UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Looking more into the staff McDaniels could put together...Brian Flores would be a rock solid pick as a DC...McDaniels also player with Brian Polian in college who was a HC at Nevada for 3 years and is currently the ST coAch at Notre Dame so if we could get him as a special teams coach that would be a nice add...surprisingly it's a quality OC I am struggling to link to McDaniels.

Dont be shocked if its Brian Ferentz, he coached te/ol at ne under belichick, currently oc at iowa.  Hes being groomed to eventually replace his dad, but bb thought very highly of him and there was talk back then that he was a future nfl hc

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dont be shocked if its Brian Ferentz, he coached te/ol at ne under belichick, currently oc at iowa.  Hes being groomed to eventually replace his dad, but bb thought very highly of him and there was talk back then that he was a future nfl hc

I looked into Ferentz a little...most just stats and with how Iowa's offence did this year I would expect something a bit better to be honest...

As an OL coach I would be ecstatic tho. 

7 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Idk.  He was a damn good defensive coordinator and cincy was as bad as the lions a few years ago and the browns right now before he got there.  I still remember pti when he took that job and wilbon saying it was a bad idea and kornheiser saying if he wins 6 games they build him a statue.  Hes made it a perennially competitive team that probably should have made a deep run in 2015 but ran into the nfls best team outside of qb in the texans.  7 playoff appearances in 15 years doesnt seem great but they were an absolute dumpster fire before him

I mean if the answer isnt "He can win a SB" there's a problem. 

22 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I mean if the answer isnt "He can win a SB" there's a problem. 

I get it, but idk what his ceiling is bc hes been in cincy.  Bb couldnt have won a sb the way it was before.  Ill b interested to see what that team turns into when Lewis does finally step aside.  If it turns back into the dumpster fire id say he probably deserves hof

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Man... Flip with Fangio? I'd be over the moon!

I have no issue with Fangio sticking around as long as it’s solely the head coach’s decision. Pace can’t demand that and I wouldn’t even want him floating that as an idea.

25 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I have no issue with Fangio sticking around as long as it’s solely the head coach’s decision. Pace can’t demand that and I wouldn’t even want him floating that as an idea.

Any head coaching candidate that wants to say no to Fangio, who coordinated us to 9th in the league in points allowed, is a damn fool.

Especially when you consider how historically bad this defense was not even 3 years ago.

23 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I agree on the decision being that of the HC, but with that said any new HC that comes in here and doesn’t consider him without any prodding is an idiot. To have a team with no pass rushers basically half the season and no pro bowlers be a top 10 unit is quite impressive. It’s clear this D LOVES playing for him. There’s a lot that needs to get a lot better with this team, but the defense is a very small part of that. 

Archived