes back and forth depending on the day. All of those guys suck. None of them are objective and just try to appeal to the typical huffing/puffing Bears fan.

Haugh is just utter crap. Hate that guy and his constant negativity. Would rather read an Erik Lambert article from Sports Mockery than listen to that guy.

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Ben Albright again stated that Toub is at the top of the Bears list.

Toub thought 2

If Dave Toub can manage a locker room and call a time out at the right time, then he is already an upgrade over the last 5 years. Of course he needs to have an OC in his back pocket.

PFT: "Via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, co-owner John Mara said Friday that the team is looking for a coach who has been a head coach in the past. At a minimum, the Giants want someone who 'has been a coordinator for a significant period of time.'"

The article references Schwartz, we've heard Fox mentioned, it wouldn't disqualify McDaniels, and I think even Saban will be in the mix again. The Giants, which I think is the #1 job available, seem like they will draw from a somewhat different pool of candidates than the Bears.

Archived